How many times have you seen/will you see Skyfall

1789101113»

Comments

What a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. :)

Damn, I envy you. If I hadn't been away from town for some weeks and ill for some weeks, I'd sure have seen it at least a few more times than my 8. *sigh*
  • quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    Thanks, Tuulia. Now that it's (seemingly) all over and I'm desperately yearning to somehow see it in all it's big screen glory just one more time I look back and wish that I had squeezed in a few more viewings when it was on everywhere every day.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I've never utilized a Digital Copy/UV before, so I looked into my copy of SF for it.

Unfortunately, I found out the Digital Copy is in SD only - such a waste - but I signed up with VUDU and am using my UV copy to stream it in HD. Tonight will be good.
    3 times in the theatre + 1 at home = 4
  • brinkeguthriebrinkeguthrie Piz Gloria
    Twice @ theatre, 1.75 times @ home on the DVD...will wrap up second showing prolly tonight and that will be it for awhile. I know all the dialogue!!
  • Thanks, Tuulia. Now that it's (seemingly) all over and I'm desperately yearning to somehow see it in all it's big screen glory just one more time I look back and wish that I had squeezed in a few more viewings when it was on everywhere every day.

Watching it on my big TV is just not the same as seeing it in the theatre. I swear that I can notice the loss of crispness in the image quality, and the colours are displaying slightly different on my TV (very noticeable as Bond's sweater in Scotland is closer to royal blue on my TV). At least it's a good opportunity to tweak my colour settings...

• 5 times in theaters, 5 at home (2 of which were yesterday)

10 total!!!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2013 Posts: 28,694
    Twice in theaters, once at home in full (Blu-ray). I have seen the Tennyson bit about twenty times though, I am sure.
    Good gracious. Whatever has happened to my beloved 'Skyfall'? It's... shrunk!

Yep, I've just watched THE film on Blu-Ray. And whilst it's still an absolute out and out masterpiece it really has lost one heck of a lot, not only in terms of scale and grandeur - but also in power and emotional impact.

And it feels downright weird viewing it in my own living room when less than a week ago I was watching it in all it's big screen glory at the Birmingham Odeon. It's been released on DVD/BLU too damn quickly for my liking.

Oh well. I guess you can't fight progress. I'm still living in hope of seeing it at the cinema again, though. If only some enterprising picturehouse would schedule a triple-bill of CR, QOS and SF. I'd certainly be first in the queue!
    ^^ I know exactly what you mean.
    Except I don't even have br, just dvd. *sigh*
  • 8 times at various cinemas. Once last night on dvd. Might give it another go tonight. Love this movie!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

And it feels downright weird viewing it in my own living room when less than a week ago I was watching it in all it's big screen glory at the Birmingham Odeon. It's been released on DVD/BLU too damn quickly for my liking.

To be fair, Skyfall got more time in the theaters than is of the norm.
    True, four months is pretty good going - especially when compared to Spielberg's 'Lincoln' which has disappeared from a lot of cinemas after barely three weeks on release! Mid-Feb does seem comparatively early compared to CR and QOS's appearance on DVD, though. Basically I wanted it to be up there where it belongs on the big screen forever!
  • I have watched it once on blu ray and will give it another go soon.
    Hopefully it will be better next time, was very disappointed with it.
    For me the first hour just drags like no other Bond before it.
    I actually laughed out loud when Monneypenny was revealed at the end.