DC Comics Cinematic Universe (2013 - present)

Comments

• Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    @Seven_Point_Six_Five, I keep getting more and more pumped about this. The Flash suit looks pretty cool, blurry those this peek is. It's also nice to see that Aquaman will be getting his own battle armor. I wonder is that all black suit in the very front is a work-in-progress Green Lantern suit. You can see that an upside down triangles dives down the chest like you see on most GL suits. Thoughts on this?

The Flash's suit looks promising. I just hope it isn't too armored or unconventional looking.

As far as the black suit goes, my first thought was Black Manta because he is often just a muscular black figure, but I suppose it could be an unfinished Green Lantern or even Nightwing suit. Though if it is a Green Lantern suit and the V shape down the chest is an indication of where the suit may be green, then the suit may actually be intended for John Stewart. That's typically the style of his suit
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I hope we finally get a live action John Stewart. It'd be a dream come true, even if Idris Elba won't be in the role.
    J.K. Simmons Cast as Commissioner Gordon in Justice League

simmons-173068.jpg

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/07/j-k-simmons-cast-as-commissioner-gordon-in-justice-league/
    This is certainly unexpected but I'm all for t!
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

The man simply cannot stay away from iconic mustaches.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good actor, I can see it working.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Whiplash should have won the Oscar last year instead of that other "movie"
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, this is a big win for the DCCU! I can definitely see this working very nicely. I can also Simmons being a downright terrifying Gordon.

The man simply cannot stay away from iconic mustaches.

Great choice i reckon!

Confirmation on casting and first image of The Killing Joke.
    New image of Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli), Diana (Gal Gadot), Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), and General Antiope (Robin Wright)

8461545-menalippe-diana-hippolyta-antiope.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24/wonder-woman-first-look-gal-gadot-robin-wright-connie-nielsen
    New image of Menalippe (Lisa Loven Kongsli), Diana (Gal Gadot), Queen Hippolyta (Connie Nielsen), and General Antiope (Robin Wright)

8461545-menalippe-diana-hippolyta-antiope.jpg

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/03/24/wonder-woman-first-look-gal-gadot-robin-wright-connie-nielsen

:x @-) Nuff said!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Is it just me or does Gal resemble Angelina Jolie (the 90's version) quite a lot in that picture? Damn, now i want her in the Tomb Raider reboot :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    That just maybe Daisy Ridley's gig.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    That just maybe Daisy Ridley's gig.

hm, i can't see it right now. But i only saw Ridley in one movie obviously.
    I think Camilla Luddington would be the perfect choice and she did such an incredible job with the games, it would be a shame not to give the role to her.

On a serious note though, I really do hope that Gal can be the next Bond girl. After seeing BvS and the scenes between her and Bondfleck, she's in my top 3 right now.
    And her accent makes me all warm and fuzzy inside :D
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Luddington would be great but Ridley's actually had talks with the film makers at MGM about the TR reboot.

As for Gal Gadot she's definitely stunning much like many Israeli models.

@Risico007

you beat me to open up a thread about the Justice League :))

so I bump this up, it's high time we start to discuss:

Justice League Part I 2017

maybe you can adjust the title of the thread as well?
    Yeah I forgot in a post dark knight rises world this was supposed to be the first film to introduce us to the new batman I remeber being totally annoyed because at the time both big batman news sites weren't even talking about this at all... Well now we have seen the new batman and Affleck is fantastic if he is in more then 1 or 2 scenes for sucide squad I will be super happy...

I am looking forward to justice league and the solo batman film.
    Is The Martian not in the movie??
    Unfortunately it looks like we won't be getting Martian Manhunter. I think they basically replaced him with Cyborg in the new 52 and now in the upcoming slate of films.

A shame too, because he's always been one of my favorites, with one of the deepest and most tragic origins. My favorite is that he's from a planet that got conquered by another alien species for thousands of years, then one year, Manhunter and others like him choose to fight back. They storm the place where the leadership is nested and fight admirably, but Manhunter remains the last of his kind when all is said and done.

I know that some tellings of his origins also have his as scientifically minded and, in an effort to wipe out the species controlling his people, he engineers a virus that accidentally affects his own wife and child, who die because of him.

He's such a tragic character, and they could've done so much with him. It just doesn't feel like the JLA without J'onn J'onzz around. Dream casting for me would have been Benedict Cumberbatch. He's got a voice that is booming but also coldly robotic, forlorn and distant all at once. That's J'onn to me.
    Unfortunately it looks like we won't be getting Martian Manhunter. I think they basically replaced him with Cyborg in the new 52 and now in the upcoming slate of films.

A shame too, because he's always been one of my favorites, with one of the deepest and most tragic origins. My favorite is that he's from a planet that got conquered by another alien species for thousands of years, then one year, Manhunter and others like him choose to fight back. They storm the place where the leadership is nested and fight admirably, but Manhunter remains the last of his kind when all is said and done.

I know that some tellings of his origins also have his as scientifically minded and, in an effort to wipe out the species controlling his people, he engineers a virus that accidentally affects his own wife and child, who die because of him.

He's such a tragic character, and they could've done so much with him. It just doesn't feel like the JLA without J'onn J'onzz around. Dream casting for me would have been Benedict Cumberbatch. He's got a voice that is booming but also coldly robotic, forlorn and distant all at once. That's J'onn to me.

=D>

He is my favourite of the bunch together with Wonder Woman and The Flash. The Flash might be my absolute favourite even. At least he will be in the movie.

Honestly I don't know how JL will work without Martian Manhunter, for me at least.
    I get that it may have been a cost expenditure decision. To do him right would probably cost a ton CGI wise.

I never thought about who would voice him. Cumberbatch would be marvelous!
    But he will be Dr Strange now.
    But he will be Dr Strange now.

That's Strange :-?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,257
    So I'm hearing that we are going to get some Suicide Squad footage at the MTV Movie Awards tomorrow night.

Also, according to Umberto Gonzalez (whose early report on trailer 2 was spot on), a new SS trailer is rumored to be released soon, possibly attached to Civil War. Apparently the new trailer will be set to "Ballroom Blitz".
    I've also heard Batman may be in SS way longer than some thought. I hope this is true, because I want the character to be developed more than we got in BvS. I want to understand why he is like he is in that movie, through concrete scenes and dialogues. And since Joker is likely the main cause of why he's so violent, hopefully that will be explained in greater depth beyond the shot of Bruce looking at Jason's costume when he and the jester meet again.
    I agree, there's some good potential with this film to better flesh out Batman (unless of course the BvS Ultimate Cut does that). Hopefully he doesn't take up too much screen time though. These DCEU films aren't always going to be able to rely on Batman to carry them.

Perhaps he'll have a role like he did in Assault on Arkham where he pops up sporadically. I defintiely would love to see him and Waller interact.
    I agree, there's some good potential with this film to better flesh out Batman (unless of course the BvS Ultimate Cut does that). Hopefully he doesn't take up too much screen time though. These DCEU films aren't always going to be able to rely on Batman to carry them.

Perhaps he'll have a role like he did in Assault on Arkham where he pops up sporadically. I defintiely would love to see him and Waller interact.

Same. It'd be perfect: he's working to collect a group of heroes, and she's doing the same with villains. They could have some interesting conflicts just based on this alone.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,808
    Done already :

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2Nc1i9WQtMwqEk1ipTBTUGMbzal3WyeVeXEEkqfp0qWcMf4_I87DUB3U

ssbatman.jpg
    Suicide Squad Trailer 2 Premieres Tonight at MTV Movie Awards
    The evening also included exclusive sneak peeks at highly anticipated films Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Captain America: Civil War and the world premiere of the Blitz Trailer for Suicide Squad.

http://www.etonline.com/news/186413_2016_mtv_movie_awards_complete_list_of_winners/