The Most Hilarious Moments in the James Bond Films?

DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 17,804
What are our favourite most hilarious moments in the fify years of James Bond films from Dr. No to Skyfall?

Here are some one mine as a Fleming purist (we're not all dull as dishwater, y'know!):

The scene in LALD where the driver says "I can't...I can't find the brake!" and then crashes his car headlong into a stationary small aeroplane.

The scene where Jaws goes through the airport detector, flashes his steel teeth at the airport employee and the employee lets him pass only to do a few double-takes. I defy anyone not to laugh at this scene - it gets me every time!

The scene where Jaws just accepts he's messed up in getting to Manuela and Bond and dances with the crowd in Moonraker.

Mr Kidd saying "Mrs Whistler did want some pictures of the canals for the children." after taking a photograph of a drowned Mrs Whistler fished out of the Amsted. Mr Wint replies, "How kind of you, Mr Kid. The children will be so thrilled!" Probably the blackest piece of humour the Bond films - very Roald Dahl blackly comic.

James Bond, after he's thrown an assailant as a spanner into the works of the newspaper printing press in Tomorrow Never Dies - he quips deadpan, "They'll print anything these days!"

The scene where Moore Bond makes Jaws look up at the electromagnet in TSWLM whereupon he is magnetically attached to said electromagnet. Look at Roger Moore's face and eyes in this scene.

The scene where Karl Stromberg feeds his treacherous assistant to a shark in front of Dr Beckmann and Professor Markovic and where Stromberg says, deadpan and smiling, "Once again, gentlemen, my most profound thanks." Also, the look of the two boffins' faces when these enter the "death lift". Priceless.

The farting sound as Kananga inflates to the size of a barrage balloon and explodes in the cave roof - the most ridiculous Bond villain death ever!

Zorin gunning the miners and appearing to swear at them as he's doing it in AVTAK.

Zorin's way of laughing and his showing great enthusiasm every so often in AVTAK - a truly unhinged fruitcake, if ever there was one!

The "It's all wrapped up" scene in AVTAK microchip factory - two guards placed on box packaging conveyor belt!

Nck Nack placed in the "crow's nest" at the end of TMWTGG - the way the camera focuses in on him.

The face of the guard in the PTS of DAF after he's been hit with 3 scalpels - he looks like he has severe diarrhoea!

The face of the minor villan in the coffin after Bond hits him with one of his own knives - he looks like he forgot to take his heart medicine!

Well, that's a selection of my most hilarious Bond film moments - now I'd love to hear yours.

Comments

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    In GE, when Bond and the minister are talking in the Military Archives in St. Petersburg.

"What, no talking? No chit-chat?" =))

In TWINE, when Bond tights his tie underwater. Lol
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    In TMWTGG, "You've no idea what it went through to get here."
    Venice Glass Factory Receptionist: "Is there something I can help you with?"
    007: "I'm tempted to say yes immediately, but I think I'll have a look around."

Random London Civilian: "He's keen to get home!"

007: (to the subway operator) "OPEN THE DOOR."

M: "Goodnight?! Goodnight?!"
    007: "Goodnight sir!"

Cigar Girl: "Would you like to check my figures?
    007: "Ohhhh I'm sure they're perfectly rounded."

007: (speaking to Holly Goodhead) "Well, I like to keep abreast of things!"

007: (glancing over at Corrine Dufour's frontal chest region) "He [Hugo Drax] seems to have an eye for a good investment!"

In LALD, Bond opening the front door of his house at 5 in the morning to see M's weary face just outside!

Honey Ryder: "Did I do wrong?"
    007: "Well it wouldn't do to make a habit of it!" (referring to her killing the landlord with the black widow spider)

Kerim Bey: "The girl left in hysterics."
    007: "Found your technique too violent?"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Do you all not see the thread @Creasy47 posted? It is more than fitting to this topic.
  • "OPEN THE DOOR" - That had me in stitches every time. Dan's face he makes, like he wants to add with that "you stunned idiot!"

Most of the marginal juvenile humour in the Moore films has me laughing, mostly because of how foolish it is. Say what you want about Moore's flicks, they're pure entertainment!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'll have to phone my doctor. It appears my invisibility pills are working!
    "that last hand.......nearly killed me.."
  • hoppimikehoppimike Kent, UK
    edited February 2013 Posts: 290
    The entire character of Boris ^^
    actonsteve wrote:
    "that last hand.......nearly killed me.."

Yes that was great!

There are so many awesome, amazingly witty lines in Bond :D
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    In GE, when Bond and the minister are talking in the Military Archives in St. Petersburg.

"What, no talking? No chit-chat?" =))

yeah that bit cracks me up too ^^
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote:

Already a perfectly good thread for this.
    Seriously, there is a search function. A little time to check before making a new thread is all that is asked.

This discussion has been closed.