Bond's Gaming Future(News, Speculation, Discussion)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    A really well put together retrospective @Agent007391. The reason the FPS keep being churned out, is because we all want that GoldenEye 64 again and it's not going to happen but developers keep trying!
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited November 2012 Posts: 2,635
    If they just got Goldeneye 64 and made a HD release like StarFox, Zelda, Mario and BloodRayne games, it could be great. But they had to make a piece of cr4p that GE2010 was...
    [edited to complement arguments]

As you guys already obviously know, I'm a complete Goldeneye Hater. They just mixed the story of my favourite Bond movie and made action scenes of didn't exist. Goldeneye 64 doesn't follows the exact story, but is so much better because it FITS on the movie. It's not just some edited bulls--t, it's a masterpiece.

Idk if Rareware still exists, but if they do, they could get the hands on Bond again.
  • The only really good first person Bond game since Goldeneye was Nightfire (my favourite Bond game).

@Agent007391 You summed up my problem with Bloodstone there, it becomes it's own sequel half way through and it lacks a main villian. Running around doing the takedowns was fun though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    If they start working on a new Bond game relatively soon, make it a FPS with its own separate plot that works really well. That way, we can't compare it to any of the films.

Or, on the other side of the spectrum, take 'Bond 24' and make a proper game out of it. One that I can sit there and be heavily reminded of scenes from the film. Again, a plot that actually makes sense, and has nothing major stripped from the movie version.
  • Creasy47 wrote:
    If they start working on a new Bond game relatively soon, make it a FPS with its own separate plot that works really well. That way, we can't compare it to any of the films.

Or, on the other side of the spectrum, take 'Bond 24' and make a proper game out of it. One that I can sit there and be heavily reminded of scenes from the film. Again, a plot that actually makes sense, and has nothing major stripped from the movie version.

That's why I think the games getting their own sort of universe would be good. It'd set them apart from the films.

I don't want a Bond 24 game or another rehash. I'd like an original game for once.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @thelivingroyale, that's what I like to see. QoS was a really fun game, and seeing different pieces of the film was a real good time, but I remember most of my fun being spent on games like AUF, NF, and EON. I only gave BS one play through, so I don't recall if I liked that one too much.

But, a standalone game with some time put into memorable characters, villains, and a plot would be much more welcomed.
  • oo7oo7
    @agent007391 I think you should dust off blood stone again. that game for me def was the best attempt of activsion delivering a bond game where the story was not one where we already knew and outcome. the clues were laid out if you were collecting them on your phone and reading the stuff bond was picking up to open the story up to point to various different people.
    The animation in this game is perhaps the best they produced since QoS. with the third person perspective characters would move there heads naturalist with camera turns to reflect your perspective. as i have said before I really think they would have been close to hitman and payne should they decided to continue using this engine and developing it for another two years.
    When I look at Legends I can see nothing of interesting animations there compared to this game. instead we get a game that is a generic shooter. walking and gun pointing are one can do. Blood Stone also had one of the greater multiplayer ideas where it would allow the top player to assume the role of bond leading the assault. this of course was let down by the opposite side taking on the role of rak if they were up(they had to keep the main bad guy a secret of course.)
    Legends felt like it was a revisit to a engine that was ten years old. it was made of course using the rail shooter for Dead space extraction, updated for goldeneye then the textures upgraded again for reloaded and legends. gun textures and lighting def play more of a part in Legends and this shows in Multiplayer. one can hide very well in the dark for a sniping position.

As I said previously though Treyarch is free again to look at bond game development and raven software are looking for a few new people for something that seems outside of the regular CoD map packs they have been making. This could also be the new wolverine game.
    I would hope though we get something more in line with blood stone though. a game with a stand alone story. hopefuly the critical and financial success of skyfall will have a new quality of game coming.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:
    @agent007391 I think you should dust off blood stone again. that game for me def was the best attempt of activsion delivering a bond game where the story was not one where we already knew and outcome. the clues were laid out if you were collecting them on your phone and reading the stuff bond was picking up to open the story up to point to various different people.

Oh, believe me, Blood Stone is my favorite Activision Bond game (I beat it ten times in my first four days of ownership, that is a mark of true love, for me). I also understand that portions of the story might be contained in the intel (I'll probably read those the next time I play the game)), I just haven't read them yet because I figured they were as useless as the ones in QoS and COD.

• X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    QoS hadn't the best animation, but had the best gameplay. It's my favourite, in the PC and PS2 versions. Blood Stone for me is a great game, mainly because of the storyline.
  • oo7oo7
    X3MSonicX wrote:
    QoS hadn't the best animation, but had the best gameplay. It's my favourite, in the PC and PS2 versions. Blood Stone for me is a great game, mainly because of the storyline.

within multiplayer characters moved and emoted. though i noticed with the age of the game ruining animations got worse. I would not mind seeing treyarch going back and delivering a game based on what the CoD is up to now. i don't understand why activision is paying for an outside company to make bond when the engine they employ is a inferior one of an engine they already own and pioneered...
    is QoS worth picking up for the ps2?
    oo7 wrote:
    within multiplayer characters moved and emoted. though i noticed with the age of the game ruining animations got worse. I would not mind seeing treyarch going back and delivering a game based on what the CoD is up to now. i don't understand why activision is paying for an outside company to make bond when the engine they employ is a inferior one of an engine they already own and pioneered...
    is QoS worth picking up for the ps2?

Yes, QoS on the PS2 is a great game, it's even better than the PC and Other consoles versions.
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.nowgamer.com/news/1685603/next_call_of_duty_heading_to_xbox_360_ps3.html?

As we said in our Black Ops 2 review, Call Of Duty is an endless cycle - a tradition - and so while Black Ops 2 has only just released, the hype train for the next COD must begin all over again.

Sledgehammer Games - the co-developer alongside Infinity Ward on Modern Warfare 3 - is looking for a Senior Environment Artist.

In the job description it states Sledgehammer is "actively recruiting top talent for our Call of Duty development team" while the successful candidate will have "a desire to work on the most successful FPS franchise in the history of video games."

The role will require crafting single-player and multiplayer levels, as well as collaborating with level designers to "ensure a perfect union of game play and art".

While none of this is really surprising, what is intriguing is the statement that the candidate "Will insure that the level works on all relevant platforms, Xbox 360, PS3".

With general consensus that next-gen Xbox 720 or PS4 will be arriving any time soon (pre-E3 2013 if rumours are to be believed) then it's unusual that this job description should be so specific about the platforms.

But then, perhaps the next Call Of Duty will bridge the gap between next-gen as so many launch titles did with the Xbox 360, arriving on current-gen and next-gen simultaneously.

We shall see.

This comes as rumours that Modern Warfare 4 is in the works at Infinity Ward, too. Let the speculation begin.

Treyarch returning to bond for next year then?
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    oo7 wrote:

Nothing stopped them from returning to Bond any year since 2008. They worked on both QoS and World at War at the same time, so they can clearly multitask.
  • oo7oo7
    oo7 wrote:

Nothing stopped them from returning to Bond any year since 2008. They worked on both QoS and World at War at the same time, so they can clearly multitask.
    I think they were given the task of creating the Black ops ip for CoD. between that time goldeneye was seen as a success so eurocom became the prime developer for the bond games.
    has anyone played black ops 2?
    I was thinking the other day, a lot of people give hate to from russia with love but it does give the game the ability to give a lot of older cars and guns. something that is not in the newer bond games. what if they made a period bond piece set in the 60s using DC?
    this just came into my mind while thinking about the guns of Black Ops 1
  • oo7oo7
    http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/quantum_of_solace/news/treyarch_were_already_thinking_about_next_bond_game.html
    Treyarch's Adam Gascoine, the co-design director on Quantum of Solace, said that the team wants to do another Bond game because it "has a lot more to say" and wants the jump to be similar to the one gamers saw with Halo to Halo 2, and Call of Duty to Call of Duty 2.

can treyarch have been working on a stand alone bond game for 4-5 years?
  • oo7oo7
    why is raven looking for animators and lighting designers if they are just making call of duty map packs?
  • oo7 wrote:
    can treyarch have been working on a stand alone bond game for 4-5 years?

I hope if they have been working on it for that long they've made it more than a Call Of Duty clone.
  • AliAli
    edited November 2012 Posts: 319
    Won't Raven, along with Sledgehammer and what's left of Infinity Ward, be doing MW4? Or, at least, be involved in wherever Call Of Duty goes next. Treyarch will probably have one last game this generation, and it won't be CoD as they're off that hook until late 2014.

If Activision do another Bond game, it'll be Treyarch. Though Treyarch will probably be mainly concentrating on the next generation Call Of Duty as, if Ps4 and Xbox 720 do appear in 2014, it'll be Treyarch that'll be due to hit them first.We may not even see another Treyarch game this generation.

The other consideration is Sony now in full control of Columbia, MGM and Bond. The exclusive Skyfall DLC on 007 Legends might just be the first signs of Bond going exclusive once Activision's deal ends, rather neatly coinciding with PS4. Might be wishful thinking, but imagine a Bond game by Naughty Dog....
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    This was started in another discussion but will continue this here...would you like to see a 007 game that was an open world/sandbox game? Similar to either a grand theft auto style game or skyrim style. Obviously those franchises have a larger audience but what would an open world Bond game play like? I can imagine beginning as a rookie agent, having to build up your abilities from basic training through increasingly difficult missions to reach 00 status and then moving through the missions from the films. How brilliant would it be to follow the chronology of the entire film series in a game? Again, this would need the scope of what rockstar/bethesda are capable, but with investment of time and money it could be a groundbreaking format. I've always thought they should do it with the Star Wars universe but Bond has the rich history to make it work too.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I like the idea of having them released in stages a few years apart - Game One: Connery Bond - taking all his adventures (and absorbing OHMSS) finishing with DAF. Game Two: Moore Bond Game Three: Dalton/Brosnan Bond Game Four: Craig Bond (By then hopefully he's completed five films). I have a preference for being able to move freely in computer games so you don't have to do everything so linearly (hence the enjoyment of GTA and Skyrim) you'd have to start with Dr No but from there you could mix the missions up so if you got stuck on one part (like continually failing to talk Goldfinger out of lasering you so that you were cut in half to the point of frustration that you were like 'sod it - I'll start You Only Live Twice mission instead or maybe I'll go back and see if i can finally progress in FRWL and kill Grant in the train compartment.)
  • oo7oo7
    I wouldn't mind a bond game being segmented into chapters to be released like the tell-tale games seasons.
  • AliAli
    Not sure about Telltale. I know people like their Waking Dead, but Back To The Future is fairly weak and Telltale's charicature graphics would get a lot of complaints.
    If Sony took the Bond franchise and gave it to any of their first party devs, think of the possibilities! NaughtyDog making Bond, Gran Turismo 6 getting all of the Bond cars, 007 in All Stars (maybe not)
    Screw Telltale's graphics (which, to be honest, are on the weak side for PS3/360 games), it's their gameplay that wouldn't mesh well with Bond. You'd have little to no true gameplay.
  • edited November 2012 Posts: 12,837
    If Sony took the Bond franchise and gave it to any of their first party devs, think of the possibilities! NaughtyDog making Bond, Gran Turismo 6 getting all of the Bond cars, 007 in All Stars (maybe not)

I don't want Sony/Naughty Dog to get it. It'd be PS3 exclusive so me and others wouldn't be able to play it. Bond shouldn't be an exclusive franchise.
    Hoping for a new 3rd person bond game from Treyarch in 2013
    Risico007 wrote:
    Hoping for a new 3rd person bond game from Treyarch in 2013

Doubtful. They seem to be all about FPS nowadays. You can blame that on their COD success.
  • edited January 2013 Posts: 546
    Another Bond game that is based on the past Bond films would be nice. The Spy Who Loved Me or Moonraker would be a good choice. As long as Activision gets Sir Roger Moore to voice James Bond. Or maybe Sir Timothy Dalton could voice James Bond for The Living Daylights or License to Kill.
  • If any past Bond ends up voicing a game it'll probably be Moore.

They won't get Connery (the budget would end up even lower thanks to his fee) and since Brosnan is probably too recent to use, Moore is likely to sell the most games (and he probably wouldn't say no either, he loves Bond). They wouldn't dare do one with Lazenby and (unfortunately) Dalton.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If any past Bond ends up voicing a game it'll probably be Moore.

They won't get Connery (the budget would end up even lower thanks to his fee) and since Brosnan is probably too recent to use, Moore is likely to sell the most games (and he probably wouldn't say no either, he loves Bond). They wouldn't dare do one with Lazenby and (unfortunately) Dalton.

That wouldn't happen. Moore's voice has aged way too much anyway to pull off playing a 30 something Bond, as is most common.