Tom Jones sings TB + video tribute for 50 years of 007 at tonight's BAFTAS

DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
edited February 2012 in Bond Movies Posts: 15,686
Just finished watching the BAFTAs on the BBC, and the show started with Tom Jones singing TB while a tribute to the Bond franchise was shown on the tv screens.....

Well the tribute was basicly a worshipping of Connery and Craig, with a bit of Brosnan and Moore, one (1) single shot of Lazenby and nothing from Dalton's era.....

I hope this part of the ceremony will get posted on youtube...

And Berenice Marlohe and Naomie Harris presented an award together too.

Comments

Already discussed here:

http://www.mi6community.com/index.php?p=/discussion/2530/news-tidbits/p2#Item_51

But I suppose the BAFTAs may garner enough discussion for its own thread.
    It airs in an hour and a half here in the states.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
    They just aired it over here in the U.S.. They had a few Dalton clips, his intro in TLD, his "compliments of Sharky" moment and the "few optional extras installed" scene during the ice chase.
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 12,837
    this was the higlight of the show (I was glad they showed alot of dalton), I hated the rest. I was really disapointed that drive didn't win anything while the artist won a ton of awards. Should've expected it I suppose. Steven fry wasn't a bad host though, he was no ricky gervais, but he was still funny.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    video can be seen here

http://tomjonesintl.com/go/news/
    it was a pleasant surprise which i certainly fully appreciated! :D
  • gt007gt007 Station G
    Thanks for the video, @doubleoego.

Nice tribute.

Also nice to see all those people enjoying Bond.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No problem. Yeah it was great seeing Bond being recognized and appreciated by the hollywood elite and the such like.
  • PrinceKamalKhanPrinceKamalKhan Monsoon Palace, Udaipur
  • edited February 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Wow! Tom Jones has got to be one of the world's all time great singers. He belts out TB as well as he did 47 years ago. Amazing. Very appropriate that Jones was called on to sing the theme for the biggest Bond of them all, in the 50th anniversary year. Spine tingling stuff.
    IMO Jones' TB is on par with both Bassey's GF and DAF as the greatest Bond title themes of them all.
    The TB lyrics represent probably, the best title song tribute to the agent himself.
  • An amazing performance and a fine way of kicking off the Bond 50 celebration.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited February 2012 Posts: 13,350
    timmer wrote:
    The TB lyrics represent probably, the best title song tribute to the agent himself.

There was a thread not too long ago about who the lyrics actually refer to...if only I could find it.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    timmer wrote:

There was a thread not too long ago about who the lyrics actually refer to...if only I could find it.

Yeah, I always thought it was about Largo, in the same vein as the Goldfinger lyric. But looking it over, it actually makes sense for it to be about Bond.

• edited February 2012 Posts: 4,622
    Samuel001 wrote:
    timmer wrote:

maybe you could spin the lyrical interpretation any number of ways, but it works quite well as an homage to the agent himself.

While Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was intended to be the theme for Thunderball (and I prefer it); I love Thunderball (both the song and the film) and I'm glad Tom Jones did it justice.
    Volante wrote:
    While Mr Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was intended to be the theme for Thunderball (and I prefer it); I love Thunderball (both the song and the film) and I'm glad Tom Jones did it justice.

I prefer Bassey's to Warwick's..

*runs for cover*
  • Love the shot of a smiling Fassbender at the end. He is on record as wanting the part after Craig.