Batman

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Here's an image with a better contrast:

1901435_10152041199391174_1145203436241069300_n.jpg
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Looks good. I'm happy it looks less like armor. Looks like it was ripped right out of Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns.
    Why do Batman's ears get shorter with each movie?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2014 Posts: 28,694
    I love the ears. That and the fat Bat-symbol are very reminiscent of TDKR, which is great. I can only hope the script also draws on that story, with Superman acting as a puppet for the American government and Batman being the immovable object standing in the way. I can't wait to see a full shot of the costume in full color.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    edited May 2014 Posts: 17,687
    Ben looks great. His Batman will be fine, maybe even as good as Keaton's.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,396
    They're giving DC a break on DCINB to slaughter Affleck instead. Nice to see people won't give someone a chance before they've even seen him in action. Talk about narrow minded wankers!

"Steroidal Batman does not work and the actor cannot act, and the film will not do well and it will be moved again because Captain America awaits that date. Watch them shelve it. Cavill is an after thought now as Superman and Affleck has Aff-lucked up the movie's publicity in a negative way."
    They're giving DC a break on DCINB to slaughter Affleck instead. Nice to see people won't give someone a chance before they've even seen him in action. Talk about narrow minded wankers!

"Steroidal Batman does not work and the actor cannot act, and the film will not do well and it will be moved again because Captain America awaits that date. Watch them shelve it. Cavill is an after thought now as Superman and Affleck has Aff-lucked up the movie's publicity in a negative way."

It is the Craig not Bond scenario all over again! I hope Affleck proves the doubters wrong as crap like that is uncalled for.
    RogueAgent wrote:

It is the Craig not Bond scenario all over again! I hope Affleck proves the doubters wrong as crap like that is uncalled for.

What do you expect from a bunch of twats who call DC, Cr-egg and Affleck, Aff-uck.

Maturity levels of 11yr old girls.

I think that's an insult to 11 year-old girls.
    chrisisall wrote:

I think that's an insult to 11 year-old girls.

:D
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    edited May 2014 Posts: 7,314
    Murdock wrote:
    Looks like it was ripped right out of Frank Miller's the Dark Knight Returns.
    It does remind me of that somewhat. Pretty cool.

and when the film makes over a billion curious how they will react?
    Risico007 wrote:

and when the film makes over a billion curious how they will react?

In the exact same manner that they have during the Craig era. Won't matter how much money the film makes or how lauded it is, they'll still consider it awful. Their minds have been made up already.
    Damn that annoys me- here's Batman come to life and they still complain.
    Whatever, I know I'll be first in line
    Damn that annoys me- here's Batman come to life and they still complain.
    Whatever, I know I'll be first in line

Me too! This could really become epic?!!! Here's certainly hoping so!
  • RC7RC7
    Who cares what people think? In my eyes, if you've no interest in seeing a film featuring Bruce Wayne/Batman you suck anyway. Watch it and criticise, but seeing your arse before a frame of film - pffft.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Ben is looking good. Looking forward to this.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    I'll admit when I first heard Affleck was Batman I was disappointed but that quickly changed when I really thought about him in the role. I believe he has the ability to pull off a charming playboy millionaire and a tough badass vigilante (which I feel he proved he can do in Daredevil).
    Then I saw the pic of him in the suit and I wasn't very thrilled when I first saw it. I felt the ears were too short and the bat symbol was too fat and big. Now that I've viewed the pic multiple times I have warmed up to the suit and actually prefer the short ears, the bat symbol I like but still prefer the smaller symbol.
    I've never read The Dark Knight Returns but I am interested in it. I know they have two animated movies based on Miller's comic and I've been thinking about checking them out.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 5,767
    My first thought was that the shorter ears look more like Catman than Batman. But the rest of him looks so nasty, I can´t imagine the ears will be a problem. Probably just a matter of getting-used-to. Anyhow, I kept wondering how many times those taller ears must have got stuck on an obstacle, like a door frame, or a car roof.
    I'll admit when I first heard Affleck was Batman I was disappointed but that quickly changed when I really thought about him in the role. I believe he has the ability to pull off a charming playboy millionaire and a tough badass vigilante (which I feel he proved he can do in Daredevil).
    Then I saw the pic of him in the suit and I wasn't very thrilled when I first saw it. I felt the ears were too short and the bat symbol was too fat and big. Now that I've viewed the pic multiple times I have warmed up to the suit and actually prefer the short ears, the bat symbol I like but still prefer the smaller symbol.
    I've never read The Dark Knight Returns but I am interested in it. I know they have two animated movies based on Miller's comic and I've been thinking about checking them out.

I'd check out the graphic novel first. The original source material can't be beat, though the animated adaption is to be hailed.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Conan O'Brien confirmed that 'Batman '66 Complete TV Series' will arrive on blu-ray this year:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=13987
    Bat fans are everywhere.
    New Batsuit looks awesome reminds me of The Dark Knight Returns.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Conan O'Brien confirmed that 'Batman '66 Complete TV Series' will arrive on blu-ray this year:

Recommend Fatman on Batman with Kevin Smith podcasts if you have not come across it mate. Interviews with everyone associated with Batman kevin conroy, bruce timm, mark hamil, the legend Paul dini, adam west et al

Currently they are running 75th anniversary specials. good stuff. Just bought son of Batman, animation was pretty impressive. Deviated from origin Story though was ok.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 6,432
    deleted
    Creasy47 wrote:

Recommend Fatman on Batman with Kevin Smith podcasts if you have not come across it mate. Interviews with everyone associated with Batman kevin conroy, bruce timm, mark hamil, the legend Paul dini, adam west et al

Currently they are running 75th anniversary specials. good stuff. Just bought son of Batman, animation was pretty impressive. Deviated from origin Story though was ok.

I concur. Fatman on Batman is brilliant!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Very cool.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 4,622
    Creasy47 wrote:

This is the biggest news of the still young decade IMO. I have been waiting forever for this. It's actually my favourite TV series of all-time, yes just marginally ahead of both The Man From Uncle and The Avengers.
    I am doing cartwheels!!!!
    Great news! Never thought the day would come!!

"Actor Conan O'Brien has tweeted some very exciting news today. According to the popular television host, Warner Brothers Home Entertainment is getting ready to release Batman '66 Complete TV Series in 2014.
    There is no confirmation yet whether the series is coming to Blu-ray, or a preliminary release date to share with the community, but we assume that when the series finally arrives on the home video market it will be available on Blu-ray and DVD.
    "

5572_tn.jpg

Julie Newmar, shapliest Catwoman of them all!
    Batman-TV-series-wallpaper.jpg

And Jill St.John appeared as a Tiffany Case-like, gangster moll in the debut episode.

tumblr_md3ehw3CMU1qa70eyo1_500.jpg