What kind of music does Bond listen to?

edited December 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 68
I'm not sure where to put this (Bond music, Literary Bond or the Novels) so I'll start here.
As the question asks what kind of music does Bond listen to? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I can only think of 2 occasions where we glimpse what kind of music Bond might like. In the novel Diamonds Are Forever Bond is apparently familiar with "Echoes of Paris" by George Feyer. This album, for anyone that might not have heard it, is a light jazz album with piano. The second occasion I know of is in move The Living Daylights when Bond and Kara are driving and Bond is listening to jazz.
Based on these two incidences I would conclude that Bond is a jazz fan, even if its not stated. I would guess him to listen to more of a lounge type jazz, such as Paul Desmond for example, than free form jazz like Miles Davis.

Comments

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I know he hates The Beatles!
  • Could be under music in a sense ?

Well Connery said he didn't like the Beatles, but they've been off the radar since about 1969, so Bond will invariably be listening to newer and different sounds

I think all said, James Bond isn't really focused on music, in that we never understand or get to hear of his personal music tastes. It's never really specified. All we know is, Bond likes his vodka martini's, his women and likes to toy around with gadgets and save the world. Bond's musical preferences are never really highlighted. Would be great if Bond was a fan of Metallica or something though..
  • Yes, but I-pods are very recent items, and Bond goes back to the early 1960s, when needless to say, they weren't available. Would Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton or even Brosnan have such an item ? It's only really Craig that is relevant to that you understand

And this is for general music, and not as having something on an I-pod. There is quite a difference
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yes, but I-pods are very recent items, and Bond goes back to the early 1960s, when needless to say, they weren't available. Would Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton or even Brosnan have such an item ? It's only really Craig that is relevant to that you understand

And this is for general music, and not as having something on an I-pod. There is quite a difference

Just refer to Brady's original topic; I don't see the reason why his is irrelevant because iPods weren't around back in the 60's and 70's.

We also discuss which Bond we would like to watch any Bond movie with in any fictional Bond location, too, but that's unrealistic, isn't it?
  • Don't believe I've seen that thread, but I'll have a look round etc
    Wasn't it in one of the novels that is favourite song is Georgia on my Mind?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Yes, but I-pods are very recent items, and Bond goes back to the early 1960s, when needless to say, they weren't available. Would Connery, Lazenby, Moore, Dalton or even Brosnan have such an item ? It's only really Craig that is relevant to that you understand

As @Creasy has said, we don't have to think about iPods in my thread. We can just talk music, as that is the basis of the topic anyway. No reason to have duplicates around here.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Let's go with 0Brady's thread.
This discussion has been closed.