SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    aaron819 wrote: »
    As usual, here's an album with over 70 photos from today's shooting in Rome. Photo credits goes to ANSA/AGF and Corrieri.

http://imgur.com/a/JReCj

Some amazing photos. I'm sure they'll be some great ones of the car chase on Monday :D

@MadeleineSwann What's on Monday?

You said that's when filming for part of the chase is didn't you? 23rd February and the early hours of the 24th February?
    aaron819 wrote: »
    It's just been confirmed that they will be filming at the Ponte Sisto bridge on the 23rd of February from 16:00 until 04:00 of the 24th of February

@MadeleineSwann Oh yes, so sorry, I'm so excited about everything in the film !!!

what are they filming tomorrow
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 11,119
    By the way, I don't think they are filming the car chase today at all. I think they are filming the hand-over of the brand-new DB10 to 007 for the first time no?
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    By the way, I don't think they are filming the car chase today at all. I think they are filming the hand-over of the brand-new DB10 to 007 for the first time no?
    Sort of

• RC7RC7
    I read it carefully @RC7. It's just not "my gripe" :-). You make it sound like they are all "nods" and "disappointing copy-paste work". Frankly, I find that a bit a too negative. You can also see it as "re-inventing" some gadgets.

You didn't. You implied I thought the chase was too Brosnan-esque. I didn't. I'm not asking you to agree with my 'gripe', just understand what it is. I do think it's a 'nod', yes
    It's something synonymous with GF, as was the DB5. Mendes obviously likes to tip his hat to this film. I'm sure the rest of it will be super-duper awesome, but it doesn't take away from the fact it's riffing on the past rather than doing something different. Just my opinion. I know lots of people will lap it up, as they did in SF. Don't go out of your way to justify it on my behalf, Mendes really hasn't thought about this as much as people on here would.
    The nicest thing of this all I think, is that we really see James Bond evolving after a needed reboot and over a course of four Bond films. He turns, in a slower, nuanced way, into the Bond we all like to see. Not in a GoldenEye-esque way, with straight-in-your-face gadgets, but with more time, more breathing space, to give the gadgets a place in a new universe.

Sorry mate, but I don't buy this. The DC era was all about change and risk, even QoS, while the Brosnan era made no bones about being a greatest hits album. It was shameless, but honest. You can't in one breath talk about these Mendes films as being nuanced works of multi-layered genius, and in the other suggest that
    a car with an ejector seat is fair game. Why not just have a villain that throws a bowler hat at people.
    The DC era hasn't fully delivered on what CR promised in my eyes, something I'm thinking about writing an essay on, and these small instances that are creeping in are evidence of that. There's no risk or surprise in regurgitation. Just because it doesn't look the same on the way out as on the way in, doesn't mean it's not the same thing. There are plenty of
    endings to this car chase that would be more original, or at least fitting, than what it seems is being planned. Mendes riffing on the ejector seat is exactly the same as Tamahori doing it in DAD. Passenger seat, or driver seat, they went on the same journey to get there. Not a very long or original one.
  • Let's see how "SPECTRE" turns out then @RC7.
  • Lio007 wrote: »
    Details from the map: Have you seen that the various cars are drawn (not always with the same distance)? As well, several colors for the occurrences.
    413805carchaseroma.jpg
    1) Red: regular trace - (part3) Blue: C-X75 alongside - (part 5) Green: DB10 is going slow down due to the Fiat
    2) (part 3) C-X75 needs to do a U-turn and DB10 temporarily escapes
    3) (part 7): C-X75 is approaching in the straight line
    4) (part 10): DB10 is sliding (dotted line) and it leads to...

IMO, the car chase will be mainly focused on driver's skills although some tricks (gadgets) will be obviously used.

That's my idea as well.....
  • RC7RC7
    Let's see how "SPECTRE" turns out then @RC7.

I'm sure it will be great, I just want it to be as exhilarating and fresh as CR.
  • RC7 wrote: »

I'm sure it will be great, I just want it to be as exhilarating and fresh as CR.

Me too.....but let's not forget, there can only be one reboot. And the more the Craig-films get onto familiair Bond grounds, the more people start saying they are not fresh or as exhilarating as that particular film. For me personally, that's not right, as in its core a superduper old franchise like James Bond is never original or fresh.

I'm just a bit afraid that at times were a bit too negative about the Bond films......and not in a good way :-(. Criticism is OK, but until I have actually seen the film, I'm not going to start to worry about gadgets. Obviously there's a plan behind all this.
  • SkyfallCraigSkyfallCraig Rome, Italy
    For the ones that are worried about the overuse of gadget, on that map you can clearly see written
    Machine Gun Not Working
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    Very nice to see "The Wilson's" on set. David, Gregg and Michael hanging out with Daniel.

ULZFbKU.jpg

ysMdPBH.jpg

KRwwAWt.jpg

SGagsyA.jpg
  • RC7RC7
    RC7 wrote: »

Me too.....but let's not forget, there can only be one reboot. And the more the Craig-films get onto familiair Bond grounds, the more people start saying they are not fresh or as exhilarating as that particular film. For me personally, that's not right, as in its core a superduper old franchise like James Bond is never original or fresh.

I'm just a bit afraid that at times were a bit too negative about the Bond films......and not in a good way :-(. Criticism is OK, but until I have actually seen the film, I'm not going to start to worry about gadgets. Obviously there's a plan behind all this.

I think for me, they don't need to get into familiar territory. CR had the hallmarks of a Bond film, while still being relatively resistant to the enticing and comforting pull of familiarity. I don't even think this is down to it being a reboot. CR could easily be retooled to be a straight mission and still be a great film. If there's anywhere this can be discussed, though I'd say it's here. I try to give reasoning if I'm putting a negative slant on something, simply saying cross your fingers and it'll all be amazing doesn't really work for me. Any reservations I have going into SP can be put to bed by Mendes and his team, and if they do it's a win-win for me because all I want is the best Bond film they can deliver.
  • I want to have a date with Gregg Wilson
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    For all the reports about script troubles, at least the script was sorted before filming started. Mission Impossible 5 has stopped production to rewrite the conclusion of the script.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited February 2015 Posts: 4,043
    SPECTRE could be the film that has it's cake and eats it. While wanting to maintain the vibe of the Craig era it seems to be moving more towards the classic Bond film.

This looks like possibly the perfect synthesis of the old an new, something I was hoping was going to be happening with the Craig films after QOS.

SF certainly hinted at it but the M storyline put a darker tone on proceedings despite at times definitely lightening up things after the dour QOS. The ending obviously bought it back to a more serious tone but the sign off hinted that things were moving into the more familiar territory of the series, the male M with the classic office setting, the introduction of Q and MP and just the vibe that Bond was starting to enjoy things more.

Mendes looks to have lived up to that promise and SPECTRE is looking like a classic adventure in the mould of TB or SWLM. While it's unlikely to get as flippant as those more epic Connery's and Moore's it seems the nods to the past are here to stay.

While as Bond fans some of us would like something more like CR I don't think this era would continue to be successful if you took it back to that, this era as been an evolution like no other of the series and now we at the point that some of us wanted but then again they'll still be some who won't like it because of Craig or those who wanted things to stay more serious.

I would of classed myself at a time who wanted more gritty stories and darker tone but after 2 films of it and one that balanced between dark and light, I'm ready for a big epic adventure with action sequences that rise to the occasion and it seems SPECTRE is going to deliver on it. So the use of Aston doesn't bother me, even the use of gadgets isn't a turn off so far this film is ticking all the boxes it needs to, I can't wait to see the finished product in November.
  • edited February 2015 Posts: 188
    Germanlady wrote: »
    Not only the Aston is pretty ;)

25E74DFF00000578-2962825-image-m-14_1424522551116_zps84dffeea.jpg

I agree. The Aston is no match for him. Dashing.
    The suit is lovely - and it seems less of a super-tight fit than in SF. Or is that just my imagination?
    The leather gloves are a bit odd here, but then leather gloves are always a good thing, right?
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Don't like the shoes better off wearing oxfords gloves should only be worn with an overcoat.
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    gloves should only be worn with an overcoat.
    They're driving gloves, not overcoat gloves.

Certainly looking forward to the next video blog from Italy!!! :-bd
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Gorgeous photos!!! So far this looks spectacular. I love the three-piece suit, and the gloves (driving gloves, @JCRendle is right) look great. Good to see MGW in action and taking the "kids" to work with him ;) (it's impressive how much Gregg looks like him). Also nice to see Craig keeps his photographing tradition, I'd love for his collection to be shown some day, rumour has it he's an amazing photographer.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Are the glasses Persol?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Are the glasses Persol?

They look like Persol to me.

@Sandy, agreed, these photos really are beautiful.
  • ggl007 wrote: »
    Are the glasses Persol?

Tom Ford either Hugh or Snowdon

Surprised less people have mentioned the suit which is a great look.

Seems to be a more dandy ish handkerchief in te pocket again.

There's some thing about the Aston I'm not in Iove with. Can't put my finger in it. Think it looks maybe too bulky and has lost the elegance of some of the older models.

I have a good feeling about what I've seen this far. Feels like a classy travelogue adventure. I mean Bolivia in QOS was hardly beautiful was it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Matt007, agreed on the Aston. Definitely doesn't look as elegant and classic as the other Aston Martin's. It almost looks too sleek/sporty to me.
  • TuxedoTuxedo Europe
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Matt007, agreed on the Aston. Definitely doesn't look as elegant and classic as the other Aston Martin's. It almost looks too sleek/sporty to me.
    I agree with that.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    JCRendle wrote: »
    Mrcoggins wrote: »
    gloves should only be worn with an overcoat.
    They're driving gloves, not overcoat gloves.

@JC beg to differ but they are too thick and they are lined so they are not driving gloves

Craig looks good in his suit today. Good job there!
    I feel Aston have been tweaking the same design since about 2000 with differing results. The QOS model is nice.