Judi Dench reveales filming start date?

edited March 2011 in Skyfall Posts: 4,619
“<b>I am going to do the next Bond in November.</b> I don’t know the location yet but hopefully it will be somewhere nice. I can’t tell you much more but I do enjoy ­playing M as she is such a strong character.”

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/236984/Judi-Dench-lets-slip-top-secret-date-of-the-next-James-BondJudi-Dench-lets-slip-top-secret-date-of-the-next-James-Bond#ixzz1HlwcAktK

It was revealed that Fiennes would start filming in December, now we know that Dench will start filming in November. The question is: when does filming really begin? Is it November or perhaps a bit earlier? (I mean both Dench and Fiennes could have just minor roles, so they do not necessarily join the cast&crew at the very beginning of principal photography.)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Another great find @PanchitoPistoles! B-)

Well, we've heard in the past that Mendes would start Bond as soon as he finishes Richard III (which runs from June - September) and Kevin Spacey has also said as much and said following could be begin then.

September I still think could indeed be the start of principal photography which would end in February the next year. Eight or nine months post production can't hurt either.

All this means, the big news and announcements should be arriving soon.

As for Dench's location, I hope Pinewood Studios in London! No more globetrotting M!
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2011 Posts: 15,686
    I can't wait to know the filming schedule. The shorter filming will last (3.5/4 months, I'm hoping), the better.
    Filming always takes six months. Why would it be any shorter?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited March 2011 Posts: 15,686
    It would, and should be shorter if the plot didn't need to take place 6 different countries like recent outings. I'm confident if they manage to do the film in 1 major location, + London and a PTS location, the filming duration could be cut drasticly. It would also be 2 birds, one stone : Less locations = Less chances of Judi Dench globetrotting in the process. You have to understand filming lasts 6 months since moving to so many locations takes time. I'm pretty sure a 3-hours outing filmed in the same amount of locations as TB or YOLT could be made in half the time of CR's and QOS's filming.
    I'd tend to agree with you excepet as every Bond film from the Moore era onwards has taken six months I can't see that changing. Now of course would be the perfect time to do so though, maybe it will be a tad shorter...
    Globe Trotting M could work just fit it into the story (TWADDLEINE).Any way NINE months post production is a bit obsessive for a film with little CGI so could they also be prepping 24 in that time?
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    Wait... are we sure she didn't mean November 2012, as in the actual release date of the film?
    @Bond it could but not often for actors to reference the release date then the Start of filming before they have.
    Quoting Virage:
    Globe Trotting M could work just fit it into the story
    (TWADDLEINE).Any way NINE months post production is a bit obsessive for a film
    with little CGI so could they also be prepping 24 in that time?
    As Bond 23 ends production an announcement for Bond 24 is normally released along with it's release date. Starting this early should mean a 2014 release for the film after.
    @Samuel001 - The thought of prinicipal photography in September is very exciting, as is the announcement of major players in cast and crew.

And definitely no more globetrotting for M. If she needs to see Bond abroad, then set up a videolink. Other than that, keep her behind a desk. It worked in GoldenEye. (The last time she stayed there.)
    Well sooner I hope with the Bond girls,Allies,Villians & hopefully Q & Miss moneypenny coming back. A annouced soon.