James Bond is going to Comic-Con 2012

gt007gt007 Station G
edited July 2012 in News Posts: 1,182
In celebration of the 50th Anniversary of James Bond, MGM will be bringing Bond to the fans at this year's San Diego Comic-Con, according to Variety.

The booth will be promoting the 50th Anniversary Blu-ray set of all 22 James Bond films and will feature several props and a different car from the series each day. So if you're a Bond fan at Comic-Con, then this is a booth you're going to want to visit more than once.

The vehicles include the flying Parahawk from "The World Is Not Enough" and the gadget-filled Aston Martin Volante from "The Living Daylights." MGM and Fox are keeping the other cars a surprise for fans. The mine bomb from "GoldenEye," a first-edition hardback book of "Dr. No.," an ax from "A View to a Kill," a Bollinger champagne bottle from "License to Kill," a nerve gas vial from "Moonraker" and a fillet of soul menu from "Live and Let Die" will be among the props displayed.

With two of the four cars confirmed, we can only hope that the other two will be fan favorites over those already announced.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/171429-comic-con-james-bond-is-coming-to-comic-con

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Very interesting. Isn't it too late now to book tickets?
  • DarthDimi wrote:
    Very interesting. Isn't it too late now to book tickets?

Booked out since last year I think...tickets can maybe bought Ebay etc etc

Yeah but at what prices? ;-) I don't think I'd be prepared to put down a figure with two zeros in dollars even for CC.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @DarthDimi if you put on your fantastic Chewbacca costume, they'll definatly let you in for free ;)
    If I have to get dressed as anything, it'd be as Freddy Krueger. And I'm darn proud of that! ;-)
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    It's great to see Bond make an appearance at the conventition for the fans. I hope someone on the forum is able to win something!
    Wonder if Daniel Craig will appear? If anyone should be going? Ask about new figures from Sideshow? VERY Disappointed there is NOTHING as far as we know?
  • I think Rachel Weisz will be there promoting some film, can't remember now.. Bourne?
    I wonder if they'll release any info on Skyfall.. perhaps the title singer?
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    I wonder if they'll release any info on Skyfall.. perhaps the title singer?

As there is no Skyfall panel, I don't think that will happen. The title song singer should be revealed soon anyway.
    What about a poster for Skyfall?
    edited July 2012 Posts: 13,350
    RogueAgent wrote:

That will be in September along with the trailer.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

That will be in September along with the trailer.

Fair enough, cheers samuel.
    Looks like we may be seeing more of Skyfall at Comic-Con! https://mobile.twitter.com/IMAX/status/222518762606301185
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    As I said on the other thread, that's great news! Hopefully the footage will be released online as well.
    gt007 wrote:
    As I said on the other thread, that's great news! Hopefully the footage will be released online as well.

Don't count on it. Although someone might record it.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    gt007 wrote:

Don't count on it. Although someone might record it.

Really? I've never followed Comic-Con closely, but I thought the clips and/or trailers shown there are released online too after a few days. No?
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    Yes, they usually release the clip just a couple of days later. And however, I don't think EoN will keep those clips on hold to September. I'm sure we will get a second trailer soon, and a third one I'm September.
    Something in a few days would be welcome. I'd like to see it appear online too. Thanks for this news, now just to wait. ;)
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Oh, if only. That would be excellent to get new footage or anything in a few days. Please let it happen.
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    I mean why shouldn't Skyfall get some good PR. The Amazing Spider Man had a lots of trailers, the same with TDKR. Bond is celebrating 50 years and a 23rd movie. We should at least get three trailers before the movie.
    Well i am guessing if we are to get something? perhaps early next week or over this weekend? Fingers crossed!
    Maybe this why we haven't seen a video blog for time?
    We did get those 2 video blogs for the Designing Bond exhibition for the Barbican, but with regards to the new film? It has been a while? Perhaps its the Producers this time seeing as they are at Comic con?
    Normally CC clips are NOT released later on and normally, nobody takes or is even abl to take snaps. High security. If it leaks, then because they want it to. Otherwise - no chance.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Germanlady wrote:
    Normally CC clips are NOT released later on and normally, nobody takes or is even abl to take snaps. High security. If it leaks, then because they want it to. Otherwise - no chance.

It doesn't make sense. I don't see how showing a trailer to 200 people helps promoting the film more than showing it to everyone.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2012 Posts: 15,690
    Germanlady wrote:

youtube is filled with Comic Con clips that were leaked a few days after they were shown there. So there *is* a big chance it will be leaked.

Almost everything related to the tv show 'Lost' that was shown at comic con were leaked on youtube a few days after.... proof that most comic con things are leaked.
    @gt007, neither do I. Why don't they traverse the bigger James Bond forums out there, pull out some of the loyal users, and let them watch? Would make much more sense to me.
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Creasy47 wrote:
    @gt007, neither do I. Why don't they traverse the bigger James Bond forums out there, pull out some of the loyal users, and let them watch? Would make much more sense to me.

That wouldn't help at all. Their goal is to promote the film, make people want to see it. By definition, Bond fans will go see it. Probably multiple times. There's no point in trying to convince someone to go see a movie, when you already know they'll see it. The promotion's target group is everyone but the Bond fans.
    @gt007, I merely say that because I just want to see the footage myself, haha.