Byrne: Bond would be phenomenal

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited March 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 13,350
Mary Byrne would be “so proud” to make the theme tune to Bond 23.

The Dublin X Factor finalist is reported to be on the singing shortlist for the film, where Daniel Craig reprises his role as the spy, and said it would be an honour if she was even considered for the role.

“We have talked about it. We have put it out there, but they haven’t got back to me yet,” she revealed.

“I would be the happiest woman on this planet, and that’s the truth. To sing a Bond song, you would be up there with the greats, the likes of Shirley Bassey, Tom Jones and Paul McCartney. To even consider me would be a phenomenal feeling, and I would be so honoured and proud.”

Mary – whose debut album Mine And Yours is out now – is a big fan of the Bond films.

“I love James Bond movies, I loved them from the Sean Connery ones. Connery is my number one Bond, there’s no doubt about that,” she admitted.

“But my favourite Bond is Roger Moore because he is my generation, and then Pierce Brosnan as the sexy one. Daniel Craig brings a different dimension to it.”

http://www.expressandstar.com/entertainment/showbiz-news/2011/03/31/byrne-bond-would-be-phenomenal/