"Back of the net!": The Football Thread

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    mate I am random , I love bond football and partridge , get told I'm weird all the time haha but I suppose the great man deserves his own thread :)
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    St_George wrote:
    Given we have three football threads on the go at present, but this one seems the most popular, I'm happy to make this 'un the de facto soccer one. Give me the go ahead and I'll make it so, peeps (we really don't need three, so I'll close the other two and rename this one).

So what say you...? :)

Just as long as it is still called the 'football' thread. We're not Americans for gods sake.

I can't really see any arguments against a separate Partridge thread. Good call!
    Lol people will be telling us they like dr pepper next!
    Oh dear 007RogerMoore Barca already 1-0 up. Time for super Zlatan to deliver on the big occasion.

As Les Dennis would say 'If its up there I'll give you the money myself.'
    Zlatan assisted Nocerino now. 1-1.
    Don´t forget that he will score 17 goals against Barca tomorrow. Then the whole world will bow down in front of him.

Didn't think this one through did ya ;)
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082
    Another penalty for barca. Nesta pulling someone´s shirt.
    Thats a big game player. Pressure? What pressure?

Its all yours in the 2nd half Zlatan. 007RogerMoore is backing you.
    Haha
    That was a cheap second penalty, but they deserved it after the penaltys that they should have in the match last week.
    Barcelona - Milan 3-1

As it should be. :D
    :((
    Any time youre ready Zlatters - the stage is set for you to show us your world class talent when it matters.
    Even the one man army with the name Zlatan Ibrahimovic can´t stop the mighty Barcelona.
    I sooner expect Zlatan to get a red card than to score a goal, when his frusrations get the better of him he is a most annoying player (even for his own side).

But the match looks more like a 4-1 to happen than anything else.

Football lovers of Europe get the right result.
    Don't worry mate - there's still stoppage time for Mr World Class to pull out a brace of overhead kicks.

Any second now...
    Sweet dreams. :))
    Haha classic ibrah , still not many players outshine barca tbh :-))
    The only right team won tonight, and they did not have that poser Zlatan in their team.
    Messi and Barcelona are a class in themselves. :D
    Not enough superlatives to throw at them =D>
    The thing about him is that he doesn´t need much support from the midfielders. Shoot
    long balls to him and he is the ultimate target man. Then he can either make a crazy pass (he has amazing vision) or use his magic to score.
    With a great midfield, like Barcelona´s, he still won´t score as many as Ronaldo or Messi, but he would score alot there too. But he fits well into teams like Juve, Milan or Inter. And Barca is still the best team in the world, followed by Madrid.
    The only thing he's world class at is anonymity.
    Another season, another exit with a whimper from Zlatters

He will still be the king of Italy, and Serie A. And don´t tell me it sucks. Napoli are a middle table team in the Serie A and they beat Man C and almost beat Chelsea too. And United were relegated by Basel. WTF? Arsenal were crushed by Milan (in the first leg) also. In the second one Milan probably weren´t that keen on scoring, since they though it was over already. That´s why Arsenal almost got back.

He will still be the king of Italy, and Serie A. And don´t tell me it sucks. Napoli are a middle table team in the Serie A and they beat Man C and almost beat Chelsea too. And United were relegated by Basel. WTF? Arsenal were crushed by Milan (in the first leg) also. In the second one Milan probably weren´t that keen on scoring, since they though it was over already. That´s why Arsenal almost got back.

No, that was because Arsenal was better that day, as Milan had been the previous game.

Zlatan is an annoying playert that finds himself better than he actually is. As a Ajax Amsterdam fan I still find him the worst center forward they ever had, when they sold him they got rid of a player that held the team hostage with his strange behaviour. The man is no teamplayer and fits in well with the primadonna's in Italy.

SaintMark wrote:

No, that was because Arsenal was better that day, as Milan had been the previous game.

Zlatan is an annoying playert that finds himself better than he actually is. As a Ajax Amsterdam fan I still find him the worst center forward they ever had, when they sold him they got rid of a player that held the team hostage with his strange behaviour. The man is no teamplayer and fits in well with the primadonna's in Italy.

Well, atleast we agree that he fits in well in Italy.
    Good luck to Chelsea against Barca. They can hope for Drogba or the return of the Torres that once existed.
    Good luck to Chelsea against Barca. They can hope for Drogba or the return of the Torres that once existed.

Never gonna happen. Torres' days of being awesome are behind him. I'm putting my money on Barca.

Oh, and I hope for your sake that you didn't put any money on that 17-6 prediction ;)
    007RogerMoores crazy but he's surely not that far gone?
    007RogerMoores crazy but he's surely not that far gone?

In the last second I changed my mind and didn´t do it.
    ;)
    =)) Barca , Madrid or bayern for the CL, not sitting on the fence much lol