Bond movies on Netflix

edited June 2012 in General Movies & TV Posts: 7
Hi, I saw that their was a post about being able to watch 007 movies on Netflix. When I search it on Netflix nothing pops up. I also stream it on the Wii if that affects anything. Has this happend to anyone also and does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks -Goldenguy

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    According to this January 26th, 2012 article, all 14 Bond films that were on Netflix Play Now have been removed:

http://www.hd-report.com/2012/01/26/james-bond-titles-vanish-from-netflix-streaming/

It was a shame, because I remember a good bit of my favorites being on there, and it was so easy to stream and watch them whenever I wanted, instead of having to fetch the disc.

The Bond films on Netflix are still available in disc format.
    They come and go on Netflix. I'm sure they will be available for streaming again sometime in the future. It's kind of like how there would be Bond marathons on tv around the holidays. Sony/MGM/EON or whoever is in charge of sharing the video rights to Netflix wants to keep the demand up. If the films were posted all the time, then there would be less demand to buy the actual DVD's and Blu-Ray. With the 50th anniversary and the new Blu-Ray set, we probably won't see Bond back up on Netflix until next year, I would guess.
    US Bond fans -

7 Bond films will be streaming on Netflix starting in May:

<url>http://thebestofnetflix.com/list-of-new-movies-on-netflix-for-may-2014/</url>;

Films:

A View to a Kill
    For Your Eyes Only
    Goldfinger
    Live and Let Die
    Never Say Never Again
    The Living Daylights
    You Only Live Twice

This will be the first time any of the Bond films have been made available on Netflix Streaming since August 2013 (aside from the Everything or Nothing Doc).

Let the pre-Bond 24 marathon commence! :)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    That's great! I've wanted to re-watch some of the Moore and Dalton Bond films lately, so that'll be a great opportunity to get back into them. I'll also re-examine NSNA as well, as it's been a looooong time since I viewed that one.
    I get so sad when I search Timothy Dalton on Netflix and all that's there is that stupid Tinkerbell movie :(

But then again Lazenby doesn't even come up at all, lol
  • I get so sad when I search Timothy Dalton on Netflix and all that's there is that stupid Tinkerbell movie :(

But then again Lazenby doesn't even come up at all, lol
    They actually added Jane Eyre, a miniseries he did, I noticed this when I was on the other night. That's the only other thing, though
  • edited April 2014 Posts: 4,813
    Yeah I started watching that one. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

If only Dalton made some better movies. He's a FANTASTIC actor, but lots of his movies aren't that great IMO.

I'd love to find the likes of Hot Fuzz, The Rocketeer or maybe Lion in Winter on Netflix.

While I applaud him for making movies he likes to make, he's certainly done some bombs in his career. Beautician & the Beast? Come on Tim. He could have been a superstar like Connery if he made some better choices
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Anyone know why the Bond movies are constantly added and removed on Netflix?
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    Its not just Bond, its everything. Streaming services like Netflix have transient catalogs. They buy rights to stuff for a finite period. They cant afford to maintain everything for life. Comes down to whats popular at a given point in time. The real pisser is when it comes to TV shows: you could be working through a season and, without warning, find that you cannot finish it.

If you are a fan of something, buy the disc. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    sunsanvil wrote: »
    Its not just Bond, its everything. Streaming services like Netflix have transient catalogs. They buy rights to stuff for a finite period. They cant afford to maintain everything for life. Comes down to whats popular at a given point in time. The real pisser is when it comes to TV shows: you could be working through a season and, without warning, find that you cannot finish it.

If you are a fan of something, buy the disc. :)
    Oh, I have all the discs available! But maybe I want to watch a Bond film while travelling, for example :)
  • sunsanvilsunsanvil Somewhere in Canada....somewhere.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Oh, I have all the discs available! But maybe I want to watch a Bond film while travelling, for example :)

Rip them. Then you wont be dependent on an internet connection. :)

• Sometimes the mood strikes when I have a cat on my lap. I can't walk the 4 feet to my bluray shelf!! :((
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I ripped them to my tablet, so they're always close at hand. :D
    All the Connery, Moore and Dalton films (except for DN) are still streaming on HULU.

There are fixed terms the films stream for. It's all about marketing. EON releases the films prior to the film release to build up hype, then removes them so you'll want to buy them.
    I've noticed that the Brosnan and Craig films are the least frequently streamable ( the Brosnan ones are from time, though almost never DAD curiously). Skyfall was streamable for almost a whole year but has since been removed. My guess is that the more recent films are more expensive with royalties.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited November 2015 Posts: 28,694
    Another note: I don't recall ever seeing OHMSS streaming on Netflix, or anywhere else, for that matter. Have people had a similar experience? It seems to be the odd one out a lot of the time, mentioned only in passing as "that one-off movie by the Australian guy." A real shame, especially considering the content it dealt with and its effect on Bond's life; i.e marriage and death.
    Another note: I don't recall ever seeing OHMSS streaming on Netflix, or anywhere else, for that matter. Have people had a similar experience? It seems to be the odd one out a lot of the time, mentioned only in passing as "that one-off movie by the Australian guy." A real shame, especially considering the content it dealt with and its effect on Bond's life; i.e marriage and death.

Perhaps because it's regarded as the black sheep of Bond films among the populous (not Bond fans though of course)

JBFan626 wrote: »

Perhaps because it's regarded as the black sheep of Bond films among the populous (not Bond fans though of course)

Yeah, you're right. Most casual fans wouldn't pick it out of the litter, which is quite tragic, really. Talk about missing out. Interesting plot, Bond's life changes briefly for the better, amazing cinematography, mesmerizing score. In my opinion it signals the end of the best period Bond has ever had on screen.