Use Firefox? What ad-ons do you recommend?

edited March 2011 in General Discussion Posts: 295
All I have at the moment is an ad blocker and it's wonderful. Would love to hear of some other great ones.

Comments

• edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    "Modify Headers" is a great one that lets you view online content from certain countries that is blocked in your country. Doesn't work in all cases though.

By the way, do you experience the Firefox issue whereas comments you post on this site don't automatically appear; you have to refresh? They do automatically appear in both Chrome & IE.
  • Let's see.
  • LudsLuds MIA
    Short answer: Google Chrome ;)
  • My comment automatically appeared. Incidentally I had to refresh before I upgraded to 4 just recently.
  • I found Chrome too minimalist, and couldn't get comfortable using it. At least as of a year or so ago. I've been conditioned to Firefox, more or less, and it keeps getting better so I have no reason to change :D
  • LudsLuds MIA
    That's actually good to know GL, many users here have had this issue with Firefox 3.X I assume then.
  • Yeah that was something that was annoying me about this site up until that point-- good to know it was a browser issue.
  • edited March 2011 Posts: 503
    Quoting GeorgeLazenby: My comment automatically appeared. Incidentally I had to refresh before I upgraded to 4 just recently.
    How is Firefox 4? I had upgraded to the BETA version a few months back but I absolutely hated the design and changes. Should I make the jump?

By the way, I regularly use both Chrome and Firefox together. Some sites I prefer to browse on Firefox and vice versa.

IE9 is a great improvement to its predecessors but there are much things about it I don't like, appearance and design-wise.
  • I'm not expert enough to really comment meaningfully, but I don't mind it, and probably don't even really notice the major differences that much.
  • j7wildj7wild Suspended
    I use No Script (gets rid of ADs embedded in the webpages, popups, and other annoying things, it makes the page loads faster) and Imagehost Grabber
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Quoting Luds: Short answer: Google Chrome
    QFT