Memorable Villian Deaths

edited February 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 2,341
This may be morbid but I wanted your opinions.
Since the bad guys always think Bond should die a memorable death it is funny how they end up dying in unique fashion. With the exception of Elektra and Scaramanga (who get the mercible bullet) the villians die "really cool" deaths.
I had a school chum who thought Dr No's death was so cool. he really got off on seeing the doctor trying to claw his way back up that ramp as it sunk into the reactor pool. He even drew a comic strip and killed his villian in similiar fashion.

That being said, what are you favorite vilian deaths? which ones "made your day?"

My two favs:
I always liked Kamal Khan's being killed in that plane crash in OP
Sanchez, after all the mayhem of LTK really had me howling.

Comments

Sanchez was a great kill! The one that makes me smile and laugh is Kananga and the shart capsule! =))
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 562
    RogueAgent wrote:
    ...the shart capsule! =))

One of the funniest typos I've seen all day. ;)

Another great death scene was that of Graves in DAD. Quite satisfying and a relief because you know that once the villain dies, the movie is nearly over.

Agent005 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

oops! lol! Never mind! ;))
    Agent005 wrote:
    RogueAgent wrote:

Another great death scene was that of Graves in DAD. Quite satisfying and a relief because you know that once the villain dies, the movie is nearly over.

:)) The comment about DAD...priceless
    Alec Trevelyan, Xenia Onatopp, Rosa Klebb, Red Grant, Karl Stromberg, Franz Sanchez, Dario, Milton Krest, Elektra King, Dr. Kaufman, Dr. Kananga, and Scaramanga are some of the ones I'd remember for a long time.
  • Helps if you look at each film from the start and onwards etc

Dr No - possibly Julius No himself, but doubtful
    FRWL - Kronsteen possibly, but then again, it wasn't much
    GF - Auric himself, but it was plain stupid than anything else
    TB - Volpe gets shot in the back dancing with Bond
    YOLT - Helga Brandt and 'Hans' most likely
    OHMSS - nothing stands out and the main bad guys survive even
    DAD - The Kidd and Wint team without question
    LALD - Nothing stands out, the Kotto exit is best not talked about
    TMWTGG - Nothing of mention
    TSWLM - Stromberg surely and Naomi in the chopper
    Moonraker - Chang falls through window, Drax takes a giant step for mankind
    FYEO - Emile Leopold Locque car off cliffs
    Octopussy - The three intruders at the Octopussy Island, Gobinda falls off 'plane
    AVTAK - Zorin off the Golden Gate
    Daylights - Whitaker beaten by Wellington
    LTK - Dario in cocaine grinder, Krest in the chamber, Ed Killifer, Sanchez
    Goldeneye - none worthy of mention, Boris possibly
    TND - as above
    TWINE - Renard gets an impaling
    DAD - Gustav probably, Frost too gets a mention
    CR- Lechiffre most likely
    QOS - I'll say Greene
    ^ Eh, 006's death is pretty memorable. 'AHHHHHH'
    If bond killed Mr. White that would easily be the top.... BUT HE DIDN'T!

So...

Travalen, No,Sanchez, Greene, Kananga, The pilot in MR, Zorin to name a few.

• echoecho 007 in New York
    Virage wrote:
    The pilot in MR

Yes!

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited February 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Definitely Grant and Bond killing Dent in DN is pure Connery Bond. His two best kills by far. Very memorable.
  • It's getting late now but does anyone take issue with the teaser from Moonraker, the girl pulls a pistol on Bond, Moore pulls a face, he seems a bit too phlegmatic in the face of such danger, and it was such a small airplane, so where was a behemoth like Jaws hiding on board the whole time before he appeared, it spoils one of the best PTS of the entire series, not to mention the fall on Big Top to 'circus music'
    It's getting late now but does anyone take issue with the teaser from Moonraker, the girl pulls a pistol on Bond, Moore pulls a face, he seems a bit too phlegmatic in the face of such danger, and it was such a small airplane, so where was a behemoth like Jaws hiding on board the whole time before he appeared, it spoils one of the best PTS of the entire series, not to mention the fall on Big Top to 'circus music'

Excellent question! My guess is he was in the bathroom, if they even had a bathroom on that Apollo jet. Another question regarding the PTS is whatever happened to the plane hostess? Did she not get a parachute and jump out?

• Whitaker, Zorin, & Locque are my top 3 deaths.

Whitaker, Zorin, & Locque are my top 3 deaths.

I can tell that you like Brad Whitaker obviously, and I'm not trying to criticize here, please don't take it as such, but did you really think his death was that good? I for one thought he deserved a bigger, more climatic death than a simple statue falling on him.
  • I get where your coming from & if the writers had given more thought for this character then yes I say give him a better send off.

He had many more weapons at his disposal that sadly never got used. An extra 3/4 minutes perhaps with more rooms being used may have been better?

I don't suppose you know how heavy the statue was meant to be?

• It was a nice idea (The Whitaker demise) but the ending as I've just elaborated on, is over in very quick time, Dalton doesn't work up much of a sweat in winning even, just blows a whistle, and crash - Mr Whitaker meets his Waterloo

It could of been so much better. A bit of a black mark on an otherwise classic James Bond story

We don't know how heavy the statue was @Whitaker1987 but rest assured, if it were to fall on any of us from a great height, we would surely feel it so to speak

It would be more painful than watching Die Another Day on a continuation loop, put it that way

• I guess heavy statues & glass don't mix when slammed against? Glass implales too.
    I guess heavy statues & glass don't mix when slammed against? Glass implales too.

Right, I'm definitely not saying that it was an unfeasable death, I'm justs saying that he should have been given a cooler death. I do agree with your previous post that 3 or four more minutes was needed, and more rooms with his weapons would have been really awesome. I would have liked for the fight to have gone outside after a little while, and maybe have Whitaker end up dead in that pool from earlier in the movie.
    00Beast wrote:
    It's getting late now but does anyone take issue with the teaser from Moonraker, the girl pulls a pistol on Bond, Moore pulls a face, he seems a bit too phlegmatic in the face of such danger, and it was such a small airplane, so where was a behemoth like Jaws hiding on board the whole time before he appeared, it spoils one of the best PTS of the entire series, not to mention the fall on Big Top to 'circus music'

Excellent question! My guess is he was in the bathroom, if they even had a bathroom on that Apollo jet. Another question regarding the PTS is whatever happened to the plane hostess? Did she not get a parachute and jump out?

I reckon the girl parachuted and the scene ended up on the cutting room floor (not a first for Bond editing!)
    As for Jaws, he must spend a lot of time in the bathroom. Waiting and doing things that I won't even think about)

@Baltimore_007
    The Kotto death always bothered me. I mean it is not possible for a body to inflate like that and then bust like a hot air baloon. You would get more of the Krest effect I would think?? I did not appreciate the way the filmmakers sent Kananga off. it was as if they were poking fun at the actor/character. You decide. ...

• DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Well, Kananga's death for sure is the most laughable. Goldfinger's death might be realistic. but why did Bond not get sucked out of the planes as well? BTW, did anyone notice the third passenger on board the Airforce One?
    I guess Bond did not get sucked out because after the compartment depressurized then all was good. It would be cold as heck and the air would be kinda thin....

Yes, I noticed the third passenger in the movie. I guess he was a technician or makeup artist or some dip shytt. Anyway another sloppy job at editing on a Bond film (come on Peter Hunt!)
  • And why didn't Frobe get wedged in the window, the size of him, look at the windows on the above clip, far too small to have a rhino like Goldfinger sucked out, he should of been stuck half way through, that would of been something to see

I hadn't noticed the other guy on the plane before, I assumed it was merely Connery Frobe and Blackman on board and no-one else, could be one of those 'Three men and a baby' paranormal episodes you'll remember with scary extras

Bond Mystery #23 by the way, how does a jet travelling from Kentucky to DC manage to crash into the Ocean?, did they take the scenic route ?

It's not logical Mr Spock
    @OHMSS69 and @DoctorKaufmann: I've been told that the third passenger was just one of Goldfinger's many low-level thugs, this one sent to help hijack Air Force One. In fact, right after Goldfinger gets sucked out and Bond goes to the cockpit to get Miss Galore, you can see one of Goldfinger's guards laying down on the floor unconscience, so I'm assuming that it was the third passenger we saw. He probably bumped his head during the depressurizing and fell to the floor. Anyway, the GF climax is the pinnacle of bad editing! I'm sure that there was some sort of mini-fight between this random thug and Bond, which ended up on the editing room floor unfortunately.
    Bond Mystery #23 by the way, how does a jet travelling from Kentucky to DC manage to crash into the Ocean?, did they take the scenic route ?

It's not logical Mr Spock

Doesn't he say to Bond they aren't going to Washington? Or is that a false memory of mine. Haven't seen the film in ages. Plus, it could have been a lake.. even though its clearly an ocean, but maybe it was supposed to be a lake.

The land they're on doesn't necessarily scream island, but really there's no logic behind Bond films. Cant expect an audience in England to think too hard about the US's geography.
  • They are going to have dinner at the White House, that's where the president lives in Washington as we know, it's only a short flight from the two so I don't understand where the ocean bit comes into it, from a recent viewing it appears to be a sea of some kind rather than a lake, but the latter makes more plausible reading, Bond and Blackman both get down on dry land anyway so someone's going wrong somewhere

As said, it's only pedants like myself that take issue with these things, Yes it's irregular, but 99 per cent of people aren't going to make such a thing of it or think 'that's not right' etc, they will invariably concentrate on the action rather than geographical oddities
    One that always struck me as being pretty cool, even though it was so regular, was Kristatos' death in FYEO. I love how he whipped out his knife and was ready for the kill, but at the last second, Colombo saves the day by throwing his knife into Kristatos' back. Again, not a "memorable" death you might say, but it's a favorite of mine.
    "I had a school chum who thought Dr No's death was so cool. he really got off on seeing the doctor trying to claw his way back up that ramp as it sunk into the reactor pool"

A few of my university mates thought so too when we watched DN in the Cinema when it was released in 1962.
    3. - Kananga blown up from the inside by a compressed air bullet
    2. - Goldfinger sucked out the window of his private jet
    1. - Blofeld dropped from a helicopter down a factory smok-stack
  • KerimKerim Istanbul Not Constantinople
    edited April 2012 Posts: 2,629
    DN: Mechanical hands are usually handy (ooh nice pun) except when climbing out of nuclear waste.
    FRWL: Mr Grant, Sean Connery in 2012 is really an old man.
    GF: Positively shocking, can't believe Oddjob fell for the bladed bowler in a gilded cage trick.
    TB: Domino correctly points out Vargas.
    YOLT: The piranhas loved the taste of Helga's sauerkraut.
    OHMSS: Since the main villains survived, I'll say the henchman that skiied off the cliff.
    DAF: Bond giving Wint the Wedgie of Death
    LALD: Kananga's overinflated head got the better of him.
    TMWTGG: Shoot at the dummy! Shoot at the dummy!
    TSWLM: Namoi knew where to position herself for Bond's heat-seeking missile.
    MR: With apologies to Peter Schilling; "Floating weightless, Drax isn't coming home".
    FYEO: Bond unlocques Emile's auto from the edge of the cliff.
    OP: Sorry Orlov, you didn't die a Soviet hero.
    AVTAK: To this day I still cheer when May Day blows herself up.
    TLD: How rude of Timbo to boot Vargas off the flight.
    LTK: Who knew that Robert Davi was flaming.
    GE: Alec should have stuck with his cable plan.
    TND: Johnathan Pryce was bored to death.
    TWINE: Renard's impalement was no big whoop. Not like he was going to live on anyways.
    DAD: "Time to face gravity" is still a better line than "Read this b***h".
    CR: Note to everyone who plans to blow up an airplane in the future, always check your belt loops first before activating cell phone.
    QOS: Lovely, Medrano is now ashes. Now Bolivia has to find another dictator.
    Excellent list @Kerim!