Sean Connery vs. Roger Moore

edited April 2012 in Actors Posts: 1,778
This isn't another who's the better Bond thread. I found this link to something I haven't seen in years and thought you might all enjoy it.

:D

Comments

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Moved to actors.
    Roger Moore wins :)) :))
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited April 2012 Posts: 15,690
    BAIN123 wrote:

God always wins.

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    that was a funny clip!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:

God always wins.
    Except against Science and Logic!
    ;)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    BAIN123 wrote:

God always wins.
    ;)

There's no field of expertise that Sir Rog can't master !

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    BAIN123 wrote:

God always wins.
    ;)

There's no field of expertise that Sir Rog can't master !

He should look into a new field called 'Acting Like A Proper James Bond'. He must have missed that one in the shuffle.
    He should look into a new field called 'Acting Like A Proper James Bond'. He must have missed that one in the shuffle.

Sir Rog excelled in that department ! There is only one proper James Bond - Roger Moore !! The rest are only Sir Rog wannabe's... but there is only one Sir Rog !! I suggesr you watch Roger as Ffolkes in North Sea Hijack... he wipes the floor with Connery and Dalton in terms of bad-assery ! Sir Rog makes Liam Neeson in Taken look like a little girl !
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    Common guys!! The Connery/Moore debate's been going on waaaay before my time. The Craig/Dalton debate is more interesting ;)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I'm voting for Connery. I don't care how much Moore Whoores love Moore to the exclusion of all else (because, for some reason, when you love Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig, it's easy to love other Bond's too, but when you love Moore, he's it), Connery originated the role, he'll always be best. Even Moore was uneasy about living in Connery's shadow.
    I'm voting for Connery. I don't care how much Moore Whoores love Moore to the exclusion of all else (because, for some reason, when you love Connery, Lazenby, Dalton, Brosnan and Craig, it's easy to love other Bond's too, but when you love Moore, he's it), Connery originated the role, he'll always be best. Even Moore was uneasy about living in Connery's shadow.

And he proudly admits than Sir Sean is the best Bond.
    The most beatiful moment I´ve ever seen: "Sean Connery is out".
    The Dalton vs. Craig isn´t as interesting to me, since it´s quite equal.
    The Moore vs. Connery has a very, very, very clear winner. Connery hides behind a rock when Moore is near (the same in the video).
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Moore vs. Connery has a very, very, very clear winner. Connery hides behind a rock when Moore is near (the same in the video).

Celebrity Deathmatch had more than its share of winner mistakes. This is one of them.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 1,082

Celebrity Deathmatch had more than its share of winner mistakes. This is one of them.

Yes, I agree. In reality Connery wouldn´t have dared to go one on one with Moore.
    There would have been no match.

I hope there will be a video where Moore destroys Craig. Brosnan could also behead Craig (or kill him in whatever way he desires).
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Noth Sea Hijack? That's it, that's the evidence that Rog could be a badass? :-q

As for the age old question of Connery vs Moore. Neither of which are my #1 Bonds, but Connery has in his favour, DN, FRWL & YOLT.

As for the age old question of Connery vs Moore. Neither of which are my #1 Bonds, but Connery has in his favour, DN, FRWL & YOLT.

Connery has YOLT, Moore has LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR, OP and AVTAK, plus the fact that FYEO is also very good.

Eh ? Sir Rog as Rufus Excalibur Ffolkes is the most bad-ass character ever invented ! He makes Liam Neeson look like a little girl in Taken ! Even Bruce Willis in Die Hard is no match for the greatness that is Sir Rog ! Sorry but I will not tolerate any criticism of North Sea Hijack, one of the true masterpieces in the cinematic history.

Yes, I agree. In reality Connery wouldn´t have dared to go one on one with Moore.

I hope there will be a video where Moore destroys Craig. Brosnan could also behead Craig (or kill him in whatever way he desires).

No, in reality (something Moore Whoores need to discover), Connery would wipe the floor with Moore. Or, better yet, whip the floore with Moore.

No, in reality (something Moore Whoores need to discover), Connery would wipe the floor with Moore. Or, better yet, whip the floore with Moore.

Connery would have run away in his kilt, crying like a girl in fear of Moore.

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    has YOLT, Moore has LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR, OP and AVTAK, plus the fact that FYEO is also very good.

Rog has AVTAK. The single worst film in the cannon. Rog also has LALD, TMWTGG, MR, FYEO & OP which are varying degrees of awfulness. I'll let TSWLM off, that's kinda half decent.
    Eh ? Sir Rog as Rufus Excalibur Ffolkes is the most bad-ass character ever invented ! He makes Liam Neeson look like a little girl in Taken ! Even Bruce Willis in Die Hard is no match for the greatness that is Sir Rog ! Sorry but I will not tolerate any criticism of North Sea Hijack, one of the true masterpieces in the cinematic history.

You amaze me everyday, DC. And I mean that. I could only dream of being as much a fan of Dalton as you are of Moore.
    has YOLT, Moore has LALD, TMWTGG, TSWLM, MR, OP and AVTAK, plus the fact that FYEO is also very good.

Rog has AVTAK. The single worst film in the cannon. Rog also has LALD, TMWTGG, MR, FYEO & OP which are varying degrees of awfulness. I'll let TSWLM off, that's kinda half decent.

I feel sorry for you.

I could only dream of being as much a fan of Dalton as you are of Moore.

Then stop dreaming. Do as best you can to beat him in the fan department.
    I could only dream of being as much a fan of Dalton as you are of Moore.

Then stop dreaming. Do as best you can to beat him in the fan department.

That´s hardly possible. But one can atleast try.

tumblr_l948at6WUf1qziaz1o1_500.jpg
    You amaze me everyday, DC. And I mean that. I could only dream of being as much a fan of Dalton as you are of Moore.

tumblr_l948at6WUf1qziaz1o1_500.jpg

What movie is that picture from? It looks real cool.

It's from 'The Wild Geese', another masterpiece Sir Rog has made. One of the best action film action/war film ever made !! I urge you to see it. Another proof that Sir Rog is the ultimate bad-ass !
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 12,837
    BAIN123 wrote:
    Common guys!! The Connery/Moore debate's been going on waaaay before my time. The Craig/Dalton debate is more interesting ;)

Craig vs Dalton is much too easy. Dalton always wins. There's no point in debating Dalton vs anything because Dalton will always win :)

Anyway, I have to say Connery. Moore is good, he's my 3rd favourite, but I think connery is a little bit better. Plus, Connery has done better stuff outside of Bond. Moore did a film called north sea hijack which I liked, but that's about the only thing other than bond that I've seen him in. Connery did indy 3, The Rock and The Hunt For Red October. So, overall, Connery wins. Tough choice though.
    So, DC, do you have, like, a repository of Moore images in a file on your computer, or something? You've posted far too many to just be from a search engine and you found them at random.
  • edited April 2012 Posts: 11,189
    @Major D Smythe.

In terms of Moore being a badass I think his best moment is here:

Understated and effecient. Nicely done by Sir Rog despite the fact he wasn't keen on filming it.
    So, DC, do you have, like, a repository of Moore images in a file on your computer, or something? You've posted far too many to just be from a search engine and you found them at random.

Yes, I have many Moore images on my computer :)