SKYFALL will feature the new MGM logo.

marketto007marketto007 Brazil
edited September 2012 in Skyfall Posts: 3,277

Will be seen on "Skyfall", "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey", "Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters" and other titles.

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited September 2012 Posts: 40,372
    Ehh, that isn't too bad. Nice to see it changed up, but I love what we've had over the past few years.

It's pretty nice, though, knowing that the next time I see that will be when I'm sitting in the theater waiting for SF to start.
  • tqbtqb
    :05- 0:07 is a little weird but the rest isn't bad
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    The MGM logo is pure class, always has been. Don't mind this new refresh either :)
    actually the eye of the lion looks like a Bond start credits :)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    That's not all that bad and gives the feel of a fresh start for MGM too. I like it.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    It's good, but personally I would like to see it fade in from black to the logo (as normal), and then after the lion roars, zoom IN to his eye which becomes white and segues into the white dot scrolling sequence. Not to sound fussy or anything.

On second thoughts, maybe that's a bit much.

• w2bondw2bond is indeed a very rare breed
    This logo terrified me as a child :)
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Looking good.
    I like better the previous one, the one which went from black to lion and back to black again
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm sure it will completely ruin my enjoyment of Skyfall?

Lets be honest all studios update their logo's from time to time, I wouldn't say it's been subverted that much, it's just a little tweak, I like it and think it will look great at start of Skyfall, it would be nice like Fox have done with some of their films and had the famous logo become part of the opening credits of their films, to make the logo dissolve into to the gun barrel, a nice new touch for the new era of MGM.
    United Artists have fairly recently updated their logo too.
  • To hell with the MGM logo! I want United Artists back!!!

I always love watching a classic Bond 1962/1989 flick on DVD and having the UA logo appearing just before the Gun Barrel,
    RyanKint wrote:
    To hell with the MGM logo! I want United Artists back!!!

I always love watching a classic Bond 1962/1989 flick on DVD and having the UA logo appearing just before the Gun Barrel,

I always liked the one in the mid 90s. Whenever I'd see it before another film started I'd half expect GE to come on.
  • BAIN123 wrote:
    RyanKint wrote:

I always liked the one in the mid 90s. Whenever I'd see it before another film started I'd half expect GE to come on.

LOL the same with me!!! Good times
    Looks good. Creative and elegant but subtle. Doesn't compromise the original.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    I like it, it's cool.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Looks good :)
  • i approve
  • nick_007nick_007 Ville Marie
    I think it's cool, refreshing, and it doesn't take away any of the traditional parts of the logo.

In any case even if it was terrible I don't think I would care too much.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Get rid of the lion and bring in Blofeld's cat wearing a gold collar for the gold anniversary.

I'm joking, by the way.
    I like this new take on the logo! :-bd
  • edited September 2012 Posts: 2,595
    BAIN123 wrote:
    RyanKint wrote:

Yeah, same here. Well, that's the new UE logo that came out around the time of GE, well, 94 it says on You Tube (I think I first remember seeing it in the cinema before 'Rob Roy' and I remember thinking how good it sounded. Parodi Fair composed it I believe, the same people who were responsible for the music in the GE trailer):

I love the original too from the 60's that you used to see before the Connery and Moore Bond films on the old VHS Bond tapes I rented from the video store back in the early to mid 90's:

I've always liked the MGM logo but I miss the days when we used yo have the UA logo before a Bond film.