James Bond I.Q.

edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 6,432
Did a Google search on this site, could not find a similar question. In any media relating to Bond has James Bonds I.Q. ever been mentioned or speculated on?

Also I am asking the question who are the most intelligent characters and least intelligent characters in the bond universe. Speculate on characters I.Q.

Post a top five and a bottom five list :-)

Comments

Along with Bond, I reckon M has the highest I.Q.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Top 5 IQs in Bond? Interesting. Bonds is probably around the 150 mark but theres no way hes on the list.

Heres my pick from every film and then a top 5.

DN: Dr No – Nuclear phyisicst, enough said.
    FRWL: Kronsteen – Chess grandmaster. IQ is probably off the scale.
    GF: Mr Ling – Expert in nuclear fission.
    TB: Kotze – Expert in nuclear bombs (and isn’t he Nobel prize winning?)
    YOLT: Blofeld – to mastermind such an endeavour he must be pretty bright.
    OHMSS: Blofeld – ditto, and now appears to be some sort of chemist into the bargain.
    DAF: Dr Metz – Expert in laser technology.
    LALD: Probably Bond. Kanaga is just a fairly low level criminal when all said and done.
    TMWTGG: Gibson – Solar energy expert.
    TSWLM: Dr Beckmann and Professor Markowitz – Created the submarine tracking system.
    MR: Drax or Dr Goodhead – Both experts in space tech and to be a fully trained astronaut you have to have a pretty high IQ.
    FYEO: Bond or Kristatos I suppose. As Bond wins the day is he the cleverer? But without Columbo Bond would’ve got a knife in the back so….
    OP: Jim Fanning probably knows his stuff and went to Oxbridge but Kamal and Orlov are in the mix I guess.
    AVTAK: Zorin – On the basis that ‘a few children were born with phenomenal IQs’.
    TLD: Bond – the villains are nothing much here.
    LTK: Truman Lodge – I reckon hes definitely Ivy League with an MBA which might just mean his family has got money but he does seem to know what hes talking about.
    GE: Boris – Computer expert.
    TND: Gupta? – His character is some sort of computer whizz so maybe but Carver didn’t get to his position without being a pretty shrewd operator.
    TWINE: Dr Arkov – Nuclear expert. Its either him or Dr Christmas Jones!!
    DAD: Dr Alvarez (is that his name?) – Pioneering DNA replacement expert. Or Vlad maybe.
    CR: Le Chiffre - Maths genius.
    QOS: Greene seems reasonably intelligent but Bond outwits him so maybe Bond.
    SF: Silva is obviously a computer genius and even though Q is also pretty sharp hes not as quick as Silva is he.

Top 5 (in no particular order. Well I say that, its actually blatantly chronological isnt it?))

Kronsteen
    Kotze
    Zorin
    Le Chiffre
    Silva

Also Q really has a claim in most films and I'd certainly imagine his IQ to be higher than Bonds.
  • Top 5 IQs in Bond? Interesting. Bonds is probably around the 150 mark but theres no way hes on the list.

Heres my pick from every film and then a top 5.

DN: Dr No – Nuclear phyisicst, enough said.
    FRWL: Kronsteen – Chess grandmaster. IQ is probably off the scale.
    GF: Mr Ling – Expert in nuclear fission.
    TB: Kotze – Expert in nuclear bombs (and isn’t he Nobel prize winning?)
    YOLT: Blofeld – to mastermind such an endeavour he must be pretty bright.
    OHMSS: Blofeld – ditto, and now appears to be some sort of chemist into the bargain.
    DAF: Dr Metz – Expert in laser technology.
    LALD: Probably Bond. Kanaga is just a fairly low level criminal when all said and done.
    TMWTGG: Gibson – Solar energy expert.
    TSWLM: Dr Beckmann and Professor Markowitz – Created the submarine tracking system.
    MR: Drax or Dr Goodhead – Both experts in space tech and to be a fully trained astronaut you have to have a pretty high IQ.
    FYEO: Bond or Kristatos I suppose. As Bond wins the day is he the cleverer? But without Columbo Bond would’ve got a knife in the back so….
    OP: Jim Fanning probably knows his stuff and went to Oxbridge but Kamal and Orlov are in the mix I guess.
    AVTAK: Zorin – On the basis that ‘a few children were born with phenomenal IQs’.
    TLD: Bond – the villains are nothing much here.
    LTK: Truman Lodge – I reckon hes definitely Ivy League with an MBA which might just mean his family has got money but he does seem to know what hes talking about.
    GE: Boris – Computer expert.
    TND: Gupta? – His character is some sort of computer whizz so maybe but Carver didn’t get to his position without being a pretty shrewd operator.
    TWINE: Dr Arkov – Nuclear expert. Its either him or Dr Christmas Jones!!
    DAD: Dr Alvarez (is that his name?) – Pioneering DNA replacement expert. Or Vlad maybe.
    CR: Le Chiffre - Maths genius.
    QOS: Greene seems reasonably intelligent but Bond outwits him so maybe Bond.
    SF: Silva is obviously a computer genius and even though Q is also pretty sharp hes not as quick as Silva is he.

Top 5 (in no particular order. Well I say that, its actually blatantly chronological isnt it?))

Kronsteen
    Kotze
    Zorin
    Le Chiffre
    Silva

Also Q really has a claim in most films and I'd certainly imagine his IQ to be higher than Bonds.

Those are very interesting observations. Kronsteen, Zorin and Le Chiffre may well have the 3 best brains. Of all the Bonds, Connery is the one who used his head and deduction powers the most.
    Wasn't "IQ" the nickname of Major Boothroyd's grandson in James Bond Jr.?
  • LicencedToKilt69007LicencedToKilt69007 Belgium, Wallonia
    Q, M and 007's are the highest ones by miles. Sure.

Some villains as well, even more...