Production manager Terry Bamber to start on Bond 23 in August

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 1,380
Terry Bamber, who has been Production Manager for the last three James Bond movies from "Die Another Day" through to "Quantum of Solace" expects to start work on the 23rd 007 adventure this August.

Writing on Twitter, Bamber said: "should start on Bond 23 in August (God willing)".

For Daniel Craig's first two outings as 007, Bamber has been Production Manager for the Second Unit.

Although an official start date has not been announced, all signs point to shooting starting around November this year.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    They're certainly taking their time for it. I hope they've spent the previous months on working out a good script. ;;)
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    'Shooting' as in involving the actors? Very early if that's true. Usually Criag or Brozzer or whoever comes in around January.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Terry Bamber working at Bond since Tomorrow Never Dies.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Balje's right. He's been involved in all Bonds since TND, always as a production manager. Good call, Balje!
    We'll see what happens.
  • JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
    In an earlier tweet, Bamber said: "I have been coming to India since 1992 when I first worked in Varanasi – I am really hoping the next Bond film will come." National newspaper reports in the country linked locations in India to Bond 23 this week.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2011 Posts: 13,350
    Quoting NicNac:
    'Shooting' as in involving the actors? Very early if that's
    true. Usually Criag or Brozzer or whoever comes in around January.
    We've known for some time now Bond 23 would start filming this year. Dench begins in November though Mendes is free, and as has been hinted at, from September when he finishes Richard III. Indeed this film could put the traditional January starts out of sync for a while.
    Quoting JamesPage:
    In an earlier tweet, Bamber said: "I have been coming to
    India since 1992 when I first worked in Varanasi – I am really hoping the next
    Bond film will come." National newspaper reports in the country linked locations
    in India to Bond 23 this week.
    I wonder if Bamber is responding to the rumour or if he has some insider knowledge... Any idea Mr. Page?
    On the website of QOS is a hilarious video with Terry. He wonders if he ever will be hired again by Barbara. (Of course you have already seen it).
    http://www.sonypictures.com.au/movies/quantumofsolace/video.html#/video
    As a second unit production manager he drinks a lot of cola. Maybe it explains the problems with the pre title sequences of the second unit...

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I love the six bottles of Cola. That realy tickled me. And that he gets confused where the "m and the l are". That's why he emails don't make any sense.

Let's hire Bamber to write Bond 23!
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    Quoting Charles: On the website of QOS is a hilarious video with Terry. He wonders if he ever will be hired again by Barbara. (Of course you have already seen it).

http://www.sonypictures.com.au/movies/quantumofsolace/video.html#/video

As a second unit production manager he drinks a lot of cola. Maybe it explains the problems with the pre title sequences of the second unit...
    Ha, never seen that before - man's a legend!

Reminds me of one or two people I've worked with before now - you're not exactly sure what they do, but if ever they were to be removed from the big wheel, you can be sure all the little cogs would grind to a halt.

Maybe he should be the new Q or Victor or something...? :p
    @ St_George
    Exactly, and Barbara knows that too...
    Yes, the new Q ...... or maybe ... 007. Look at:
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0051403/