Bond and Beyond, James Bond series highlights.

BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
edited March 2011 in Bond Movies Posts: 14,874
As we have a new forum, I thought we could have a new Bond series highlights thread.
The only difference to the old thread, is this is for the cinematic Bond, including, lines, scenes, characters, music etc.
We can also have one for the literacy Bond in the appropriate thread if need be.
So as we're going to start again, let's get one of the more obvious ones out of the way.

As with the past thread, these will be polled from week to week.
Any and all suggestions <i>(providing they are relevant and withing keeping with the thread)</i> are welcome, just add your thoughts along the way.

First off the block.

The James Bond theme by John Barry
<a href>

<b>*For those not familiar with this thread, each week a new piece of music, character, scene, line of dialogue, or what have you is submitted for ranking.
All entries are ranked by users from 1 to 10, and at the end of the week the average score is given based on the rank given by members.
Simple rules, only one entry per member, and all votes must be a whole number from 1 to 10.
No half votes or decimals. Thanks, just makes it easier.
So happy voting, and see you back here next week...if not before.*</b>

Comments

• PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    edited March 2011 Posts: 3,262
    10/10
    Iconic and known the world over,it can't be less than 10/10.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    10/10. Amazing. The original version should return at some point. I don't know, maybe next year...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    10/10

How could I not give it that score? This music introduced me to Bond, to film music and to my biggest addiction since I was born.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    10/10
    i agree with others 10/10.
  • OO7_AgentOO7_Agent Suspended
    edited March 2011 Posts: 1
    1.23685975123685419321563289415325741/10

All digits must be counted.

Post edited by NicNac
  • CISCIS Suspended
    Doesn't feel right without FieldsMan at the reigns, but alas...

10/10
    Hmm... This thread sounds familiar....
    10/10

Oh and by the way, I had some other ideas for the end of the tournament. Pity we can't do them now!
    Thanks CIS though. :)
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    edited March 2011 Posts: 14,874
    Quoting FieldsMan:
    Hmm... This thread sounds familiar....
    10/10

Oh
    and by the way, I had some other ideas for the end of the tournament. Pity we
    can't do them now!

Well hadn't seen any notion of getting the thread resurrected FM, and it seemed like a popular thread in the past.
    I figured you weren't interested in re-doing it here.
    No reason why it can't be revived.

Untill such time, this can continue.

Bond theme.
    A classic, that still just puts a bloomin' big grin on my face whenever I hear it.
    An easy 10/10

• saunderssaunders Living in a world of avarice and deceit
    I used to love this score but unfortunately I started to see Monty Norman interviews and the thing about Monty Norman being interviewed is that not only is he always asked about the tunes 'House of Mr Biswas stage musical' origins but he always seems to pick up a guitar and sing his original 'Biswas' version in a weedy mock Indian accent. Quite frankly it's incredibly embarrassing for a Bond fan, it's like when I used to bring my girlfriends home and my Mum would show them all my baby photos. I seriously think it would be better for everyone if Monty Norman was, as Georgi Koskov would say, "Put away".

So on that musical note and with regret I award The James Bond Theme:

8/10
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2011 Posts: 9,117
    Quoting Benny: The James Bond theme by John Barry
    Careful Benny or Monty will see you in court.

Quoting saunders: I used to love this score but unfortunately I started to see Monty Norman
    interviews and the thing about Monty Norman being interviewed is that not only
    is he always asked about the tunes 'House of Mr Biswas stage musical' origins
    but he always seems to pick up a guitar and sing his original 'Biswas' version
    in a weedy mock Indian accent. Quite frankly it's incredibly embarrassing for a
    Bond fan, it's like when I used to bring my girlfriends home and my Mum would
    show them all my baby photos. I seriously think it would be better for everyone
    if Monty Norman was, as Georgi Koskov would say, "Put away".
    Well said Saunders. Just because you bought the canvas and the dulux and gave it to Van Gogh does not make you the bloke who painted a masterpiece Monty old son. If your version was so good then why did Harry and Cubby bring in Barry at the 11th hour to salvage it? And why werent you called back?

This is pure genius and no version since has bettered it but its only about 3% down to Monty. 10/10
    10/10 no question

Let the piece speak for itself. I don't care about Monty Norman
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    10/10 it's the song that started it all
  • 10/10 doesn't deserve anything less.
    Is the next one going on here? What up? LIke a new series highlight? Can I suggest a character?
  • do_me_nicelydo_me_nicely Banned
    10/10 now can we do another ? I suggested the twin fighters in Octopussy :) :)
    Definately 10/10! No other scores are acceptable! Hahaha. Just joking.
  • 9.9/10
  • The most well known tune in the history of movies without a doubt.

For that I give it a 10/10
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    10/10
    Hopefully this thread can continue with @Benny soon. We'd all forgotten about so it's nice it's been bumped back up again.
  • edited October 2013 Posts: 18
    Removed by a moderator
  • MrBondMrBond Station S
    10/10

Everything else would be a blasphemy.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    10/10.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    10/10
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Hopefully this thread can continue with @Benny soon. We'd all forgotten about so it's nice it's been bumped back up again.

Although that was a while ago, in a way, I'm happy this got boosted. Seems like a fun topic I missed out on.

For me, 10/10. I really don't see any other score to give it.
    A while ago? It was two whole years. An over two and a half since this thread was started.

At least this is back in the limelight though, a troll did some good it appears.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Samuel001 wrote:
    A while ago? It was two whole years. An over two and a half since this thread was started.

At least this is back in the limelight though, a troll did some good it appears.

Haha, apologies, I overuse "a while ago." A movie I watched last week is the same timeline as that candy I got when I went trick-or-treating when I was seven.

But yes, it's back in the limelight, and I hope this thread continues.