Do you give to charity?

ChristartosChristartos Banned
edited March 2013 in General Discussion Posts: 114
Froeinds.... I wake up theis morning feelin good! And I pledge...100 pound to charity!

Lets see what kind of community we have here at Bond Mi6...

Comments

• edited March 2013 Posts: 12,833
    I did movember last year, and I normally give money to children in need and comic/sports relief when it's time for that. I also drop money in the charity boxes you see in shops most of the time.

I was also part of this sponsored 5 a side thing ages ago. That's about it I think, I don't do huge ammounts but I do give a bit every now and again.
  • TOFANA007TOFANA007 Banned
    make sure whatever charty you give to be sure first it is LEGIT

lot of scams out there, i lost 1,500 dollars
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited March 2013 Posts: 11,139
    The irony of you talking about legitimacy and scams.
  • We run a 'soup kitchen' every month where I live plus we donate 2.5% of our income to charity every year...this is called Zakat, it's a fundamental thing we have to do as a part of our faith. We would have done it anyway...in view of food banks in the UK now, it really is a disgrace that govt and society has let this happen.

I fear this is the norm now and an underclass is being borne intentionally.

Good on you Christartos, every bit helps...
  • ChristartosChristartos Banned
    edited March 2013 Posts: 114
    We run a 'soup kitchen' every month where I live plus we donate 2.5% of our income to charity every year...this is called Zakat, it's a fundamental thing we have to do as a part of our faith. We would have done it anyway...in view of food banks in the UK now, it really is a disgrace that govt and society has let this happen.

I fear this is the norm now and an underclass is being borne intentionally.

Good on you Christartos, every bit helps...

thanks you my friend...this is my philosoiphy on life...every little bit counts..every little bit adds that little bit of magic

i also like you have a profound faith

• edited March 2013 Posts: 1,817
    There was a man who said that when your left hand does something good, your right one shouldn't know about it...
    Anyhow this thread has nothing to do with Bond, movies or anything related to this forum.
    edited March 2013 Posts: 114
    0013 wrote:
    There was a man who said that when your left hand does something good, your right shouldn't know about it...
    Anyhow this thread has nothing to do with Bond, movies or anything related to this forum.

Thats why i put it in general

why dont u post this in the football threads or the drinking treads or the youtube thread or the coolest thing youll see all dayu poetsed by my friend forgotmnyusername

...oir do you just harrass me?
    always make sure to deduct the charity from income and apply for tax credits....also gst
  • I used to give to World Vision, but I haven't in about a year. I did buy a homeless man dinner yesterday, but it's something that I've definitely got to get back into regularly.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I did movember last year, and I normally give money to children in need and comic/sports relief when it's time for that. I also drop money in the charity boxes you see in shops most of the time.

I was also part of this sponsored 5 a side thing ages ago. That's about it I think, I don't do huge ammounts but I do give a bit every now and again.

Considering that you have risked your life for your country, I would say you are doing overtime, mate. :)
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    Froeinds.... I wake up theis morning feelin good! And I pledge...100 pound to charity!

Lets see what kind of community we have here at Bond Mi6...
    always make sure to deduct the charity from income and apply for tax credits....also gst

Small slip there @Christatos. You pledged 100 pounds, but claim the gst back.
    Maybe in New Zealand, but surely they use dollars???
    As for charity, I give to several that I have a strong belief in, and who have played a large part in my life. And I'm not religious.
    Crazy.

I regularly buy from charity shops, i collect antiques and prints. I often donate items and give money to charity regularly.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 11,189
    I give £10 a month to UNICEF and £10 a month to WWF.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,833
    @Brady Thanks :)

@BAIN123 The Wrestling? :P
    edited March 2013 Posts: 89
    I give 65 a monnth to hugs intl
    Helping kids with mtiple scerlosis.
    It seem we are ALL charitablemen

Kudos all
  • TOFANA007 wrote:
    It seem we are ALL charitablemen

Kudos all

Especially when I make luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve.
  • I pay monthly to Cancer Research and have do so for years. It's important to me as I have lost family to the disease. Good to see so many people wanting to give donationd no matter the charity.
This discussion has been closed.