Barbie Loves Bond

edited April 2011 in Merchandise Posts: 162
So I'm looking to collect the Bond Girl Barbies that came out last year:

http://mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/collecting_barbie1.php3?t=&s=girls&id=02637

Except for Jinx....

Which leads me to a few questions:

Anyone know if this is it? Is there a plan to release more of these? (I'm doubtful, but wishing....)

Do you agree with their choices?

This is who has been immortalized in Barbie form:

Solitaire
Jinx
Pussy Galore
Octopussy
Honey Ryder

Who do you think should have been included? Who could have been left out?

Obviously I'm not a Jinx fan. I would have LOVED a Tania Barbie.... Or Kara. I'd trade Octopussy for her, even.

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2011 Posts: 15,690
    I would buy the Jinx barbie... if her breasts were the right proportion.
    I'm sure they're the same as any other Barbie...

That would probably be about right, though 8-|
    They need Barbie verions of Vesper Lynd, Fiona Volpe, and Anya Amasova. Honestly, I also think it would be very cool to see a Mayday Barbie.
  • I love the look of these barbies, but I'm really disapointed about the inconsiancy of the boxes. The first 3 had a nice, simple blue gunbarrel, then the next 2 have an awkward looking set from the movie.

Hopefully Tracy, Tatiana, Anya and Holly are not far off. I would love to see a MayDay barbie too!
    Quoting LiveAndEatPie: the next 2 have an awkward looking set from the movie.
    Do they really? I only have two from the first set. I never even saw the second wave in stores, which was disappointing. Finding the collectible Barbies you want in stores is really a crap shoot...
  • saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    Surely Stacey Sutton is crying out to be turned into a Barbie, admittedly with their glazed expressionless faces and plastic rigid awkward poses they may be a little too animated to capture her exactly but even so... :)
  • retrokittyretrokitty The Couv
    The faces are great... the bodies are horrifying... Look at how skinny the legs are - even more than the old Barbie...

ewww....
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Looks like they have gone for more familiar actresses, rather than the best Bond girls. As beautiful as Claudine Auger was she will never make the cut ahead of Halle Berry.

• LudsLuds MIA
    Quoting lalala2004: Who do you think should have been included? Who could have been left out?

Obviously I'm not a Jinx fan. I would have LOVED a Tania Barbie.... Or Kara. I'd trade Octopussy for her, even.
    Jinx does look ridiculous doesn't she? :-))
    I suppose a Kara barbie would have been nice. Or a nice Pam. And maybe a Melina.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Jinx doesn't look all that bad to me. As for Solitaire, can you direct me to a pic of her barbie, Lalala?
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Gorgeous. The better ones of them all I'd say.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A Christmas Jones barbie should be a laugh, I'd pay to see that.

If I can't have that I'll settle for Solitaire or Honey. They both look great.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 162
    Quoting DarthDimi: Jinx doesn't look all that bad to me.
    Nothing wrong with the way she looks. I'm just not going to buy anything having to do with that character....
    I could be mistaken but is the Jinx doll a little less - uh - loaded underneath the bra than the Honey doll?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    They all look like they need a good meal, or four.
    Pussy's outfit looks lovely though. I wish contemporary fashion would return to that. That's what I call style.
  • edited April 2011 Posts: 162
    Quoting DarthDimi: I could be mistaken but is the Jinx doll a little less - uh - loaded underneath the bra than the Honey doll?
    I think it just might be the way they photographed it. I seriously doubt they changed the Barbie design very much and I'm sure they are all basically the same...

I could be wrong, though

Here are some pictures of the actual doll. She looks more like the others there: http://www.007collector.com/bond/?p=3179
    I don't like that comma of hair on the doll. Plus, the head's shape is all wrong now that I see it from a different perspective.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited April 2011 Posts: 1,699
    Is it just me, or is anybody else reminded of Lady Penelope...? ;)

Speaking of which, ho ho - clicky... :p
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Aaah, that's creepy SG. Take it away :-D
    wow all this look good
    OMG you guys! I found the last two I wanted at a discount store yesterday for $15 less than the other ones I bought. Like LiveandEatPie said, however, the backgrounds are weird. They should have stuck with the gun barrels, I don't get why they changed it....
    Quoting DarthDimi: Plus, the head's shape is all wrong now that I see it from a different perspective.
    That's kind of how Barbies look to begin with. At least it's not a Bratz doll.