Does anyone you know hates 007?

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited July 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
Since the day i've born i've never seen anyone that really HATES 007 in point of turning TV off when the movie is being shown at. Neither seeing any bad reviews or comments of people out there saying "there is no point on 007. i hate those movies" neither on Youtube '007 is the most useless thing ever created'.
Maybe all the world, or at least 97%, likes 007 movies. 10% has never seen any movies, and the other 3 may not like it.
I come here with the question for you guys, you know anyone that hates 007 at That point or gets close?

Comments

Shytt. I know alot of folks who hate 007. I have family members who are not too fond of him or his films. I have ex girl friends who could do without James Bond.
    I've been questioned before about my enthusiasm for Bond, i.e. from a viewpoint from some other who has no interest in the series or sees it as trivial etc, that's their opinion and they can have it, didn't get into any altercation because of it. It's like, they may enjoy something else, that I can't stand or fail to recognize, it's merely one fan area for each individual. I feel even, If people don't like Bond, then push off maybe and just let the people who do appreciate what the franchise has given us, to go about our business they way we want and keep to your own interests
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited July 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Actually the point of this thread is not to make someone that hates Bond, to become a fan. This is just to tell if you know someone that hates our favorite secret agent.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 40,372
    My granddad is a huge fan of the films, and I want to say he's seen almost all of them in theaters, which I'm quite jealous of. He doesn't keep up with them these days, though, so I have to keep him informed.

Anyway, it's my grandmother who seems to be on the opposite end of James Bond: she doesn't care for them. Daniel Craig is 'attractive,' but she doesn't like 'gory, explosion' movies, and that's that. No getting through to that woman. No matter, I've never cared for her, anyway.
  • According to someone who posts here, a lot of us on this forum "hate Bond" and are only here because we want to become lovers with Daniel Craig!

On a serious note I don't think that I've ever met anyone who really hates the character or the franchise. There are two situations that came close. I used to work part-time as an actor many years ago and a lot of people in that world - more in theatre than the film and TV people that I knew - had no interest in watching a Bond film. They were more dismissive than anything - I remember around the time that TND came out one guy in particular saying "Why would I go see that? Do you really think that I've never seen a car chase before?". But there's also a mindset that many people in that world have which is that if something is popular then you must hate it to show that your tastes are superior to the "masses" (hipsters get called out on this too). Another guy, who had low self-esteem, was at least open that he hated Brosnan/Bond, saying "Why would I want to watch a guy who's better looking than me, gets to sleep with better looking girls than me, can get any girl he wants, gets to wear expensive clothes and drive top of the line sports cars? Like I don't feel bad enough about my life already!".

The other situation has to do with a co-worker of mine and his girlfriend. He was going on and on (and on and on..!)about Bond and his girlfriend was looking rather embarrassed. I can't remember how it came up, but I mentioned that someone had once dismissed the Bond films as "wet dreams for 14 year old boys". Well, she lit up and got totally engaged in the conversation! Turns out that she was sick of this guy seemingly being more interested in Bond than her! She was always trying to convince him that if he idolized Bond so much then maybe he should try to be more like him - dress better, act more confident, be more flirty and sexual. In other words, instead of living vicariously through him living more *like* him! He didn't, and she dumped him shortly thereafter...
  • Never met anyone that hated the series. What I have found are that many people think the films are one dimensional - sex & violence without a plot. And this comes from people who make the assumption without actually viewing a good portion of the series.
    I hear people all the time say, "oh its just that stupid 007 shit" or "another one of them James Bond movies" or flat out, "I don't even know why people make them"

You have to remember there are people who believe in some very odd stuff in the world,(to say in the least) so I wouldn't worry about those few people.
    There's probably somewhere on the Interweb, a designated page for people who appreciate sausages, or sewer rats or Oprah Winfrey even, but we don't go over to them and berate them about their area of interest. Each to their own and all that. I remember when Octopussy came out in 1983, and people who had no interest were talking to me at the time about it, and it became a hive of discussion for a time, merely because of the title. Yes, they were aware of James Bond, but interest suddenly came to the fore a little more prominently that year I remember
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    edited July 2012 Posts: 16,328
    Kevin McClory.
    Who hates James Bond?

what about Dr Kananga the second before he hits the roof and explodes? or,
    Scaramanga, the very moment Bond shoots him through the heart, or after Necros falls from the Cargo plane, or Sanchez, the second he is turned into a human torch, or how about Drax after he is shot by Bond with a cyanide dart and ejected into space?

Well, it is hard to argue.. I was maybe looking at things from a different angle..
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Moved to Bond Movies because our general discussion section is reserved for non-Bond discussions exclusively.
    Murdock wrote:
    Kevin McClory.

100 % agreed! (and occasionally I have felt Connery would be in this boat too...)
    My wife.
    Same reason I hate shopping.
    Costs a fortune :)
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I hav met one, my previous classmate. He just described " Bond is a gay-ish man who relies on his laserwatch and cars, he isn't anything like a male either. And the movies is worthless and everybody who likes it has issues " . That was what he said about it..
    MrBond wrote:
    I hav met one, my previous classmate. He just described " Bond is a gay-ish man who relies on his laserwatch and cars, he isn't anything like a male either. And the movies is worthless and everybody who likes it has issues " . That was what he said about it..
    James Bond is 'gay-ish'? Well, to be fair I sort of see where he's coming from- I mean Bond does have lots of sex with guys in those movies 8-|

Nobody I know hates Bond (I'd be at war with them, lol). But a bunch of my friends 'tolerate' my love for the series though

• oo7oo7
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Moved to Bond Movies because our general discussion section is reserved for non-Bond discussions exclusively.
    Murdock wrote:
    Kevin McClory.

100 % agreed! (and occasionally I have felt Connery would be in this boat too...)

I really cant agree with this. I think the man was doing the right thing in protecting his rights in work he had legitimately worked on much like michael frances goldeneye script getting pulled out from under him.
    I would have enjoyed a duelling bond scenario at the cinema.

who hates bond
    OH5.jpg
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    I personally have never had any friends who didn't at least like Bond to some degree.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    My niece is into twilight at the moment and when I try and tell her the arrival of skyfall is more exciting than breaking dawn part II ,she looks at me in a way only a 12 year old Liverpudlian schoolgirl can.
    God it makes me shudder. :-))
  • MartinBondMartinBond Trying not to muck it up again
    My ex-girlfriend thought it was a bit childish and wanted me to get rid of all things bond in my bedroom. Don't have to tell you how that worked out... ;)
  • oo7 wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Murdock wrote:
    Kevin McClory.

I really cant agree with this. I think the man was doing the right thing in protecting his rights in work he had legitimately worked on much like michael frances goldeneye script getting pulled out from under him.
    I would have enjoyed a duelling bond scenario at the cinema.

who hates bond
    OH5.jpg

Disagree with these statements. McGlory got his fair and legal settlement and like all greedy people, he kept looking for more. Supposedly NSNA was the way he wanted Thunderball to be done, but even that wasn't good enough. He wanted to do it again with "Warhead 2000" and wanted another ex-Bond in Dalton to do it. Everything he did was designed to buck and hurt EON. If anybody hated Bond, it would be McGlory.

I've met people who didn't care for Bond or spy genre movies in general, but never anyone who hated the series with a passion. Besides, I would have not associated with a person like that anyway. Male, that is ;)
    When they are located? Send them back in the diplomatic bag! ;)
  • SAMSAM
    I believe we know someone who is completely opposed to 007 :

Matt Damon
    ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    My mom doesn't exactly turn the TV off when Bond appears on the screen, but she does always change the channel. Strangely enough, she enjoyed watching me play From Russia With Love's video game. My dad can't stand Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan or Craig, and always changes the channel when their films come up. He, however, praises Moore as if he's one step short of God.
    SAM wrote:
    I believe we know someone who is completely opposed to 007 :

Matt Damon
    ;)

You pronounced it wrong, it's Maaatttt Daammonn :P

Like this.

• quantumofsolacequantumofsolace England
    My kid sister has always hated Bond. I kinda get the feeling that it's actually a reaction to me endlessly watching the films on video when we were growing up.
  • St_GeorgeSt_George Shuttling Drax's lovelies to the space doughnut - happy 40th, MR!
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,699
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    Does anyone you know hates 007?

My ex-girlfriend.

It wasn't the only reason she became my ex-girlfriend, but, you know... ;)
    I hate to do this, but I'm almost OCD when it comes to grammar.

"Does anyone you know hate 007?"
    or, "Do you know anyone who hates 007?"

Not, "Does anyone you know hates 007?"

I cringe every time I read the thread title.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die

Sorry. I'm not english, i'm from Brazil. And my english isn't so good yet.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Sorry. I'm not english, i'm from Brazil. And my english isn't so good yet.

[Just Joking Mode] And he's Canadian. He doesn't know English as well as he thinks he does. :D [Just Joking Mode]
    He's obviously not Canadian, he doesn't type "eh" at the end of his posts :D
    He's obviously not Canadian, he doesn't type "eh" at the end of his posts :D

That's how you know he is. :D