Dr. No - Bond shooting Professor Dent

edited February 2013 in Bond Movies Posts: 352
Hello everyone,

So, I was watching Dr. No the other night and recalled the scene where Bond waits for Professor Dent and then eliminates him. MI6-HQ just posted an article detailing the scene.

What is the gun that Bond uses to kill Dent with? Is it an earlier variant of the Walther PPK, because it doesn't look like one - or a modern one, at least.

Thanks!

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    The gun used is a FN Browning M1910. Just scroll down on this page until you spot the gun and the scene to get more information about it:
    http://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Dr._No

All courtesy of Internet Movie Firearms Database.
  • Wonderful, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7!, Thank you!
  • OligarchOligarch Banned
    very interesting. A sexy looking gun indeed. Thanks for the website Brady, a lot of nice factoids and information on there.
    If you want a continued discussion of Bond's weapons of choice (or any of his allies/enemies for that matter), it can be discussed here:
    http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2702/james-bonds-gun-past-present-and-future/p2#Item_44
    Brilliant cold bloodied cinema! Certainly groundbreaking and contravercial at the time! Never look back since!
  • Is there any youtube footage of Bond's original shooting, since cut down to just two shots I believe? I can't find any.
  • Is there any youtube footage of Bond's original shooting, since cut down to just two shots I believe? I can't find any.

I looked for the original, but couldnt find it.
    However, this is how it MIGHT have looked like, kinda, lol. (This is the Dent scene)

• It's simply put, one of my favorite few minutes spent, in the whole of Doctor No

I always look forward to when it occurs, and of course at a time, when Connery was at his absolute best
  • Surely the surfeit shooting was on the original VHS copies that went out? Or did it get cut for even then? What about early (ie 1980s) showings (prob recorded by many a fan) on telly?
  • It's one of Connery's many great moments in his tenure, lovingly recreated to a degree in CR when Craig takes out Dryden. It was also considered very graphic and violent in that era of film making and shocked a lot of people, I recall my Dad and Pop-Pop telling me that when I was little. It was part of the buzz that launched a mania.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @JWESTBROOK's link and this one will both do.
This discussion has been closed.