The Deleted Scenes Thread

X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
edited March 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,635
The thread is to talk about the deleted scenes from general Bond movies, and if they should or not be in the respective movies.

This is a group of deleted scenes from GE.

And this, from CR.

Comments

• SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Good they deleted them! That opening scene was particularly depressing.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    How sad. The Valentin scene was brilliant and so well acted by both Robbie and the Pakistani man. A shame it was scrapped.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401

I really think this should have been in the film.
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave
    Dr_Metz wrote:

I really think this should have been in the film.

That scene was bloody interesting :)
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    Plus, it has quite Bond style. GE could be a lot better than it is if this scene was on it.
  • I just like the scenes between Eva and Daniel. That opening would have been cataclysmic though. :-O I'm glad they cut it out.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I just like the scenes between Eva and Daniel. That opening would have been cataclysmic though. :-O I'm glad they cut it out.
    Why are we discussing Eva and Dan in a GE discussion??
  • X3MSonicXX3MSonicX https://www.behance.net/gallery/86760163/Fa-Posteres-de-007-No-Time-To-Die
    edited March 2012 Posts: 2,635
    I just like the scenes between Eva and Daniel. That opening would have been cataclysmic though. :-O I'm glad they cut it out.

Now actually is a general Bond's "Deleted Scenes" Thread lol
    X3MSonicX wrote:

Oh, my mistake. Sorry @TrueMiracle85 for my confusion.
    No problem hehe, it happens.

The scene that i thought really useless, actually.. was the CR, where Bond is being taken to the Hospital Wouldn't add nothin to the film, But drama.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    X3MSonicX wrote:

The scene that i thought really useless, actually.. was the CR, where Bond is being taken to the Hospital Wouldn't add nothin to the film, But drama.

I would have liked a much quicker version of that scene, personally. That way, it would have added something. You could then trim the film - or better just remove the final action scene - altogether.
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

You are correct sir. And not the cool kind of drama either. #:-S
  • X3MSonicX wrote:

No worries, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 :)>-
    Glad GE guard house scene was cut! That was grim!
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    RogueAgent wrote:
    It felt kind of like a Halloween film scene, where Michael brushes past the characters in the background and cuts the power. Lol.
    :))
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 401
    RogueAgent wrote:
    It felt kind of like a Halloween film scene, where Michael brushes past the characters in the background and cuts the power. Lol.
    It's called "being stealthy". You know, what spies are supposed to be?
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:
    It's called "being stealthy". You know, what spies are supposed to be?

No, they are supposed to be invisible. I'm just giving my opinion on the film's deleted scene, and I'm glad that one was cut. It doesn't fit and GE is better starting with the dam jump.
    No, they are supposed to be invisible.
    WHICH IS ESSENTIALLY BEING STEALTHY.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I'm so glad those GE scenes were deleted from the final film. I doubt they would have helped us in any way. Instead, we would have missed our great opening on the dam.
    DarthDimi wrote:
    I'm so glad those GE scenes were deleted from the final film. I doubt they would have helped us in any way. Instead, we would have missed our great opening on the dam.
    The guard house scene lead up to the dam jump.

• DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    Dr_Metz wrote:
    DarthDimi wrote:
    The guard house scene lead up to the dam jump.

Sure, we'd get there eventually, but I don't want any change to the sequence as we have it now:

1) GB
    2) Opening shot over the dam
    3) Gate opening, thunderous score playing, Bond running

This sequence builds momentum, its kinetic energy is what makes it so great. The guard house scene would not have managed to do that.
    edited March 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Dr_Metz wrote:

If you have to be stealthy at a point in time that means you are doing so because you are making the effort to avoid being found, while if you are invisible you have no need to be stealthy for none will search you out. Again, pointless to even argue over this.
  • edited March 2012 Posts: 132
    I saw these AVTAK off cuts for the first time the other day. I think it's always the same though. I find the concept of deleted Bond scenes exciting, then I watch them and realise why they were cut :-)

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8oqRGxcC4A?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8oqRGxcC4A?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
    Dr_Metz wrote:

If you have to be stealthy at a point in time that means you are doing so because you are making the effort to avoid being found, while if you are invisible you have no need to be stealthy for none will search you out. Again, pointless to even argue over this.

Yep! Why the arguement? lol! If you cannot have a differing view on a DELETED scene which the film makers decided was not right either? What's this forum coming too? :))
    I saw these AVTAK off cuts for the first time the other day. I think it's always the same though. I find the concept of deleted Bond scenes exciting, then I watch them and realise why they were cut :-)

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8oqRGxcC4A?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T8oqRGxcC4A?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0"; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

The reference to FRWL in the police house was a little tacky but i did laugh with the lighter gag!
    Lots of these are indeed fun to see- but yes, they were also deleted for a reason. The only Bond movie I can think of that would have benefited from having the deleted scenes intact is Diamonds Are Forever

*I do rather like the deleted opening of GoldenEye, with Bond in the shadows. If Dalton was still Bond, that would have felt right at home! But as it stands, I rather like the pacing of the GoldenEye PTS. I like how it just opens with Bond running to the dam- we know he's about to kick some ass and do an incredible stunt; the perfect opening for a Bond movie!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Lon Chaney Snr in Phantom of the Opera
    439x.jpg

John Glen, James Bond director
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQcrRKZgcsFUslbaTUxvrLJlH5rOuAOqJX0tEBFT4qSlZqkwPA1

seperated at birth?
    ^ DYK; The phantom of the Opera was so terrifying (In its day) they had to hand smelling salts out to theaters. They used it on ladies that fainted on the unmasking bit.
    Just thinking,

There was an ending shot for Quantum, where Bond attacks Guy Haines' estate, kills Mr. White, and questions Haines. You think this will come back as the PTS to B24?

I think it'd be interesting. A great torture scene to start the film, Mr White's death, and staying in line with the events of Quantum. Its already been shot, and for some reason the PRODUCERS chose not to use it. You think they're saving it? Or do you think Mr White will ever return, after Jesper Christensen comments that were supposedly 'misquoted'.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2012 Posts: 10,512
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Just thinking,

There was an ending shot for Quantum, where Bond attacks Guy Haines' estate, kills Mr. White, and questions Haines. You think this will come back as the PTS to B24?

I think it'd be interesting. A great torture scene to start the film, Mr White's death, and staying in line with the events of Quantum. Its already been shot, and for some reason the PRODUCERS chose not to use it. You think they're saving it? Or do you think Mr White will ever return, after Jesper Christensen comments that were supposedly 'misquoted'.

The only time (if at all) we'll see this will be on a future release of the film on Blu-ray after Craig has departed the role.

To answer your question, if Quantum were to return (highly unlikely in my opinion) my belief is that they'd take on a new angle and reference but not feature White.