Bond, James Bond or Draper, Don Draper

edited May 2011 in General Movies & TV Posts: 172
who's the smoothest ladies' man?

the last three days i watch Mad Men, and i found the character Don Draper is quite James-Bond like (IMO) :

Don Draper.

Bond, James Bond.

One's a secret agent with a "00" rating and a license to kill, the other is a star advertising executive living under an assumed name.

One drinks vodka martinis, chilled, shaken not stirred; the other likes whiskey, neat.

Bond is man of action , the other was man behind the desk

Bond have no children (yet) , Don have 3 children

Both parent-less

Both are heavy smoker

Both examply hedonism, both look great in a suit, and...most importantly of all, both are amazingly adept at scoring with hot, hot, HOT babes...lot of 'em!

So which one of them is the smoothest, slickest, most tail-chasin'-est operater? Who do you like, would like to be like (or perhaps with) better?

I chose Bond is the smoothest...

I think if an American actor would allow to play Bond, Jon Hamm is the man, he is like Dalton IMO.

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2011 Posts: 15,686
    1- Moore Bond
    2- Connery Bond
    3- Don Draper
    4- Dalton Bond
    5- Lazenby Bond
    6- Brosnan Bond
    7- Craig Bond

I truly feel that if they ever had an American actor play Bond, Jon Hamm would be the man to do it

...not that I'm saying it's a good idea for an American actor to play him, but IF it were to happen....

lol if an American were to really play Bond, I'd wanna play him! To quote Dalton, 'If it....HAS to be done.... I'd rather do it...' ;-)
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting Master_Dahark: I truly feel that if they ever had an American actor play Bond, Jon Hamm would be the man to do it
    Very true. Give Hamm a scar down the side of his face and, for me, visually you've got Fleming's Bond right there...