Mallory - head of Quantum

edited November 2012 in Bond 26 & Beyond Posts: 1,314
Coud be cool. He encouraged M to step aside then helped Bond take her off to get killed. He's now head of MI6, could use his position to destabilise the intelligence community and ultimately pit country against country, and get Bond to do his dirty work unknowingly.

Imagine the reveal when Craig discovers he's been working for Quantum all along.

Comments

• Nooooooo.

We have a new M and it's all set up for a more normal Bond film. Let's just have M be M. Not Bonds mum, not a traitor, he just meets Bond at the start and gives him his mission.
  • NO
    Nooooooo.

We have a new M and it's all set up for a more normal Bond film. Let's just have M be M. Not Bonds mum, not a traitor, he just meets Bond at the start and gives him his mission.

This could be the 'brainwashed' plot, but M is brainwashing Bond into killing other people and he realizes it and has to kill M.

Could be interesting. But I'd like Mallory either way.

Yes iwant to see Quantum return, but i do not want Mallory as a villain. I like the new M and the great actor now playing him.
    TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Damn it. Cover's blown.

(runs)
  • Matt007 wrote:
    Coud be cool. He encouraged M to step aside then helped Bond take her off to get killed. He's now head of MI6, could use his position to destabilise the intelligence community and ultimately pit country against country, and get Bond to do his dirty work unknowingly.

Imagine the reveal when Craig discovers he's been working for Quantum all along.

interesting plot. I like it!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Lord no!

No more double agents or rogue mi6 staff. What we need is Bond to just get on with things and to do his job, bring down the bad guys and get a pat on the back for a job well done back at HQ. The good guys and the bad guys should be clearly identified.
  • No, don't think so. Q on the other hand.......
  • I have to agree with everyone else and say no...
    Considering Fiennes is notorious for playing villains, they wouldn't do something like that anyway. Most people were probably more shocked that he turned out to be a good guy. :))
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    No, don't think so. Q on the other hand.......

Yes... Of course, start your own evil council, get appointed the Quartermaster of MI6 (gives you perfect cover, because you're not only the head of a Q organization, but a Q Branch of MI6), kill Bond on your first weekend off.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I don't want any massive twists or plots that hit home and immediately threaten only M/Q/Moneypenny or whoever. I just want a separate mission that Bond has to tackle at his finest.
  • Matt007 wrote:

It's not cool.
    While it would be a shame to waste the talents of an actor like Fiennes, I don't think this would be the best way to utilise them. Perhaps something closer to CR, where M travels to the Bahamas to talk with Bond. Or like TB (just expanded) with M discussing strategies and Bond's progress with military leaders while Bond is completing his mission. As others have said, I'd like a straight forward Bond film without personal threats to MI6.
    I'll stick it in the 'bad ideas' corner.

I agree with the next film being more trad. Cool PTS. Briefing. Shag. Meet villain. Shag. Kill villain. Shag.
  • Volante wrote:
    While it would be a shame to waste the talents of an actor like Fiennes, I don't think this would be the best way to utilise them. Perhaps something closer to CR, where M travels to the Bahamas to talk with Bond. Or like TB (just expanded) with M discussing strategies and Bond's progress with military leaders while Bond is completing his mission. As others have said, I'd like a straight forward Bond film without personal threats to MI6.

I agree! Something like in Thunderball would be great!
    I would also really like to see M and/or Bond talking with another 00 agent. Maybe really just 002 leaving M's office while Bond is waiting or something like that.

I really don't want to find out M is the bad guy. Not saying it's not an interesting idea, but I really would love a straightforward M.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    I hope he be the villian in Bond eyes. In the meaning that he thinks he can replace Mommy to easy.
  • No to anyone but Tim Curry as far as my choice for head of QUANTUM. Or Blofeld if this era is truly not a reboot. It could be interesting though if it turned out to be a real nasty, dominatrix, queen bee type of woman.
    No. Way. José.

We now have a new M. Producers wouldn't let it happen. M should be a character Bond could rely on. Not some traitor for Quantum. I'm glad we got someone like Fiennes in the role. Let's not overcomplicate things by making him a baddie.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Tim Curry as any role in a Bond film, and I would be a very, very happy person.

"Tim Curry is Roger Moore's best friend, Pennywise the Clown, in 'Bond 24.'"

Fifteen tickets, please!
  • That would be a waste of a good actor with a good role. We're better of with Mallory now, guys. I remember NSNA, where M was a bureaucrat with an obvious disdain for Bond, and thought that Edward Fox's was way better than Bernard Lee's - instead of an old admiral whom Bond patronizes because of a common world they shared (I mean the Navy), Fox's M was a political tyrant who shares a mutual annoyance with Bond, but had no choice but work with him anyway. That's where I see Ralph Fiennes to be heading. He could be slightly antagonistic or disapproving of Bond, but never a traitor to the cause they are both fighting for.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    No way, no! And Fiennes only accepted to be in Skyfall when they told him he would become M and not a villain.
  • I think you might be getting mixed up with another successful British film series... ;)