SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    smitty wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    One day, ONE DAY, we will have another Bond film where he is just given an assignment and we don't have to drag M and the rest of them into the action and carnage.

My same fear about SP, that we'll just get SF2 as Mendes sees all the additional minor players as HIS creations and is grossly inflating their roles and cluttering up SP with more M, more MP, more Scott's character, more Tanner, more Hinx, more (3) Bond girls, and just more and more of what should be minor supporting players eating up most of a Bond film that should be about Bond and his mission. Mendes turned Craig's Bond into an aging supporting player in SF who failed at almost everything. I can't even remember the plot other than Bond trying to foil the villain and in major part failing as M was killed. I'm all for Waltz's Blofeld and Lea's Swann and OK, Hinx could be fun, but beyond that, Mendes is cluttering this film up with a an endless bunch of actors that most Bond film goers don't give a damn about. I fear a good Bond film will just be lost in the clutter.
    Why don't you just wait until you see the film. Obviously from location of sequence MI6 is involved... M and Moneypenny wouldn't just be home in bed lol.
    Less than 6 more months until we see Spectre :D

That is six months too many... :(
    Can't believe they are filming right outside my office and I missed it all being away for the weekend. Nice that london of getting more screen time.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I want to see more. Four days until 'Aloha' releases, wouldn't it be a nice surprise if the full trailer dropped this week without any heads up or insider info on it?
    I hope for a more prestigious film to drop their next trailer. There are enough to choose from. Just my two...

Scenes from shooting in Morocco in June are probably needed for a full trailer.
    @Germanlady, that's why I highly doubt we'll get one with 'Aloha.' Like you said, there are much bigger films to release the trailer alongside of, but then again, I suppose it doesn't matter too much when A.) it'll be released online beforehand anyway, and B.) it's bound to be shown in front of those bigger summer blockbusters anyway.

@Zekidk, that's probably right. Then again, that teaser was very lax on most of the locations thus far, and we also saw no real action sequences, so they may be able to come up with something.

I'll just take the film on blu-ray right now, please.
  • JWPepperJWPepper You sit on it, but you can't take it with you.
    I think the trailer won't be released until early September.
    JWPepper wrote: »

Nah I think that's a bit late in the game. I said it before, I think late July is a prime spot. Shooting will be wrapped so they'll have access to all the footage including the Morocco scenes, Sony can stick the trailer in front of their own film Pixels (which seems to me like its going to be a breakout hit), it can also play in front of Mission Impossible/UNCLE etc, and if they have it ready, they can debut it at Comic-con in early July (though they've never done a Bond thing there before).
    JWPepper wrote: »

If that was the case, that would be horrible marketing on their part. I know it's Bond and Bond will always manage to put butts in seats, but to release the first full trailer a month before the film premieres? I don't see it happening.

From May to October 2012, we had the teaser trailer and two official trailers from SF. I'd like to think that it won't take them from March to September 2015 to release the first official trailer.

• doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Yeah, there's no way the first full theatrical trailer for SP will be released in September; that's just way too late. I think we should get a trailer before mid July. It's entirely possible to get something substantial in June and then a third trailer with a few Morocco scenes released in September.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited May 2015 Posts: 10,588
    Double post.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    ^ Also, big budget movies that are being released today seem to have more trailers, most cases being teaser trailer #1, teaser trailer #2, theatrical trailer, and one final trailer.

So, that being said, at the end of this week, will we get a trailer or a video blog?
  • It's possible we could get a Mexico videoblog, I guess?
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    We will get something at the end of the month. If it's going to be a video blog it will be released on Thursday and if a teaser trailer we should get a countdown on the 007.com site by Wednesday.
    Considering that we are only 1 months away from wrapping this film, we got VERY little,
    SF was not great compared to QOS, but this is even more disappointing.
    What all have we had since production began? One poster, one teaser trailer, one videoblog, and some clapperboard photos, correct?
    They've released the first teaser early, so they'll release the theatrical trailer at the same time as SF if not earlier. If it's at the same time as SF they have a prime position with Jurassic World in a couple of weeks to drop a second teaser trailer for which there is def enough good footage.

If it was with Aloha I think we'd already have known about it I think, we'll know def for sure tonight though if it's with Aloha.
    @Germanlady, that's why I highly doubt we'll get one with 'Aloha.' Like you said, there are much bigger films to release the trailer alongside of, but then again, I suppose it doesn't matter too much when A.) it'll be released online beforehand anyway, and B.) it's bound to be shown in front of those bigger summer blockbusters anyway.

I sort of disagree - trailer campaigns are almost always planned out around theatrical releases, they lock down the targeted theatrical placement first then the online launches. Remember that the first teaser for SPECTRE was released in time to be shown in cinemas with Furious 7, and Sony requested all F7 screenings play it.

So I'm keeping my hopes up for something by Jurassic World. :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    ...And a leaked script! :D
    What all have we had since production began? One poster, one teaser trailer, one videoblog, and some clapperboard photos, correct?
    Two posters, a teaser trailer, three video blogs, and 18 clapperboards (though a few of them aren't official).
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Let's hope so. I'm dying to see some new footage.
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland

@Creasy47 A lot of press photos and 3 video blogs
  • Ant-Man or Terminator: Genisys looks like as good a candidate as any for the theatrical trailer. Both are coming out in July and both will be major blockbusters.

Yes, and I consider this VERY little. No featurettes, no interviews, no nothing.

Was there an earlier post suggesting roads will be closed this week for filming? Am sure I saw something but can't find anything. Maybe in London on Wednesday and wondered if there would be any filming on Wednesday evening.
    But what I'm saying is that we live in a world now where everything seems to be online first and foremost. Just because it's attached to play in front of a big film doesn't mean much these days, because you can hop online and always see it beforehand.

Ahh, yes, and I managed to forget about the first teaser poster and the other two videoblogs (I don't know where my head is today. I'm going crazy.)
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Music-wise I can tell you it won't be. Not even close.
    That makes me sad too.

Does anybody think there is any chance that the OHMSS theme will be back for the snow sequences?

• mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Nope we won't ...won't even the 007 theme. (Does anyone even remember that) ..we will barely get the Bond theme for that matter..except over the end credits maybe. Looking forward the Spectra ..just not the music.
    It'll be fine.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    Nope we won't ...won't even the 007 theme. (Does anyone even remember that) ..we will barely get the Bond theme for that matter..except over the end credits maybe. Looking forward the Spectra ..just not the music.

Newman....take note. Please. Just please.