Bond girl Jane Seymour gives rare interview about 'Live And Let Die'

JamesPageJamesPage Administrator, Moderator, Director
edited September 2012 in News Posts: 1,380
"My Bond character was meant to look like a virgin, I don't think they do that very often," Jane Seymour told <a href="http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/jane-seymour-i-was-virgin-james-bond"; target="_blank">FOX411</a> this week.

The British actress, who has made America her home, gave a rare interview about her time on the 1973 James Bond film "Live And Let Die".

"Usually they are looking for someone exotic, different, beautiful, someone that is a nemesis or a lover for (Bond). There is always a twist to it, there is always something exotic about a Bond girl."

"Being in that film I was just 20 and starting out, so it was a huge deal. I had a career afterwards, but I have never done anything remotely like that since then. I had to go back to what I knew and what I do which is more practical stuff," she said.

"And this was the first Roger Moore Bond film, and it was big shoes to climb into after Sean Connery. I was watching Roger deal with that, but I was very new to acting so I realized I had a lot to learn."

"It's interesting that whenever I meet some of the other Bond girls, I always have something in common, and it is an interesting sorority. We all share about our Bonds," she giggled. “We may as well be in high school."

Comments

Good to see her talking about her time with Bond. Always an enjoyable actress to watch
    Totally love her. Extremely beautiful - even today.Seems like a nice one, as well.
    She was an excellent Bond girl.

It was very ironic to me that Roger Moore's first and last Bond co-star played wife and husband in a movie 33 years and 20 years after their Bond movies. And it was quite a treat to watch Jane and Christopher Walken acting on the big screen together. It sure brought back lots of good memories.
    Nice to see she is so positive about her time with the Bond franchise. She really does have a natural beauty and warmth about her. Hopefully she will attend the premiere of Skyfall!
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Good interview and how great it is to hear someone with mainly positive things to say about their time with Bond.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited September 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Jane has always looked back on her LALD experience and Bond stint with a positive attitude. Good for her, and it is great that she looks back and thinks fondly of it. Great woman, and she could still be a Bond girl in the next film and beat many out of the park.
  • Have to give an acknowledgement of what I feel was the most beautiful Bond girl ever. Maybe not the best we ever had, but she's my personal favorite. Was only about 22 when she did the film in 1973, not that you'd think it whenever viewing. Moore was a lucky man that year