Rest In Peace, show your respects to those who have passed away.

Comments

R.I.P. Tim Piggott Smith been around for along time in Brittish TV, very sad
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    RIP Tim Pigot_Smith. A very versatile and talented actor. Made a good foreign secretary in QOS. Very reliable. His services to acting will be missed.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    RIP. Just saw Remains of the Day last week. Great actor.
    RIP Tim Piggot Smith.

Only a small part in QOS but he sure had presence in that exchange with Judi Dench. Will be sadly missed but has a great body of work to be remembered for.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    Michael Ballhaus, cinematographer for many great movies by Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Hans-W. Geissendörfer, Wolfgang Petersen, Martin Scorsese, Mike Nichols, Frank Oz and others, died today.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2017 Posts: 40,470
    RIP, Mr. Ballhaus. He and Fassbinder made a great pairing, absolutely loved his work in 'World on a Wire'.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A genius. Bram Stoker s Dracula was his masterpiece, but good job also on The Departed and Goodfellas.
    RIP Charlie Murphy :(
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,690
    Emma Morano has passed away today at age 117. She was the current oldest living person in the world, and was the last living person born in the 1800's.
    Few people experience three centuries. Respect.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Few people experience three centuries. Respect.

Indeed. Quite a life that lady had.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    My favorite character in all of James Bond J W Pepper: Clifton james has passed away. In my opinion his performance in the two bond films are hilarious and are among the better things in those films.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    RIP Sheriff.
    My favorite character in all of James Bond J W Pepper: Clifton james has passed away. In my opinion his performance in the two bond films are hilarious and are among the better things in those films.

Aww, sad news. I liked Clifton James and can always see the funny side of Sheriff J.W. Pepper.
    Pepper was fine in LALD. Annoying as hell in MWTGG.

Clifton himself played it well both times though.
    RIP Clifton James. Loved his performance in LALD. Love or hate his Bond character, there's no denying it was a memorable one.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    He was one of the most memorable characters in the entire series (for better or worse, depending on your point of view) and with all of the fine actors to appear in these films over the years, that's really saying something. R.I.P. Jay Dubya.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Gutted, totally.

I know he reached a fine age, 96.
    But this is making me very sad. Watching LALD and TMWTGG will never be the same. A bittersweet affair for some time to come.

RIP dear Clifton James.

I have laughed and enjoyed your performances in the Bond films so much. Truly unforgettable.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Clifton James is dead.

Long live Sheriff J.W. Pepper and all his other roles.

Decorated World War II veteran in the South Pacific. Another famous role in COOL HAND LUKE. Can't forget him in character for SUPERMAN II. A first class guy, and long lived at 96.

I feel an homage coming.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    RIP Clifton James, May you rest in peace, boooy.
  • RIP Clifton James.

His appearance in Live and Let Die brought out some of the film's best comedy. An immortal part of the Bond legacy. Your contribution will be cherished for years upon years.
    Never cared for the Pepper character, but it was awesome that he showed up in Superman II.

"Goddamn hippies."
    Never cared for the Pepper character, but it was awesome that he showed up in Superman II.

"Goddamn hippies."

What was his character like there?
    Dragonpol wrote: »

"Goddamn hippies."

RIP Clifton. He played a fun bond character.
    Dragonpol wrote: »

"Goddamn hippies."

I've seen bits of that years ago. Kind of a similar character.
    That s Pepper.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Jay Dubya Pepper was my favorite character in the entire franchise, and appeared in my #1 Bond film - TMWTGG. RIP Clifton James.
    That s Pepper.

Yes, pretty much.