Daniel Craig attached to Clooney directed Monuments Men

ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
edited October 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 4,043

Comments

I want to buy a ticket for this now! Cool news!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The front page item has been linked to this thread so keeping it open.
    TThis sounds like alot of fun?!
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Sounds interesting. I'm happy to see Craig doing more than just Bond. It seems all the Bonds but him and Connery were stuck in the image of Bond.
    Clooney and that cast and the plot outline suggest something like Ocean´s Six against The Evil Empire. Sounds like a lot of fun and thrill!
  • edited December 2012 Posts: 6,601
    Seems they already start In January

Matt Damon In Talks To Join Monumental Cast Of George Clooney’s Next Film
    http://www.deadline.com/2012/12/matt-damon-joins-monumental-cast-of-george-clooneys-next-film/

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=35922
  • Sounds interesting. I'm happy to see Craig doing more than just Bond. It seems all the Bonds but him and Connery were stuck in the image of Bond.

Brosnan and Dalton have done lots outside Bond and Lazenby isn't that well remembered. I'd say the only one stuck in Bonds image is Moore and even he had The Saint.
    Au contraire IMO - Moore has done a lot more then Dalton certainly and some good stuff among it. He did more then Brosnan, too.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Bond and Bourne together.....hmmm....
  • Germanlady wrote:
    Au contraire IMO - Moore has done a lot more then Dalton certainly and some good stuff among it. He did more then Brosnan, too.

Like?
    Germanlady wrote:

Like?

You are right in questioning this - I remembered Rogers war films, that I liked, but there is really not that much more. So - Pierce has done more work - quality like I would think, they are equal.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited December 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Wait wait WAIT!...

We have spies comprising of Bond (Craig), Bourne (Damon), Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath (Dujardin in OSS 117 films) and Jack (Clooney from The American) all in one film?! INSANITY! I CAN'T TAKE IT!
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Wait wait WAIT!...

We have spies comprising of Bond (Craig), Bourne (Damon), Hubert Bonisseur de La Bath (Dujardin in OSS 117 films) and Jack (Clooney from The American) all in one film?! INSANITY! I CAN'T TAKE IT!

:> Oh yeah! I'm so excited about this film!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited March 2013 Posts: 4,043
    Don't shoot the messenger but it appears Clooney has commenced shooting on Monuments Men and the official press release does not mention Craig although he's still listed on IMBD ( not that means anything). Which some are now interpreting that DC has dropped out of this, see below.

http://collider.com/george-clooney-monuments-men-filming-begins/#more-237510

Incidentally the progress on The Girl Who Played With Fire is also still up in the air despite Craig saying in an interview that he was out it appears this was a little premature , Fincher has not committed but if Craig has dropped out of Clooney's latest maybe The Girl sequel is moving forward or it will clash with Bond 24 or Craig's lack of name in the press release is a mistake, although it seems a little silly not to name the star of billion dollar plus grossing film in your publicity, all very confusing really.

No doubt we'll get some clarity at some point to Craig's involvement or not.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @Shardlake, I noticed that, too. If this is the case, I wonder what Craig will do now. Is it at all possible for them to do TGWPWF before 'Bond 24,' if the latter starts shooting late 2013/early 2014? Last I heard, the script was finished, and Mara and Fincher have been talking about it quite a lot.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I will be sad if Dan backed out. It is a film full of actors that have played spies before, and it would be cool to see them all together onscreen.
    I would be a little gutted if he's not in it, I was thinking he'd finally got himself cast in a decent film outside of Bond when he snagged Blomvist and with the news of his casting in Clooney's next film I was quite excited. I only watched Dream House Sunday and slapped my head in disbelief to why the director and cast thought it was a good idea.

It has got a great cast and yes having Bond and Bourne in the same film would have been interesting (I know they would be playing different characters).

If this is because they are moving forward with Millennium Part 2 then that wouldn't be so bad as I'd love to see him back with Fincher to finish off the trilogy but if this is down to Bond then surely this mean that things are moving forward and that a late 2014 release date is on the cards.

Clarification is unlikely to come from EON on this so we'll be waiting for Clooney or Sony Columbia to confirm what has happened.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Very strange and unexpected news, this. Maybe this time is being used for working on Bond 24's story and casting? If they did do the other two Millenium films it wouldn't be until after that anyway, if at all.
    I think Craig has realised that Bond is working out very well for him and rather than fight against it as decided to enjoy the ride, I think he's going to be around for sometime yet as 007 much to some's annoyance.

edited March 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Shardlake wrote:
    I think Craig has realised that Bond is working out very well for him and rather than fight against it as decided to enjoy the ride, I think he's going to be around for sometime yet as 007 much to some's annoyance.

I wish it every night before bed. [-O<
    edited March 2013 Posts: 13,350
    But why not take others role too, to fill in the time? At this rate, Craig's first film after Skyfall will be Bond 24. Do EON want him to spend the three months with him on the next Bond film, I wonder.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    But why not take others role too, to fill in the time? At this rate, Craig's first film after Skyfall will be Bond 24. Do EON want him to spend the three months with him on the next Bond film, I wonder.

He's apparently going back to Broadway this Autumn doing Pinter's 'Betrayal' with his wife.

Its a shame MM isn't happening but it may be that he got offered something better that is gearing up production now quietly. I was really looking forward to seeing that cast together though.

With the exception of GWTDT he's not really been too canny picking roles if you compare him to some of his contemporaries.

I want him to do other work and MM would have been ideal to expand his C.V outside of Bond but obviously something has got in the way of him taking part. What does surprise is that his exit hasn't been more publicised. I'm still hoping an error has been made and he will be in the film but it's looking more like he won't.

I think though he's realised that his other work isn't actually setting the world on fire and rather than fight is association with Bond he's embracing it. I think if he can still credibly play the role we could see another 3 more films with him has Bond before he hands his walther in.

Also his financial reward from Bond should allow him to like Pierce has done finance his own projects and support other colleagues in getting more challenging projects off the ground.
    He is out. I think, when Matt Damon joined rather late, he was the replacement for DC.
    I also think, its sad, because its a likely Oscar contender, but who knows, what else he is cooking up with his wife. She recently had a strong YES on directing and producing. IMO he will be going more and more back to his roots and not look, what will enhance his career outside of Bond. He tried and it didn't work out, so...wo knows? Many others would have been all over the place after the mega hit of SF to promote themselves and build up their popularity. DC did the opposite and just disappeared apart from the GL's.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101122
    http://collider.com/george-clooney-monuments-men-filming-begins/
    I guess we now know what the extra time will be used for.
    Samuel001 wrote:

We do?
    Helping find a new director for Bond 24.
  • Germanlady wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

We do?

Trying to find a director as good as Mendes to get on board for Bond 24 ? Maybe DC doesn't want to turn up and BB and MGW have already hired another Lee Tamahori...

Samuel001 wrote:
    Helping find a new director for Bond 24.

Hardly - not that he is NOT doing that, but MM was not THE lead role, so I assume, there would have been time for both. I dunno, how much of his time that Broadwayplay will eat up and how involved he/they will be in that. A lot probably. There are a million options for letting this go..