Aging curse on the Bond films?

jka12002jka12002 Banned
edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 188
This may sound ridiculous but have you guys noticed that the 3 longest serving Bonds seemed to have aged very rapidly during thier run as 007?

Connery - In DAF Connery was clearly out of shape and his age was showing in contrast to YOLT just 2 years earlier.
Moore - Looked pretty much the same as he did in LALD but suddenly had massive wrinkles on his face in AVTAK
Brosnan - In his final film DAD he had a grey streak in his hair similar to Mr.Fantastic from Fantastic Four.

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Eh I think it more stems from the age of the actors.

Connery was 40 in DAF but, I think he may have been a heavy smoker which could have aged him considerably.

Moore was 57 years old and had a facelift after Octopussy.

Brosnan was 49 when DAD was in production.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    fanbond123 wrote:
    "Moore - Looked pretty much the same as he did in LALD but suddenly had massive wrinkles on his face in AVTAK"

Don't mean this to be taking the mickey out of you but you do know your comment is a bit silly. There was a 12 year gap between LALD and AVTAK.

This is what a one year old baby looks like:

And this is what 1

Dont worry im not the easily offended type.
  • jka12002jka12002 Banned
    fanbond123 wrote:
    "Moore - Looked pretty much the same as he did in LALD but suddenly had massive wrinkles on his face in AVTAK"
    There was a 12 year gap between LALD and AVTAK.

This is what a one year old baby looks like:

And this is what a twelve year old boy looks like:

Kinda different, huh! Aged a lot. I'm not sure your point has any

You know, you're probably right perhaps im just overanalyzing this.
    I had a problem posting my last post. I got a box coming up with ERROR. Never mind.

There was a 12 year gap between LALD and AVTAK. We all tend to see

This
  • edited February 2013 Posts: 1,661
    I got a problem with my posting. I keep getting an ERROR box appearing. Weird.

This is what I meant to post:

There was a 12 year gap between LALD and AVTAK. We all tend to see aging from an older perspective but look at it from a young perspective and it's just as noticeable.

Compare a one year old baby with a twelve year old boy or girl. The difference in appearance is startling and it's not uncommon for 12 year old girls to be able to give birth. There's a huge change in just 12 years.

Humans age a lot in 12 years so time to rub on more of that anti-aging cream. ;) Say no to wrinkles!

The Bond actors do look older in HD too. Doesn't help keep the wrinkles at bay.

Sorry for the repeated posts. The error box seems to have gone.

"Connery - In DAF Connery was clearly out of shape and his age was showing in contrast to YOLT just 2 years earlier."

With respect, that's incorrect. YOLT was in 1967 - DAF was in 1971. That's a four year gap, not "two years earlier." You forgot about OHMSS in 1969. ;)
    fanbond123 wrote:
    "Connery - In DAF Connery was clearly out of shape and his age was showing in contrast to YOLT just 2 years earlier."

With respect, that's incorrect. YOLT was in 1967 - DAF was in 1971. That's a four year gap, not "two years earlier." You forgot about OHMSS in 1969. ;)

Sean must have hit the bottle hard, either that or he discovered Big Macs for the first time, hard to tell. Joking aside, he separated from his wife around the time leading up to Diamonds, so this could have taken a bit of a toll on him.

• edited February 2013 Posts: 11,425
    DC is also ageing rapidly. May they should try going with someone a lot younger next time? Who was the youngest when they started? Sean? Laz?
    Connery had that 'creased cheek' look which gave him a more mature look:

http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/09/Dr.No_.Sean-Connery.jpg

He once mentioned how he always looked older than his years. I do recall hearing or reading that but I can't remember the exact source.

• pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    jka12002 wrote:
    Moore - Looked pretty much the same as he did in LALD but suddenly had massive wrinkles on his face in AVTAK
    I disagree. You can really see, especially now in blu-ray, that in every new film he did there were a few more wrinkles added to his face. They were starting to become quite prevalent by FYEO.
    Blu-ray... the actors worst enemy! Spot those wrinkles in glorious 1080p HD. :D

Thank God classic BBC kids drama Grange Hill wasn't in HD - all those kids with acne spots. No thanks. :P
This discussion has been closed.