Tom Hardy wants to be next Bond with Nolan directing

edited March 2012 in News Posts: 56
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2117511/Tom-Hardy-wants-role-007-Christopher-Nolan-direct.html

Easily the best replacement for Dan when the time comes IMO - and the right age - to cut in when he's early 40's

Whatyareckon?

Comments

• RC7RC7
    Too small to be Bond unfortunately.
    not too sure on this? Need to see more films with him in?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Nolan yes, Hardy no.
    Tom hardy, good actor, not good Bond.
    Nolan perfect director, for anything... so:
    Nolan yes, Hardy no.

RC7 is correct. Hardy is even shorter than Craig.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Nolan won't direct so that's this one out the way.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Well, I'm betting that if Nolan takes over Bond, we'll get one every four years while he makes a half dozen other movies in between, we'll only get three movies, they'll all be two-and-a-half hours long, Q will be played by Morgan Freeman with M being either Gary Oldman or Michael Caine. In fact, I bet this'll be the future cast of the Nolan Bond Trilogy:

James Bond TOM HARDY
    M MICHAEL CAINE or GARY OLDMAN
    Q MORGAN FREEMAN
    Moneypenny MAGGIE GYLLENHAAL or KATIE HOLMES
    Villain 1 LIAM NEESON
    Villain 2 AARON ECKHART
    Villain 3 CHRISTIAN BALE

Villain 3 is Christian Bale because Tom Hardy is Bond. It's a switch up. It'll be filmed primarily in Chicago, the gadgets will at least be realistic, the bad guys will want nothing more than take over whatever version of London exists in Chicago (which, I guarantee you, has an El Train that leads directly to the city's water supply)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Hardy's lips are so not Bond. Sorry but Hardy doesn't look a thing like Bond... too rugged, more so than Craig. And he's small.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,894
    ^ I was going to say the complete opposite about Hardy, that he comes of as fey, and that I have trouble seeing this fella walk out of a fight (rather than crawl).
  • tqbtqb
    If nolan were to direct, EON would probably force him to finally use a second unit.
    I like hardy though can't see him as bond, a bond villain yes. I suspect Nolan will direct a bond movie at some point, his movie's are full of bond references.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    tqb wrote:
    If nolan were to direct, EON would probably force him to finally use a second unit.

Force him to use a second unit? He'd probably give up half his salary just to keep his habit of only one unit.
    I can see hardy as bond, but I care more about nolan directing than him starring.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    According to IMDB, Craig and Hardy are the same height.

The computer says....Yes! Hardy would have to loose some body-builer muscles and gain some swimmer muscles instead. Then he should stop looking overly cool (a problem with Craig too). When those assignments are done (which I think they could be as my impressions of Hardy is that he is a good actor, just like Craig) it is all downhill. Regarding Nolan there is not even an question mark. That guy is in my opinion the most talented director since...well, maybe the most talented ever. And he would hopefully (I think he would) show respect to the Bond franchise and keeping the good bits. Maybe back to basics and books.
  • DiscoVolanteDiscoVolante Stockholm, Sweden
    edited March 2012 Posts: 1,347
    I think Hardy's a really good actor, especially in Warrior.

But as Bond? Nah, not sure about that.
    Hardy as Bond is an interesting suggestion, however I am not sure he looks right for the part.

Daniel Craig is not done yet and I for one am glad for that. Love his version of 007.

Christopher Nolan directing bond....YES PLEASE!!! That would be F A B U L O U S! That would be one hell of an anticipated Bond film.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    With this beard, I will let him be Bond any day! Make it a period piece... starring the 1875 James Bond.

article-2117511-122A2DA8000005DC-527_468x692.jpg
    I see beards are the hot topic of 2012 on MI6Community...........
    That is probably the grossest beard I've ever seen. Look at the neck! Better yet.. don't. Thats not sexy, not O N E bit.
    Really pressed for time but I remember debating about this Hardy character before, and bottom line is I don't think he's suitable. I saw him once in that Bronson release, and then there was talk about having him as a future Bond candidate?, I thought automatically, No thank you. Ok he may well have put on some weight for that particular role but he looked like three Daniel Craigs in one person, and I took an instant dislike to the very idea

Furthermore, and seeing as the inevitable Bond Beards comes to the fore once again, I must state I have recently shaved off a full beard, well someone did mention Beards again.. But Hardy as 007?, No, I hope it never sees the light of day
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2012 Posts: 13,350
    DarthDimi wrote:
    With this beard, I will let him be Bond any day! Make it a period piece... starring the 1875 James Bond.

article-2117511-122A2DA8000005DC-527_468x692.jpg

I know it's mean but that picture looks as if someone pasted a random mismatching haircut and beard onto Hardy. LOL!

=))

The look doesn't really suit him in my opinion.

Oh yeah! I'm going for the Brosnan beard, as seen during the opening of DAD, myself. ;-) The girlfriend doesn't like it very much though but now... NOW I can show her this picture! I swear, beards are so back in vogue! ;-)

like it. yes please to Tom and Chris.

Y'see, I wanted to do a "A Few Good Men" thing and be Jack Nicholson shouting "You can't handle the beard!" but I couldn't think of a proper set up.
  • QsAssistantQsAssistant All those moments lost in time... like tears in rain
    Nolan would be great but Hardy... has the look (minus the beard) but doesn't have the personality.
    Idris elbra should be the next bond, but hardy would be good enough. I would love to see noan direct though.
    Going for that black Bond debate again, are we?
    DarthDimi wrote:
    Going for that black Bond debate again, are we?

Calm down Dimi..... it's not a big deal that someone wants a black Bond...... ;))
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    A Simple word for Hardy: NO!
This discussion has been closed.