"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

Over the moon that the Norwich boys put one over spurs! Never saw that coming but happily dealing with it! lol!
    RogueAgent wrote:
    Over the moon that the Norwich boys put one over spurs! Never saw that coming but happily dealing with it! lol!

Looking good for you to finish top 10 - Had bet on beginning of season we would finish top 10.
    RogueAgent wrote:

Me neither.
    Got Man City next! :D So the title race will be over again! :-\" ;) :D :-)) =))
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    DCisared wrote:

This news made my day. People like Commoli are parasites in the game who offer very little for their exhorbitant wages. What has this bloke ever done in the game that qualifies him for anything?
    Someone had to pay the price for our shocking signings and I'm glad its Damian. Shows old JW isnt going to get taken for a ride and wants to see results for his money rather than being completely clueless about whats going on like clowns such as Venkys.
    2-1!!!!!

west_ham.jpg
  • 2-1!!!!!

west_ham.jpg

Don't mind West Ham as a club....cannot stand Allardyce though. Smug and such a poor manager. Only where he is because he has friends in the media/Sky and is a chum of Fergie.
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    edited April 2012 Posts: 1,329
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/damien-comolli-to-leave-lfc well well well the plot thickens
    2-1!!!!!

west_ham.jpg

Don't mind West Ham as a club....cannot stand Allardyce though. Smug and such a poor manager. Only where he is because he has friends in the media/Sky and is a chum of Fergie.

This, I hate the guy
    =))
    But well done to west ham in taking it to the last game of the season.
    I'd like kev Nolan to be in the prem next season he's one of my favourite non Liverpool players .
    Tonight Barcelona - Chelsea, I would not mind seeing Barca through to the next round. That Russian bloke should learn that so much money does not buy a decent footballteam.
    SaintMark wrote:
    Tonight Barcelona - Chelsea, I would not mind seeing Barca through to the next round. That Russian bloke should learn that so much money does not buy a decent footballteam.

if only the premiership was not about buying your way to success, but like most things now adays it is all about the money
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Money talks
    DCisared wrote:
    Money talks

not at liverpool it seems :-))
    John Terry is a total numptie, kneeing somebody in the back, and getting caught by the referee. A well deserved red card!!! =D>

Barcelona - Chelsea 1-0 so far
    Chelsea are now screwed. Good thinking from Terry.
    Barcelona - Chelsea 2-0 :!!
    game over for chelsea now! 2 down!
    wow! 2-1 lol!
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 7,653
    Barcelona - Chelsea 2-1 :-q

It will be an interesting 2nd half, and I think that Chelsea will not play football but will concentrate on defending with all their might. But then again I might get a surprise.
    makes good fun for the neutral fan though! :D
    RogueAgent wrote:
    makes good fun for the neutral fan though! :D

A rather large improvement on the first match.

lol! yep! One of my work mates is a chelsea fan, he must be a wreck! 8-}
    I am really gutted that the best team in football gets eliminated by such an average team. The final will be well worth avoided. O:-)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    I don't know what to say about this. Incredible, I though this was impossible with ten men on the field.
    I don't know what to say about this. Incredible, I though this was impossible with ten men on the field.

They did not play football.

That said Barcelona should have destroyed them, they failed to do so and lost.

With Real/Bayern/Chelsea in the finals I find my interest in watching this has been reduced to zero.

• edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    SaintMark wrote:

Abramovich may as well become Chelseas manager. He basically runs the club nowadays anyway.

Anyway, I'm shocked at tonights result. Wasn't expecting that.
    Chelsea were very lucky also. Barca hit the post and the bar in both games.
    :O talk about absolute shock!!!! Even though it was an ugly win! They did it with 10 men! Thats alot of hard work and concentration against Barcelona! Still stunned at Messi penalty miss too!
    Barca never should have sold Ibra. They needed him tonight. :))
    Listened to it on the radio - crazy finish with the Torres goal.
    Getafix wrote:
    Listened to it on the radio - crazy finish with the Torres goal.

me too, did listen to it on 5live? did you? Alan Green always makes me laugh when listening to his commentary!