MI:6 / MI:7

edited June 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 1,552
In Dr. No, Bond and M work for Military Intelligence 7 (Bernard Lee was over dubbed when he mentioned MI6). Should Bond have carried on with the fictional MI7, or is MI6 - now SIS - better? Because they moved from MI7 to MI6, the current films from Brosnan's to Craig's eras use the SIS building - could they have used a different building for MI7 and still be as interesting? Just a thought I had whilst watching Dr. No.

Comments

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited June 2012 Posts: 8,009
    No, I think it being MI6 is very important. Some may view 6 and 7 as just numbers, but isn't 007 just a number? ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    MI7 is what Johnny English works for...
    and for the life of me I can't remember MI7 in Dr. No. Isn't that a regional thing?
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    During Bond and M's talk in Dr. No M mentions "since I've been head of MI7, there's been a...". Lee's lips clearly say 6 not 7, so he was dubbed over.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    There is a black and white featurette on the Dr No disc made at the time where you can actually hear the original audio - Bernard Lee does say MI6, maybe the producers had pressure put on them to not use a real department in the original film and so had to over dub MI7. It would be nice, as the audio exists somewhere, that the original version could be put back into future home video releases. Don't suppose it will happen though.