Dame Judi Dench set for starring role with Everton FC

Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
edited March 2012 in Actors Posts: 13,350
National treasure Dame Judi Dench has taken on a starring role with Everton FC.

The multi-award winning actress who appears in the over 60s rom-com The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel is now the honorary patron of the club's charity.

Dame Judi is famed for her charitable work and is set to begin work with Everton in the Community.

She has supported over 250 different organisations during her career

"I was truly honoured to be offered the chance to become involved in such a special charity and at my football club," said Evertonian Dame Judi.

"I am excited to be able to represent a charity which continues to push social boundaries and help so many people across Merseyside and beyond."

The 77 year-old will soon reprise her role as 'M' in Skyfall, the 23rd Bond film, but will take up her new role immediately at the charity.

The charitable veteran lost her husband to lung cancer in 2001 and became the patron of Women Against Lung Cancer - a campaign of the Roy Castle Lung Foundation.

Everton Chairman Bill Kenwright said he was "thrilled" to have 'Blue' Dami Judi on his team.

"Judi's husband Michael was an avid 'Blue' and her grandson Sam is following in his footsteps," he said.

"Judi keeps up with our progress from wherever her work takes her.

"She is a trusted friend and colleague and will be a fantastic asset to the charity."

http://www.clickliverpool.com/news/national-news/1215598-dame-judi-dench-set-for-starring-role-with-everton-fc.html

Comments

• DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Wonder how this goes Down with Daniel Craig considering he's a massive Liverpool fan :)
    DCisared wrote:
    Wonder how this goes Down with Daniel Craig considering he's a massive Liverpool fan :)

Craig is a liverpool fan??? wow I bet that's arkward. Maybe in skyfall M is killed by bond because she threatened to fire him unless he supported everton :)
    I wasn't aware that Dench had any interest in Soccer. Surely she's one of these celebrity people that claim to have an allegiance to a favorite team but perhaps has never been to a game or even is aware of club histories or relevant players, but whatever the case, there are worst choices that Ms Dench could of made

Is there a chance of an all Liverpool final for the UK Cup Final in a few weeks apparently?,, I hope Ms Dench and her side can be victorious
    Everton and liverpool could play each other in the next round of the F.A. cup. Everton have to get past Sunderland in a replay first.
    I'm not a fan of either team but if it does come to that then I'm rooting for everton. Liverpool haven't impressed me lately because of all the racism, with suarez and then those racist fan.
    DCisared wrote:

Craig is a liverpool fan??? wow I bet that's arkward. Maybe in skyfall M is killed by bond because she threatened to fire him unless he supported everton :)

He most certainly is! As my user name says :D
    I'm not a fan of either team but if it does come to that then I'm rooting for everton. Liverpool haven't impressed me lately because of all the racism, with suarez and then those racist fan.

"were not racist, we only hate mancs " :)

DCisared wrote:

Careful there, some consider them a race of its own.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 12,837
    DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Ahhh, I've been reading your username wrong. I'm a hammers fan myself, and just so you don't feel bad, I do still prefer liverpool to man united ;)
  • RC7RC7

DCisared wrote:

Always the victim.

DCisared wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Ahhh, I've been reading your username wrong. I'm a hammers fan myself, and just so you don't feel bad, I do still prefer liverpool to man united ;)

After the whole Suarez fiasco this makes me very happy lol
    RC7 wrote:
    DCisared wrote:

Always the victim.

You forgot "it's never your fault" , you must have used this at least 5 times now? :D
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2012 Posts: 10,512
    It's very possible. Scousers don't understand things unless you repeat them. It's why 'She loves you yeah, yeah yeah!' works so well.
    It depends what accent the person speaking to the scouser has or what "citeh" they are from .
  • RC7RC7
    I'm not sure it does.
    RC7 wrote:
    I'm not sure it does.

Any other things you don't like about scousers? :-bd
  • RC7RC7
    Their love of cloying mawkish nostalgia :)
    I'm afraid the Beatles , Liverpool fc, scouse humour , scouse women and scouse fashion will always be superior to anything offered from Manchester \:D/
  • RC7RC7
    DCisared wrote:
    I'm afraid the Beatles , Liverpool fc, scouse humour , scouse women and scouse fashion will always be superior to anything offered from Manchester \:D/

If a scouser said anything different I'd be worried.

>:D< Accrington Stanley!
    But I'll shock you............ I actually don't mind corrie!
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    With the financial state they are in at the moment tell her to bring her boots - she could get a game.
    I'm not really one for soccer, but while we're at it, and while this thread is still relevant, apparently Timothy Dalton's favorite British side is Derby County, are they any good ?, Alec Trevelyan watches Sheffield Uniteds, Pussy Galore likes Newcastle, and that's about all I could find for former Bond personnel, so a few more 007 names to be going on with

Furthermore apparently The Queen likes to watch Arsenal, Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) of the Enterprise favors Huddersfield (?), and last but not least, Cameron Diaz likes to follow Brentford, whoever they are

I never knew Dalton took an interest in soccer, it was a bigger shock than Craig actually, I just didn't think he was the type maybe
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm not really one for soccer, but while we're at it, and while this thread is still relevant, apparently Timothy Dalton's favorite British side is Derby County, are they any good ?, Alec Trevelyan watches Sheffield Uniteds, Pussy Galore likes Newcastle, and that's about all I could find for former Bond personnel, so a few more 007 names to be going on with

Furthermore apparently The Queen likes to watch Arsenal, Captain Jean Luc Picard (Patrick Stewart) of the Enterprise favors Huddersfield (?), and last but not least, Cameron Diaz likes to follow Brentford, whoever they are

I never knew Dalton took an interest in soccer, it was a bigger shock than Craig actually, I just didn't think he was the type maybe

Dont know where you are getting youre info from but I would be quietly confident that a lot of it is bogus.

The idea of Honor Blackman heading up Bigg Market post match singing 'howay the lads' is priceless and the idea that Cameron Diaz has ever been spotted at Griffin Park munching on a steak and kidney pie is equally preposterous.

The Queen has absolutely no interest in football and has happily passed over cup presenting duties to William who for some unfathomable reason claims to be a Villa fan.

I'm sure it probably happens in the states as well but you get a lot of people claiming they like the game to try and make themselves more popular with the public. The likes of Cameron and Blair are the worst offenders. Both never been to a match in their lives that didnt involve prawn sandwiches and having the rules explained to them as they went along. Fair play to Mandelson and Alastair Campbell though I've seen them at quite a few matches when the cameras werent on them.

Dalts hails from that way so he could well be a Derby fan. I like to imagine him in the 60s popping up from RADA on a staurday to cheer Kevin Hector hitting the onion bag in the glory days of Cloughie.

I would safely say that Sir Rog is not a fan but I'm sure I read somewhere that Sean had trials for the scum during the Busby babes era and Matt Busby actually offered him a contract but he turned it down because he thought acting would be a longer career. Theres a career choice for you - top flight footballer alongside Best, Charlton and Law or play James Bond. Some guys are just born lucky I guess.

If you need some guidance Baltimore its actually called football (soccer is guaranteed to wind people up this side of the pond) and if you stick with Daniel Craig and follow the red men you wont go far wrong.