"You don't look at all like I expected"-What's the story behind your profile picture and user name?

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Tell me, where were you July 18, 2007 at 4:02PM?

Near Camp Crystal Lake with @MajorDSmythe, chasing scantily clothed girls with machetes and hockey masks. SO, I have a perfectly clean alibi.

AHA! Not so clean is your alibi, my friend Jason was at Camp Crystal Lake on July 18, 2007 at 4:02PM. There were only fat prostitutes there, attempting to get out of the business. So, where were you really?
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Bad things seem to always happen at 4:02 PM...
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,882
    DarthDimi wrote:

Near Camp Crystal Lake with @MajorDSmythe, chasing scantily clothed girls with machetes and hockey masks. SO, I have a perfectly clean alibi.

AHA! Not so clean is your alibi, my friend Jason was at Camp Crystal Lake on July 18, 2007 at 4:02PM. There were only fat prostitutes there, attempting to get out of the business. So, where were you really?

I can vouch for Dimi, he's a good man with a good Machete aim.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Mine is me and my daughter.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited July 2012 Posts: 1,347
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yeah I was supposed to join Dimi and Major, but something got in the way. His alibi is clean.

@Brady: Sarcasm, it was \:D/
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    DarthDimi wrote:

Yeah I was supposed to join Dimi and Major, but something got in the way. His alibi is clean.

@Brady: Sarcasm, it was \:D/

Oh, wait a minute, I just spoke with Jason (it's one of his many days off), and now I remember, he was busy on Elm Street that day. Alright, Dimi, you've won this round. But I've still got a large number of Dimitri's I pushed off of roofs at 4:02PM who threatened to enslave me... Perhaps your time is drawing near.

Emperor_jar_jar.jpg
  • imranbecksimranbecks Singapore
    Its me in the Daniel Craig Bahamas look :-)
    There is no story behind my profile pic. That's exactly what I look like.

Just curious, why don't you have a profile pic?
    JBFan626 wrote:
    There is no story behind my profile pic. That's exactly what I look like.

Just curious, why don't you have a profile pic?

I haven't found anything that I feel is worthy of a profile pic yet.
    Ah, I see. You will remain a man of mystery then... :)
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    No mystery behind my username. My name is Sandra but some people call me Sandy so I chose it as my username!
  • Pic and name are from a character from Blackadder. When I was younger I had quite an over-the-top sense of humour that was similar to Flashie.

The avatar always changes, but not the man behind it. It's Eva Green this time around. Saw Tim Burton's 'Dark Shadows' and found her lovely as this blonde bombshell.

The name... I just thought it would sound Bond-like, seeing how much people in Bond movies get disposed by sharks. Or it's Bond dangling in a hook to be fed to sharks. I soon after found out there's also a comic strip collection called ' Shark Bait'.

Anyway... that's the story.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Pic and name are from a character from Blackadder. When I was younger I had quite an over-the-top sense of humour that was similar to Flashie.

Ah, My Lord Flashheart - absolutely my favourite character from Blackadder, always makes me laugh - second fav is Capt Redbeard Rum, classic.
    my user name came from one of my fav villian in the series, I also named one of my pets after him and the 2, because when we had to rejoin I upgraded from 1 to 2
    Okay, I bit the bullet and finally decided to find a profile pic I felt worthy.

But first, I'll explain my name.

Agent007391 was not my first choice. First, I wanted to be Agent007.2, but apparently decimal points aren't allowed, so after careful consideration of a few other options, I eventually settled on Agent007391.

Other options were:

Agent0010
    Agent01938
    AgentThatGuy (I now reconsider this...)
    AgentF*ckMe (Dropped instantly due to swear words, and it was just a joke, anyway)
    TomorrowNeverSleeps (No idea where that came from)
    A series of random numbers that I don't remember anymore

And now, my profile pic. I'm a Doom fanboy, and about a year ago, I started a fanfiction that combined the worlds of Doom 3 and Red Faction (another FPS that takes place on Mars). I created cover art for it, taking a character render and erasing the background, and I decided to use the Doom 3 marine for my profile pic.
  • Well I was pretty pleased with my Cartman one, but I don't like having the same one for too long, so time for a change.

My new pic is the Leprechaun from the horror film Leprechaun, one of my favourites. I chose it because I found out Hollywood is making a reboot/remake (just like everything else), and Warrick Davies (who played the Leprechaun in all the other films) isn't in it.

He IS the Leprechaun, even in the terrible sequels he's great, so I chose this pic to show my support for the original film and the original Leprechaun.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    You have got to be joking. Hollywood needs to go back to the doctor for a checkup. It has a bad case of originality deficiency.
  • You have got to be joking. Hollywood needs to go back to the doctor for a checkup. It has a bad case of originality deficiency.

Belive me, I wish I was joking. Wanna hear something worse? WWE (yep, the wrestling) are making it.
    You have got to be joking. Hollywood needs to go back to the doctor for a checkup. It has a bad case of originality deficiency.

Belive me, I wish I was joking. Wanna hear something worse? WWE (yep, the wrestling) are making it.

What damn wrestler could they use that even looks like a leprechaun?! Duh... #-o
    That Seamus dude.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    The story of My username, begins in an Old game.

The game was called 4x4 Evolution, it was an offroad game, from 2000. i still have it, but it doesn't runs on Windows 7 for Hardware updates reasons.
    It was 2008's last days. My nick back then was Hot Wheels. I thought... 'Holy hell, this is childish. I think i'm going to change it to Sonic, seems more actual and... mature.' as I thought. You guys may not think that, however i think Sonic's more mature than HW.
    Oh well. I inserted an X at the nick's end, becoming SonicX. Then, in 2009 already, i started a Team in the game, called X3M (it stands for Xtreme or Xthreeme. X = ex, 3 = Three, M = em'. so, it is readed as Xthreeme.). My name turned to be X3M>SonicX. Then i thought, 'Well, i think someone needs to know that i'm the owner and president of this team, so i inserted a P at the end of the nick, standing as President. Then, i remembered that Youtube exists. In July 29, i started my Youtube channel, called X3MSonicXP. I completely abandoned it for almost 1 year, since 2010 i remembered i had an YT, then i posted a Driver: San Francisco video.
    Then, i started some activity.
    After some time, i wondered "why did i put the 'P' in the end? i need to find a word that fits on that thing." Because, it wasn't making sense of the P from the President, no one knew that i played 4x4Evo and started a Team. So, i thought a Lot to have some cause on that single letter.
    It came to my mind in 2010's ending. 'Productions'. It fitted perfectly.
    ---
    After some while making videos, i've remembered the mi6.co.uk site, and it has a forum. I registered as X3MSonicX, but didn't made some activity for a short while. But i started posting last year, So... Here i am today, part of this great community ;)
    That was... a surprisingly complex way of getting to a username. I honestly just figured you were a fan of the blue hedgehog, and I've seen plenty of PS3/360 names that begin and end with X. I had absolutely no idea where I thought the 3M came from, but I figured there was a reason.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    Although the origins of my username are shrouded in mystery...

When I do change my avatar, it'll more than likely involve something we find in Q's lab. I'm a big fan of the gadgets- specifically the wrist watches.
    QBranch wrote:

Was your name taken from - correct me if I'm wrong, please - the branch of SIS that makes Bond's gadgets?
  • X3MSonicX wrote:
    The story of My username, begins in an Old game.

The game was called 4x4 Evolution, it was an offroad game, from 2000. i still have it, but it doesn't runs on Windows 7 for Hardware updates reasons.
    It was 2008's last days. My nick back then was Hot Wheels. I thought... 'Holy hell, this is childish. I think i'm going to change it to Sonic, seems more actual and... mature.' as I thought. You guys may not think that, however i think Sonic's more mature than HW.
    Oh well. I inserted an X at the nick's end, becoming SonicX. Then, in 2009 already, i started a Team in the game, called X3M (it stands for Xtreme or Xthreeme. X = ex, 3 = Three, M = em'. so, it is readed as Xthreeme.). My name turned to be X3M>SonicX. Then i thought, 'Well, i think someone needs to know that i'm the owner and president of this team, so i inserted a P at the end of the nick, standing as President. Then, i remembered that Youtube exists. In July 29, i started my Youtube channel, called X3MSonicXP. I completely abandoned it for almost 1 year, since 2010 i remembered i had an YT, then i posted a Driver: San Francisco video.
    Then, i started some activity.
    After some time, i wondered "why did i put the 'P' in the end? i need to find a word that fits on that thing." Because, it wasn't making sense of the P from the President, no one knew that i played 4x4Evo and started a Team. So, i thought a Lot to have some cause on that single letter.
    It came to my mind in 2010's ending. 'Productions'. It fitted perfectly.
    ---
    After some while making videos, i've remembered the mi6.co.uk site, and it has a forum. I registered as X3MSonicX, but didn't made some activity for a short while. But i started posting last year, So... Here i am today, part of this great community ;)

That is the most awesomely complex backstory for a username ever :)
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited September 2012 Posts: 13,879
    QBranch wrote:
    Was your name taken from - correct me if I'm wrong, please - the branch of SIS that makes Bond's gadgets?
    I know that was a wild guess- but you are correct! =D>
    QBranch wrote:
    QBranch wrote:
    I know that was a wild guess- but you are correct! =D>

Oh, thank God... I was sweating in nervous anxiety.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    xD thanks guys, and every single thing from it were real.

@Agent007391 yes, i'm a fan of Sonic - not as i am a fan of Bond :) - his games are great.
    Yeah the X3M became so much of a creativity of mine, i thought 'Xtreme' and the 'X3M' became randomly on my Mind. Just as 'Sonicxthreeme' which is the name of the site of my team, together with some personal things.

@thelivingroyale hehe, thanks. Yeah i guess that until now it is the most complex on this thread.
  • I got bored of the leprechaun one pretty quickly :P

My new pic is meeeeeee. I wanted to use a pic of me and Timothy Dalton at the Hot Fuzz premiere but my computer hates me and won't let me upload pics onto it :(