The James Bond Questions Thread

Comments

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Was just watching LALD, and noticed a reflection in the window when Bond enters the Tarot shop.
    [url="http://"]http://screenmusings.org/movie/dvd/Live-and-Let-Die/pages/Live-and-Let-Die-246.htm[/url]

Is that TeeHee in the red blazer we can see in the reflection?
    Here's a question I've had about Tomorrow Never Dies.

In the film, how exactly is Paris Carver murdered? Further, what type of torture did she endure under Dr. Kaufman?

Thank you.
    Here's a question I've had about Tomorrow Never Dies.

In the film, how exactly is Paris Carver murdered? Further, what type of torture did she endure under Dr. Kaufman?

Thank you.

Well it seems pretty likely that Kaufman shot her. As far as the torture goes, as we don't witness it I guess we have to make up your own mind on that one.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Further, what type of torture did she endure under Dr. Kaufman?

He was singing and tap dancing.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Further, what type of torture did she endure under Dr. Kaufman?

He was singing and tap dancing.

NAKED.
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Why in SPECTRE does Bond not tell the new M about the video from Judi?
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He doesn't trust him well enough, apparently.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?

I found that odd. Bond couldve easily told M about it, and M could have Ok'd him investigating it further. Not sure what the rogue Bond aspect added rather than a few naff jokes at Q's expense.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Mallory wrote: »

I found that odd. Bond couldve easily told M about it, and M could have Ok'd him investigating it further. Not sure what the rogue Bond aspect added rather than a few naff jokes at Q's expense.
    Just enforced elements for the sake of it, @Mallory. Spectre was that.
    What exactly is the red ring around the big E in GoldenEye supposed to mean/resemble?
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    What exactly is the red ring around the big E in GoldenEye supposed to mean/resemble?

The orbit of the satellite.
    I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but 138 pages and all.
    Watching TMWTGG, and its been discussed as to whether Rodney in the PTS (Marc Lawrence) is the same character as portrayed in DAF. Without any conclusive evidence I'm going to go with same character. For the only reason of why not. I guess it's subjective. You either do accept him as DAF hood or you don't.
    However, whilst watching the PTS I was wondering, why he doesn't take the golden gun from the crows mouths so Scaramanga has no chance of obtaining a weapon. He knows its there. Why not take it and put Francisco in real peril. Obviously it would make for a very short film, but...you know.
    I believe I've read somewhere that some filmmakers believed the character was Rodney from DAF. As for the second question, I think he might've thought that Nic Nac was fooling him and was expecting Scarmanga to pull off a dirty trick. Anyone would have doubts in a scene like that. So, he took the precautions of remaining in his vantage point, trying to be careful... But, he was a lousy shot.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2017 Posts: 23,883
    In TB, when Bond is on the phone (in a public phone booth) with MP at Shrublands, he notices Lippe leaving with a woman wearing a scarf who we only see from behind. I assume this woman was supposed to be tending to Angelo and was a Spectre operative.

Was this meant to be Fiona? I only ask because in NSNA, it is Fatima at Shrublands, attending to Jack Petachi. She has sandy blonde hair but it wasn't quite red like Fiona's
    Nope, that was Patricia Fearing, who Lippe probably invited to lunch.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Gerard wrote: »
    Nope, that was Patricia Fearing, who Lippe probably invited to lunch.
    Oh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Or "lunch".
  • stagstag In the thick of it!
    I asked this in another thread before seeing this one. My question is this; does anyone know what Ian Fleming made of 'Dr No'? (The film).
    I believe he called it "Dreadful. Simply dreadful."

He warmed up to Connery after the film was well-received and particularly throughout From Russia with Love (the film).
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Do we know what he thought of the rough draft of GF he saw?
    He liked it, I believe. He was also alive during the time it was filming.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Yes Fleming died during filming for GF.
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    At least he got to see From Russia With Love.
    Maybe, but it's already canon, and as such can't be ignored nor dismissed the way continuation additions are done by the majority.
    I think many don't get the British Class system, especially of the 40s and 50s. Fleming came from a wealthy family who lived on their Scottish estate for about half the yeaan . So almost regarded themselves as anglo-scottish.
    I'm no expert but can easily believe that Fleming always intended to give Bond a Scottish background, just as he gave Bond's mother the Name of his first love ( whom his mother M, strongly disapproved of )
    Many I think do Fleming a disservice, by simply inferring, the only reason was Connery being Scottish. Fleming was much more inventive than that.
    Yes Fleming died during filming for GF.

The filming had finished, and he got to see a raw cut.
    Thanks, I didn't know principal photography had finished.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    what exactly would a rough cut of gold finger looked like, would they have not recorder the audio yet?
    what exactly would a rough cut of gold finger looked like, would they have not recorder the audio yet?
    My guess is that it wasn't well edited enough just yet nor had the special effects completed upon.
  • Probably original audio without dubbed voices. Also probably no music or just temp music (not entirely sure how they did things back then).