What are some of your favourite Bond poses?

edited April 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 101
A newer, fresh idea for a thread that I don't think has been done before?
What are some of the best poses Bond has done in the film?
I got the idea while watching Tomorrow Never Dies last night.
After Wai Lin activates that thing that shoots out and knocks over that guy in her lab, Pierce can be seen posing elegantly behind her, his back very tall and straight.
This pose always struck me as very interesting and bold.
Does anyone else have any favourite poses struck by Bond?

Comments

Well, not poses. I don't have a favorite I could no more pick a favorite pose than I could a favorite child if I had children. Watch the movies Sophies Choice for more on this moral conundrum. I like the classic gunbarrel pose that Pierces run had. Once again very straight back like you say, Happiest inthesaddle. Pierce's Perfect Posture.
    Discussion of the gunbarrel poses has been done to death. 8-|
    How about something fresher? :-w
    This is a thread about poses, I was just talking about poses. Flagged. maybe we can move this to a bigger thread? Mods?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2013 Posts: 28,694
    This is a thread about poses, I was just talking about poses. Flagged. maybe we can move this to a bigger thread? Mods?
    What sense does it make to flag someone from this? How childish. It isn't like he went on a swear filled rant. All he wants to do is create an interesting topic for us to discuss. Where's the harm in that?

Anyway, on to business....

Some notable favorites of mine:

*Bond goes on one knee in DN when he hears a noise (that we later find out to be Silvia) as he enters into his rooms.

*Bond stands on the rooftop, looking out over London at the end of Skyfall.

*Bond's silhouette/movements while holding his PPK in the Shanghai building in Skyfall.

*I love how Bond just stops and looks at Greene and his boys as they meet his gaze at opposite sides of the room in QoS. Bond looks so composed and uncrackable after his party crashing.

*In OHMSS when Bond grabs a knife while roughing up some of Draco's men after being guided to meet him in his office, closes the door behind him, and goes down on one knee, about to throw the knife straight at Draco.

*I am a fan of Roger's poses with the PPK. He always looked so elegant and dare I say...gentlemanly while handling the gun, often with one hand outwards and fingers extended. To name at least one moment, he looks very cool like holding his gun from the hip in his tuxedo while he and Anya are looking for Jaws amongst the pillars/structures in Egypt. The black of the tux pops beautifully with the sand-colored structures around him; simply gorgeous.

*Bond shooting Vargas in TB with a harpoon.

*Bond in his white dinner jacket, smoking as the explosion goes off and everyone evacuates around him in GF's PTS. Amazing moment.

*We only see Bond's silhouette standing in the light as the Bond theme strikes and Skyfall begins.

*Bond jumps the train carriage and fixes his cuffs in Skyfall.

I think that is a good start for now. :)

Cool topic by the way.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Another one.
    I was watching AVTAK last night.
    And I got a little bit turned on at the scene where Bond is sitting up in bed shirtless waiting for May Day.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    I like Craig holding the UMP. He even has one hand in the pocket like QBranch mentioned too.

489419538304572924_b65cb062f2.jpg

Daniel-Craig-as-James-Bond-in-Quantum-of-Solace._gallery_primary.jpg
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The look of Bond as he jumps off the roof and shoots at Mitchell in the chase scene of QoS (right before he slides down the roof and jumps into the brick wall on the balcony).
    Daltons pose in LTK trailer with Pam coming in and he grabs his gun and aims it at her- with Q behind him

Brosnans pose in the beginning of GE in the facility looking around the corner
    Creasy47 wrote:
    The look of Bond as he jumps off the roof and shoots at Mitchell in the chase scene of QoS (right before he slides down the roof and jumps into the brick wall on the balcony).

This is my favorite 'screenshot' from all of QoS.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Timothy Dalton and his gun sliding bit
    Daniel Craig adjusting his dinner jacket in CR
    DC adjusting his cuffs
    Sean Connery when he shoots Kurilenko's men in FRWL
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Creasy47 wrote:

This is my favorite 'screenshot' from all of QoS.

Do you mean this moment, gents?
    http://screenmusings.org/QuantumOfSolace/images/QoS_0196.jpg

If so, I agree!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, that's the one. Craig just gives him a quick one blast and then focuses on ensuring he doesn't turn into a road pancake a few stories down.
    I have a soft spot for Connery's classic crossed leged pose with the gun across the chest from the From Russia With Love poster.
    dkem91 wrote:
    I have a soft spot for Connery's classic crossed leged pose with the gun across the chest from the From Russia With Love poster.

Indeed. Just like Roger's Bond era that poster and others like it captured the elegance of holding a gun.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited April 2013 Posts: 12,459
    What sense does it make to flag someone from this? How childish. It isn't like he went on a swear filled rant. All he wants to do is create an interesting topic for us to discuss. Where's the harm in that?

Anyway, on to business....

Some notable favorites of mine:

*Bond goes on one knee in DN when he hears a noise (that we later find out to be Silvia) as he enters into his rooms.

*Bond stands on the rooftop, looking out over London at the end of Skyfall.

*Bond's silhouette/movements while holding his PPK in the Shanghai building in Skyfall.

*I love how Bond just stops and looks at Greene and his boys as they meet his gaze at opposite sides of the room in QoS. Bond looks so composed and uncrackable after his party crashing.

*In OHMSS when Bond grabs a knife while roughing up some of Draco's men after being guided to meet him in his office, closes the door behind him, and goes down on one knee, about to throw the knife straight at Draco.

*I am a fan of Roger's poses with the PPK. He always looked so elegant and dare I say...gentlemanly while handling the gun, often with one hand outwards and fingers extended. To name at least one moment, he looks very cool like holding his gun from the hip in his tuxedo while he and Anya are looking for Jaws amongst the pillars/structures in Egypt. The black of the tux pops beautifully with the sand-colored structures around him; simply gorgeous.

*Bond shooting Vargas in TB with a harpoon.

*Bond in his white dinner jacket, smoking as the explosion goes off and everyone evacuates around him in GF's PTS. Amazing moment.

*We only see Bond's silhouette standing in the light as the Bond theme strikes and Skyfall begins.

*Bond jumps the train carriage and fixes his cuffs in Skyfall.

I think that is a good start for now. :)

Cool topic by the way.

Nice list, 0Brady! Yes, there are a lot of memorable shots/poses of Bond over the course of these past four decades or so.

I love pretty much all of what everyone has mentioned so far.

I also like the way Pierce's Bond (in TND) shakes the water off his head after just finishing the outdoor impromptu shower with Wai Lin, as he watches her walk away.
    Number one for me:

spy-master-faces-of-bond-timothy-dalton.png
    One thing I thought of was when Locque was driving at Bond, trying to get away, and Moore stands at the end of the tunnel, legs apart, gun drawn, getting him in sight. That was almost a classic moment and memorable scene from that years release and thought it warranted a mention

There's another moment in Tomorrow Never Dies when Bond is looking for Wai-lin in Saigon, and goes up to this man with a cigarette, looks for a lighter, pulls a face and then punches him down. Not sure if it's the right area to include, but did it anyway

Underwater on the Thames in the Q-boat, The World Is Not Enough intro, has to be worth a mention,. where he straightens his tie. I think we can include that
    Another Pierce one (what can I say, I'm a fan tee hee)
    When he is in the hospital at the start of DAD, brawny and shirtless.
    He is standing with his gut sucked in talking to M.
    I like to pause it on this scene sometimes :)
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    One thing I thought of was when Locque was driving at Bond, trying to get away, and Moore stands at the end of the tunnel, legs apart, gun drawn, getting him in sight. That was almost a classic moment and memorable scene from that years release and thought it warranted a mention

There's another moment in Tomorrow Never Dies when Bond is looking for Wai-lin in Saigon, and goes up to this man with a cigarette, looks for a lighter, pulls a face and then punches him down. Not sure if it's the right area to include, but did it anyway

Underwater on the Thames in the Q-boat, The World Is Not Enough intro, has to be worth a mention,. where he straightens his tie. I think we can include that

Glad you mentioned that one, I love it, too, @Baltimore_007
    And I think a few members don't like the tie straightening moment in TWINE, but I sure do.