What do we actually know about Bond's personal life?

hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
edited June 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 496
What do we know about Bond's personal life? We know he went to Eton , he's an orphan , born in Berlin , lived in Scotland and Switzerland, his dad was called Andrew Bond and his mum was called Monique Delacroix Bond, he was born in March, married once, lives in a London flat, apparently has a brother called Henry, also went to Fettes college in Edinburgh, his parent's died in a mountain climbing accident when he was 11 and went to live with his auntie in a small village near Kent, his best mate is Felix Leiter , he's killed 352 people ( not including old CR's and SF), his family's motto is The World Is Not Enough, he loves poker,he was in the navy . What else do we know about him?

Comments

he's killed 352 people
    I hope he has little notches on his office desk. :))
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    See the Obituary of James Bond in Ian Fleming's You Only Live Twice (1964) for more details.
  • hullcityfanhullcityfan Banned
    he's killed 352 people

Haha maybe read it on a website he killed the most people in Goldeneye. @Dragonpol why should I see the YOLT book what for?
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    College educated. Likes spending money, and making it. Making money and making love.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Has a Scottish housekeeper named May. Has expensive, and exact, tastes.
  • 007InVT007InVT Classified
    Dragonpol wrote:
    See the Obituary of James Bond in Ian Fleming's You Only Live Twice (1964) for more details.

Yes, explains most of it. Plus it's a cracking read.
    Bradford4 wrote:
    College educated. Likes spending money, and making it. Making money and making love.

He actually has a little distain for money and moneyed people. Always infers he only needs enough.
  • Bradford4Bradford4 Banned
    The world is not ENOUGH.
    he's killed 352 people

Haha maybe read it on a website he killed the most people in Goldeneye. @Dragonpol why should I see the YOLT book what for?

You should see YOLT for the Obituary of James Bond that occupies a chapter near the end of the novel, as I indicated above. It will fill in any missing details that you may have on Bond's background and personal life!
    I should read my copy of John Pearson's book 'James Bond: The Authorized Biography of 007' to get more info on Bond's life. It can help out with this topic.
    ohfilms1 wrote:
    I should read my copy of John Pearson's book 'James Bond: The Authorized Biography of 007' to get more info on Bond's life. It can help out with this topic.

Yes, that one too is a good place to start, though of course it is post-Fleming so of dubious canonical membership.
    Dragonpol wrote:
    ohfilms1 wrote:

Yes, that one too is a good place to start, though of course it is post-Fleming so of dubious canonical membership.
    Well let's remember this was written by Ian Fleming's friend from The Sunday Times, John Pearson.

ohfilms1 wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:
    ohfilms1 wrote:

Well let's remember this was written by Ian Fleming's friend from The Sunday Times, John Pearson.

Well, that is of course the case and he does fill in the gaps in what Fleming initially wrote in his Bond novels and short stories.
    I know he's partial to a round of golf and enjoys other outdoor pursuits such as swimming and skiing.
    According to me Bond should have 36 children.
    edited June 2013 Posts: 17,804

Well, according to Raymond Benson, he did have one - James Suzuki, the son of Kissy Suzuki from YOLT. He's deceased, though. For more see the short story 'Blast From the Past' for more details.

Sounds much like old King Charles II (1660-1685) - he had loads of offspring including one notable case in Africa that had a title to the succession on the throne! The things that they teach you in History!
  • He's not a lesbian.
    He's not a lesbian.

Neither was Pussy Galore when it came to the crunch...
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Dragonpol wrote:

Well, according to Raymond Benson, he did have one - James Suzuki, the son of Kissy Suzuki from YOLT. He's deceased, though. For more see the short story 'Blast From the Past' for more details.

Sounds much like old King Charles II (1660-1685) - he had loads of offspring including one notable case in Africa that had a title to the succession on the throne! The things that they teach you in History!

She's pregnant of him when he leaves her to search for his roots in Russia (Fleming wrote that, so it's true). But there's no knowing if it were a boy or a girl.
    Dragonpol wrote:

She's pregnant of him when he leaves her to search for his roots in Russia (Fleming wrote that, so it's true). But there's no knowing if it were a boy or a girl.

Oh, well I knew it was true. Sorry if I didn't make it clear in the post above there!
    Dragonpol wrote:
    Dragonpol wrote:

Oh, well I knew it was true. Sorry if I didn't make it clear in the post above there!

Are we talking about YOLT here? He did have a son James Susiki (?).
    I'm currently writing a short story and it goes into Bond's personal life deeper in.
    ohfilms1 wrote:

Reading this now. It's great. Pearson actually wrote a bit like Fleming.
    I suppose that Moonraker is the Bond novel with most of Bond's inner life detailed inside. This may or may not have to do with the fact that it is the only one set entirely in England. Diamonds Are Forever would be another good choice too.