Brosnan and Kurylenko team up for new Spy movie

edited April 2013 in Actors Posts: 4,400

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    As good looking as Pierce still is, I think they're stretching it by having Kurylenko as his love interest. Still looking forward to the film, it'll be interesting to see how the character differs from Bond.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Count me in! I can't wait to see this. :D
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Oh I am just salivating here!! =D>
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited April 2013 Posts: 16,330
    Couldn't resist!
    headphones_zpsc547b74a.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    As good looking as Pierce still is, I think they're stretching it by having Kurylenko as his love interest. Still looking forward to the film, it'll be interesting to see how the character differs from Bond.

Pierce Brosnan deserves such beauty.
    edited April 2013 Posts: 17,691
    Creasy47 wrote:
    I concur!
  • Olga's pretty darn good for sloppy seconds ;)
    I expect epicness from this project!
    Awesome, can't wait. Love Olga.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Creasy47 wrote:

Dammit, I can't disagree.
    jolearon wrote:
    Love Olga.
    You too?
    ;)
    “She seems to be going through leading men like hot dinners. She is a gorgeous actress, beautiful woman. She started with Daniel Craig and she is going to end up with Brosnan,” he added.
    Thus spake the Broz. Looking forward to this. So many new Olga films!!!
    Olga's pretty darn good for sloppy seconds ;)

As nothing happened with Craig it will be a beautifull first.

;)
    Olgas career is doing very well it is a career plus to be a Bond girl nowadays
    From terrible videogame adaptions to a Bond movie, Seven Psychopaths and this. She's come a long way.

Good for Brosnan. I'll definitely be seeing this.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    I saw Kurilenko in Oblivion and I'm quite convinced she's got a huge career in front of her. Found her very good in QoS too, but she can keep this up. I guess the 'Bond-girl curse' is turning into a 'Bond-girl-blessing'.
    I saw Kurilenko in Oblivion and I'm quite convinced she's got a huge career in front of her. Found her very good in QoS too, but she can keep this up. I guess the 'Bond-girl curse' is turning into a 'Bond-girl-blessing'.

It really has.

Rosamund Pike has gone on to great things since DAD. Eva Green has also seen her career flourish. For a while it looked like Gemma Arterton was the one who really got out ahead and broke the aforementioned curse but since then Olga has stormed ahead, I mean she was the lead in a Terence Malick movie! She has come along way from Bond

Finally a Qantum of Solace i want to see
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Definitely looking forward to this! And age difference no problem in my eyes (and heart). ;) Lucky Pierce and Lucky Olga.
    Definitely looking forward to this! And age difference no problem in my eyes (and heart). ;) Lucky Pierce and Lucky Olga.

Just look at Michael Douglas and Cathrine Zeta Jones....
    Murdock wrote:
    Couldn't resist!

=)) That is pure class! ^:)^
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Couldn't resist!

We've descended into Austin Powers territory #-o
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Couldn't resist!

Indeed.

"Class?" I'm not sure Rog would agree. That is his daughter making the offer! :-O
    I love Bros, and I can't wait for this! He made the crappy Lawnmower Man & Dante's Peak watchable.
    This is exciting news. Looks like it could be a fun movie.
    And Olga Kurylenko's other movies, while not particularly "good", seem to always be entertaining at least. :)

It really has.

Rosamund Pike has gone on to great things since DAD. Eva Green has also seen her career flourish. For a while it looked like Gemma Arterton was the one who really got out ahead and broke the aforementioned curse but since then Olga has stormed ahead, I mean she was the lead in a Terence Malick movie! She has come along way from Bond

After her stunning performance in SF, I expect Berenice Marlohe to be on the fast track to superstardom.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I agree, I hope Berenice gets some good parts because she did a fine job with her rather short time on screen. I look forward to seeing her, too.

For Olga and Pierce, I will probably have a looooong wait. I'll try to figure out later when it will open in Asia.
  • edited April 2013 Posts: 12,837
    While I'm looking forward to the movie I'm not 100% sure on Kurylenko. She's fit and she's a decent actress imo but her movie track record isn't great.

I've seen her in

Max Payne: Honestly one of the worst movies I've ever seen. I was really looking forward to it too. I like Mark Wahlberg and I loved the video games it was based on, but this was crap and so was everybody in it, Olga included.

Quantum Of Solace: I thought Camille was a character that sounds interesting on paper but was utterly forgettable in the movie. To be fair it's the scripts fault more than Olga's. As for the movie itself, I enjoy it more than I used to but I think it's still one of the weaker Bond films and I'll never understand why some people here have it above classics like the Dalton flicks, TSWLM, etc.

Seven Psychopaths: And we come to the only really good film on my list. I thought this was great even if it wasn't as good as In Bruges. Olga was good in it but was outshone by the rest of the cast.
    As long as Brosnan doesn't sport a buzz cut or a moustache, this movie should rock.