The Raid/The Raid 2: Berandal

124»

Comments

If it's not your sort of film then fair enough, it's pure action and that's not for everyone

I like pure action as long as the action scenes are interesting. The action scenes of 'The Raid' are very repetitive and unimpressive and flat. The 'Mad Dog' character saved the movie from a total disaster. He should have been the main protagonist instead of the cliche pretty boy.

I thought the fast paced, brutal, amazingly coreographed fight scenes were anything but unimpressive and flat.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited April 2014 Posts: 4,043
    If it's not your sort of film then fair enough, it's pure action and that's not for everyone

I like pure action as long as the action scenes are interesting. The action scenes of 'The Raid' are very repetitive and unimpressive and flat. The 'Mad Dog' character saved the movie from a total disaster. He should have been the main protagonist instead of the cliche pretty boy.

I thought the fast paced, brutal, amazingly coreographed fight scenes were anything but unimpressive and flat.

Also I'd to see what action films Panchito thinks are better, this puts to shame most of the U.S action films of the last 20 years and The Raid 2 is then some.

Uwais is anything but dull and really up's his game in part 2.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The film will be released on blu-ray and DVD on July 8th, 2014:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14015

Unfortunately, no theaters nearby released it, but I'll most certainly be buying it day one.
  • edited May 2014 Posts: 12,837
    I thought it was amazing. I don't think it worked as well as the first because the plot is a bit too complex for it's own good (didn't work as well as the simple, bare bones plot of the first) but fair play to Evans for trying something different.

Anyway, while the story wasn't great, the action was AMAZING. The fight scenes in this movie were mind blowing. The car chase was epic and then there's the prison fight, etc. Jaw dropping stuff. I think it even beats the first one when it comes to action.

This is how sequels should be done. Don't just do the same thing ( @Shardlake mentioned Die Hard 2 which is fair enough, but I think a better example is the Marvel movies), try to do something different while still keeping what made the first one brilliant.

So while the story wasn't amazing, the action more than makes up for it and I thought it was as fantastic as the first film.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Figure I'll post this here.

Taylor Kitsch has been offered the leading role in the remake of 'The Raid':

http://bit.ly/1pzxxNS
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Hahahahahahahahaha

Hollywood...