The TIMOTHY DALTON Appreciation thread - Discuss His Life, His Career, His Bond Films

Comments

• Dalton_FishersDalton_Fishers Barcelona
    edited January 2017 Posts: 17
    Thanks for the link @Agent_99!
    I agree that the "gorgeous" sentence is everything :D

Btw, that recent photo of Tim was taken last Tuesday by dominguezm68 in the inter terminal train in Heathrow. He posted it on instagram and twitter and I posted it on my facebook and twitter accounts (quoting the source).
    I like how Dalton is able to do that with ease (ride a public train to a London airport). If Connery, Moore, Broz or Craig tried that I bet they would be mobbed.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    The learning point here is that I need to start taking the train more often.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited January 2017 Posts: 15,690
    BAIN123 wrote: »
    I like how Dalton is able to do that with ease (ride a public train to a London airport). If Connery, Moore, Broz or Craig tried that I bet they would be mobbed.

If I was on any kind of moving vehicle with Brosnan, I would get the hell out of there. Judging from his Bond films, it would mean the damn thing can blow up at any moment.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Anyone familiar with Permission to Kill?

I really loved it, but it seems to be really difficult to find. Does anyone of you Daltonites have an idea if this was released on DVD/Blu-Ray?

http://1125996089.rsc.cdn77.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/permission01.jpg

Thanks!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    I had never heard of this film. Dirk Bogarde as well! Shows 'not available' on Amazon.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 13,894
    I saw it once (possibly on tv, or possibly taped onto a VHS tape) a number of years ago, I have only vague memories of it. I do remember Dirk being quite a ruthless agent (doesn't he blackmail Tim's character?) As far as I am aware, Permission To Kill hasn't been released on any formtat, VHS, DVD, BR, nothing.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Interesting. Looked it up and Timothy looks so young. I'm glad they waited till '87 to cast him.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited February 2017 Posts: 10,588
    Wrong thread. Delete.
    I saw it once (possibly on tv, or possibly taped onto a VHS tape) a number of years ago, I have only vague memories of it. I do remember Dirk being quite a ruthless agent (doesn't he blackmail Tim's character?) As far as I am aware, Permission To Kill hasn't been released on any formtat, VHS, DVD, BR, nothing.

He blackmails quite a few characters. It's an interesting spy film and Tim is great in it.
    Dirk Bogarde is one of our greatest actors and stars.

He bravely ditched his family-friendly matinee idol persona of the 50s for some real cutting edge roles in the 60s and 70s.

So you would think that, combined with a James Bond actor in support would somehow spark enough interest to get this released.
  • edited February 2017 Posts: 11,189
    I've not really seen Dirk Bogarde in anything other than a cracking interview he did with Barry Norman in the early 90s:

This clip by the way looks great.
    Dirk was a legend
  • Dalton_FishersDalton_Fishers Barcelona
    Hi @GoldenGun,
    "Permission to Kill" was only released on vhs and there exist very few (and expensive) copies. I found the movie, in a very bad quality, but if you are interested, check this 'note' from my facebook "Timothy Dalton Fishers"
    https://facebook.com/notes/timothy-dalton-fishers/download-rare-things/1513583522196515
    As a token of gratitude, I only ask you to like the page ;) [the same to everybody]
    Thanks a lot @Dalton_Fishers! I will give it a look, and a like, as soon as I can ;).
    Timbo turns 71 (or 73) tomorrow. Please feel free to submit your good wishes in this thread. I'm sure he is logged in to these forums ready to read the tributes ;)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMMY D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Here's something I put together (the extent of my fan art ability):

600full-my-profile.jpg

Happy birthday to my favourite Bond . <:-P
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    IMO Dalton was a great Bond.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    Happy birthday to the great Timothy Dalton!
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Happy birthday to one of the greatest Bonds ever. Timothy Dalton.

the-living-daylights.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/86/5c/28/865c28ee6366650e4d9ce72debe16ad3.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Happy Birthday, Mr Dalton! You were a terrific Bond.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 6,777
    Happy Bday Timmy! Not only my favourite Bond since I can remember but a brilliant actor in all sorts of other works!

As a matter of fact, I think this might be the right time to give that third Penny Dreadful season a go. Been waiting way to long for that.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Happy Birthday, Timothy Dalton. <:-P
    Happy birthday Tim.

No matter how many Bond films an actor makes, you only have to be Bond once to be Bond forever.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Happy birthday, mate, keep up the good work (of looking ridiculously attractive at all times)!
    Happy Birthday!
  • Artemis81Artemis81 In Christmas Land
    Happy birthday, Mr. Dalton!
    Happy Birthday to THE greatest Bond, Timothy Dalton!
    Happy birthday Mr Dalton.