James Bond public lecture at University of Mary Washington, VA

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited April 2011 in News Posts: 1,380
Event: "Great Lives Lecture - James Bond" by Jeremy Black
Date: Tuesday 12th April 2011
Time: 19:30

Jeremy Black, Professor of History at the University of Exeter, is the author of 'The Politics of James Bond: From Fleming’s Novels to the Big Screen' (2001). One of Europe’s most prominent historians, he is the author of 100 books, including A History of the British Isles, and, most recently, George III: America’s Last King (2008). He previously lectured in Great Lives on George III and Napoleon.

All lectures are open to the public free of charge and begin at 7:30 p.m. in Dodd Auditorium in George Washington Hall. For further information, contact the Office of University Events and Conferencing Events Information line, at (540) 654-1065.

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Great opportunity for those who live nearby. I think this is something we can recommend everyone. I'm dreaming of attending academic lectures on Bond but unfortunately I haven't had a chance to do that where I live.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    I was nearer I'd go but alas just a bit too far out. :-(
    This would have been a great lecture. I've read his book and have it proudly displayed on my shelf. It's a superb read. It discusses the Politics of Bond in three parts - the Fleming books, the movies and the Bond legacy. Its both an entertaining and intelligent read. I found it to be a nice change of pace, as many of the companion books rehash a lot of the same material but this book has an academic bent, which lends the subject matter a little more gravitas.