Hello everyone. I'm sure this topic has been done before but I'm brand new here so I thought I'd offer some controversial opinons to "shake things up" as M might say. Please feel free to harshly disagree with the following:
1. I love AVTAK, including the "California Girls" moment. The rest of the PTS is very serious so I love this little moment of absurdity. Also, Max Zorin is probably my favorite Bond villain after Red Grant.
2. Jaws is a bad character in BOTH MR (of course) AND TSWLM. He's terrifying in his introduction when he smiles at Stromberg, as well as during the murder of Fekkesh (which is one of the most disturbing death scenes in the entire series, mainly because it has a long, ominous build up) but after that he becomes a complete buffoon and every fight scene he is in with Bond is slow, boring, and poses no threat because we always know that BOTH of them will be okay. I know most people like Jaws in TSWLM but I think he's disappointing in both films.
3. QOS is the worst Bond movie of all time. I didn't think any movie would remove TMWTGG from that spot but Marc Foster managed to do just that. Horrible editing, uninteresting story...the list goes on. I almost felt like crying in my seat in the theater in November of 2008.
4. LTK is a great Bond film. Everything works here: the bare bones plot, the villainy, Dalton, incredible action sequences.
5. The ski stunt in TSWLM is overrated. I'm not saying it isn't impressive but I don't think it is the best stunt in the series, as many people seem to believe. Mainly, it didn't require any great precision, like the car jump in TMWTGG. I think that even a somewhat forgotten stunt like the car in Paris driving across the back of the bus is technically much more impressive.
6. Another Bond film in my top seven would be TND. I think it is easily Brosnan's best (although GE is very good, too). It is one of the most entertaining Bond movies and one I can watch again and again.
7. While I don't consider NSNA an actual Bond film I find Rowan Atkinson hilarious and one of the few high points of the movie.
Well, there you have it. Feel free to trample all over this. :)