The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    In GE, Does Ouromov have a loaded gun, which he misses Alec with? Or perhaps Alec survived a head shot like Renard? Or was Ouromov shooting blanks and Alec and the guard Ouromov shoots pretended to die?

In the unrated version of GE, it's clear that Ouroumov shots and hits 006..... bits of Trevelyan's head fly in the air.
    Whoa I've never heard of such a thing! Got a link?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Whoa I've never heard of such a thing! Got a link?

I read it once on the old MI6Forums... someone said that in the unrated GE you can see bits of 006's head flying in the air..... can't help you more :-S
    Sounds awesome! I love when they're not afraid to show a little blood in the Bond movies!
    But then I had always assumed OO6 was missed deliberately, so it would be extra confusing
    I've got another question.

-In DAF after Plenty introducesces herself Bond replies "Named after your father perhaps?". I never understood this quip. Can someone explain?
    Plenty O´toole means big d#ck. That´s what it means.
    Plenty O´toole means big d#ck. That´s what it means.

Oh I see. Hahaha that is funny. Thanks
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited April 2012 Posts: 9,117
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Even today EON buy the rights to the continuation novels. They have the recent ones Devil May Care and Carte Blanche, I'd imagine, just so someone else can't film them!

Just because EON buy the rights from Glidrose or IFF or whatever its called nowadays (presumably theres a cosy arrangement in place that suits all) does this mean that no one else can buy them or that EON have the automatic legal right to buy them? If for example a Roman Abramovitch type figure came in and offered silly money for the next Bond novel could they sell it to him?

I know EON own the film rights to all the existing novels but how do these rights apply to future novels?

Or do EON own the film rights to the character period?

Does anyone have the legal knowledge to expound on this?

Its a worrying situation because if 007RogerMoore won the Euromillions he could realise his dream and go out and buy the rights to the next Bond novel and bring us an octagenarian Sir Rog in a film packed with sharks with frickin' lasers.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Even today EON buy the rights to the continuation novels. They have the recent ones Devil May Care and Carte Blanche, I'd imagine, just so someone else can't film them!

Just because EON buy the rights from Glidrose or IFF or whatever its called nowadays (presumably theres a cosy arrangement in place that suits all) does this mean that no one else can buy them or that EON have the automatic legal right to buy them? If for example a Roman Abramovitch type figure came in and offered silly money for the next Bond novel could they sell it to him?

I would say IFP would be able to sell them to whoever they like if they offer the right money but they must have a liking for EON. Even if I were to buy the rights to the next novel I would probably not be able to film it as I have no rights to the Bond character so it'd be pointless. Just my, very unknowledgeable, take on things. So I think you're on the right lines @TheWizardOfIce, no need to panic - yet. ;)

The thought of @007RogerMoore or anyone else filming a Bond novel is a scary thought...
    Samuel001 wrote:

The thought of @007RogerMoore or anyone else filming a Bond novel is a scary thought...

Why? I would have brought back the more traditional Bond elements, like the gadget car and everything. I think they would have been some really great movies.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited April 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

Why? I would have brought back the more traditional Bond elements, like the gadget car and everything. I think they would have been some really great movies.

Any fan being given the full reigns to a Bond film would be awful. I feel it's best to leave it to EON, they've been doing it for 50 years after all.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

Any fan being given the full reigns to a Bond film would be awful. I feel it's best to leave it to EON, they've been doing it for 50 years after all.

Well Sam Mendes is a pretty big fan and I have confidence in him.
    Here's a question I never found the answer to :

Why has there never been a single film featuring 2 Bond's together ? Why has no one thought of making such a film ?
    Here's a question I never found the answer to :

Why has there never been a single film featuring 2 Bond's together ? Why has no one thought of making such a film ?

Because James Bond is one man not a code name. Or do you mean 2 Bond actors? Because I heard that Connery and Moore would not be opposed to coming out of retirement to work alongside eachother and their friend Michael Caine.
    Yes I mean 2 Bond actors ;)
    Yes I mean 2 Bond actors ;)

Gotcha. Im still hoping Connery and Moore will do a buddy movie together. But with their advancing ages I doubt it. Lazenby doesn't really act anymore and Dalton's always been more focused on stage acting. I thought I saw Dalton on an episode of Remington Steele sometime back but it was a fan edit.
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,635
    Hello, guys.

Know, i've been thinking on something. With all of those graphic things and animation, 3D, realism, and etc... I thought if could be possible of making a REALISTIC Bond movie inside CG's, just like Avatar and those things. So, with that possibility, we could make Bond movies back with Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton and the other Bonds in their respective ages when they were making the Bond movies back then. Idk if u guys are understanding what i mean, but i wanna know if that could be fun to be made. Imagine, let's suppose a 2013 Bond movie, starring Roger Moore again, and at his 40's again! Except for the fact of the movie being Computer Graphics made, it could be very nice to be made. Also, ask to Roger to make himself his voice in the movie, and such...
    Resuming, making a Bond movie in a CG, with the classic actors.
    What do you guys think?

(This were supposed to be a thread, but since This thread is a question thread i thought would be useful for it to be here)
    As awesome as it sounds, I think the closest we'll ever get to such a thing is in video game form- like From Russia With Love.
    And even then, 'old' Connery's voice didn't go too well with 'young' Connery's visuals.
    I definitely see where you're coming from though and would love to see it. I'd be making Dalton Bond movies until the end of time! lol
    And of course a DAF with Lazenby
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    up :)
    This topic is important.
    Thanks @X3SonicX

I've got another question. Can anyone confirm how old Timothy Dalton was for TLD? Some sources say 43 while others say 41. 43 makes more sense as Dalton being offered OHMSS at the age of 23 in 1969 sounds alittle hard to believe.

The eternal question - was Dalton born in 1946 or in 1944 ?
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,630
    The eternal question - was Dalton born in 1946 or in 1944 ?

1946. That's what MI6 says and I'll take their word.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/bonds/dalton.php3
    I say 1944. Because in interviews Dalton said when he was approached for OHMSS in 1969 he was 25. Which would mean he was born in 1944.
    All i know is that Tim has a long movie career. And very successfully too. Of course, he is even a 007.
    I remember reading many times Dalton was a mere 21 years of age when he turned down the OHMSS part in '69, I've got this area wrong before, then thought Dalton was 40 when he made his Daylights debut in 1987, 42 in License to Kill etc

Wikipedia is a very good source of Information and I find it comprehensive and reliable and it states that Dalton was born 21 March 1946, that's good enough for me

Lo and behold I take a look at IMDB for some verification and it says '21 March 1944'

I think the former is probably nearer to the truth
    I checked imdb on his birthday (you know how on the homepage all the celebrity birthdays are there) and it said he was 66-- yet when you click on his name and you see his bio, it says born 1944.

So that's just dumb, lol

Most places with actor info has him listed as being born in 1946. Anyone here know Tim and wants to ask him? ;)
    I think the best thing to do here is simply say Dalton was born in 1945 (21 March)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,813
    One good thing about being born in 1946 instead of 1944 is that (in my dreams) he would have been 49 had he done GoldenEye-- which, to put it in perspective, was how old Roger was in The Spy Who Loved Me!! To think of how long we could have had Tim!!!
    I'll always insist I feel Dalton would of been slightly inappropriate for Goldeneye even if it was written with him in mind. If not for the legal disputes there may well have been another 007 release in 1991/92 and Dalts would of been suitable I feel but we've seen sometimes how quickly Bond's can age, i.e Moore looked plausible and ready to an extent in FYEO but tired and past it by Octopussy, or Brosnan, the epitome of Bondness in TWINE, a mere three years later in DAD to me simply looked unfit for the part
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 4,813
    I agree about TWINE-- although far from my favorite, Pierce looked his BEST in that one!

But back to Dalton in GoldenEye: just picture for a second..... Imagine Daniel Craig doing his CR & QOS-- then the gap-- and as SkyFall comes out some other actor is playing Bond! I think everyone's happy to see Daniel back after a bit of a hiatus!

Compare that to Dalton's TLD & LTK. If only he came back... It would appear Daniel Craig learned from Dalton's (in my opinion) mistake!