Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    @Sandy is right. There were more than a few moments where action overlook reality, very un-Bourne as we have come to expect.

Every time I think that though my mind going back to Bourne flying down the stairs at the end of number one.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Samuel001 wrote:
    @Sandy is right. There were more than a few moments where action overlook reality, very un-Bourne as we have come to expect.

Every time I think that though my mind going back to Bourne flying down the stairs at the end of number one.

Yes, that feels out of place, I agree.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:

There's been an odd over the top moment in every Bourne film though, this is nothing new is what I am trying to say. I just hope you're not picking holes in this Brady, at least not yet. Who knows what will happen after it's release.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited May 2012 Posts: 28,694
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

There's been an odd over the top moment in every Bourne film though, this is nothing new is what I am trying to say. I just hope you're not picking holes in this Brady, at least not yet. Who knows what will happen after it's release.

I'm not. I'll judge it when I see it. Just out of curiosity, what are your OTT moments for Supremacy and Ultimatum?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited May 2012 Posts: 15,686
    in Ultimatum I'd say when Bourne's car gets sideways on the wall, hits the bigger wall and slides back unto the road..... and in Supremacy I'd say when Bourne rams the bad guy's car into the barrier in Moscow.....
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Samuel001 wrote:

I'm not. I'll judge it when I see it. Just out of curiosity, what are your OTT moments for Supremacy and Ultimatum?

The very end of the final car chase from Supremacy springs to mind and so much of Ultimatum I can't remember but I'm sure I could list quite a number, I promise.

I should really rewatch them at some stage before the new one comes out.
    in Ultimatum I'd say when Bourne's car gets sideways on the wall, hits the bigger wall and slides back unto the road..... and in Supremacy I'd say when Bourne rams the bad guy's car into the barrier in Moscow.....

Not quite sure what you mean for Ultimatum, but the Supremacy stunt and a lot of the vehicle stunts were done for real.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."

Not quite sure what you mean for Ultimatum, but the Supremacy stunt and a lot of the vehicle stunts were done for real.

In New-York, when the villain pushes Bourne's car onto the concrete wall/barrier.

In New-York, when the villain pushes Bourne's car onto the concrete wall/barrier.

That was done for real. Sorry, are we debating whether they are realistic, or survivable? Realistic for the most part, but survivable...unlikely.
    edited May 2012 Posts: 13,350

Done for real but I doubt it was physically possible. The editing doesn't help me either. The two most recent films have editing that I'm not found of.

It's all, very much about quick thinking in these films, almost too quick for my liking. Well, they were science projects...maybe that explains it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    But climbing a vertical wall without hands? That's just too much!
    Sandy wrote:

And jumping from a tall height, landing on a policeman, and succumb him without injury to yourself.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    Sandy wrote:

And jumping from a tall height, landing on a policeman, and succumb him without injury to yourself.

I can live with that. Highly improbable, OTT, but still more or less ok by me. Spider-Bourne is a bit more painful to endure.
    Sandy wrote:
    Sandy wrote:

I can live with that. Highly improbable, OTT, but still more or less ok by me. Spider-Bourne is a bit more painful to endure.

That's not too much, but using your feet to get a significant reach on a wall to climb it is? That's propable, the former isn't. At least without injury.
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Damon and Renner may team up in the next one.

This film looks to perhaps even take place during the timeframe of the last one, so more so a sequel than a spin-off. How thinking it's one or the other can effect one's enjoyment, I have no idea...

I love how they're not hiding the past, but incorporating it. I love how aware Renner's character is of Bourne, and it looks as though he poses at him for a time in the trailer.

The stunts look excellent, the jumping into the narrow walkway and the bike sliding down the stairs was indeed extremely impressive.

It's what Empire would call a 'side-qual' I would presume. Same universe, the same events are/have happened with some of the same characters returning, but a new story.
    Sandy wrote:

Yes but didn't they mention he was a science expiriment. I think they suggested that by
    changing his chromosomes he can be super human. Don't they say they changed his chromosomes in the trailer? Have to re-watch, brb.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 9,738
    I can't see a Bourne Movie without Bourne/Damon doing much damage at the Box Office, I amy be way off the mark with this prediction but I can see this new start of the franchise being nothing more than a one off flop!

I can I hate to say it as I'm sure I will be bood and hissed at but this is the first bourne film I might actually want to see.

On the topic of Renner he is in my opinion one of the few actors I'd gladly let play either Macgyver or batman.
  • edited June 2012 Posts: 12,837
    This looks really good. The more I watch the trailer the less I miss Damon.
    This looks really good. The more I watch the trailer the less I miss Damon.

:O You must be cleansed.
    william_tyndale.jpg
    >:)
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited June 2012 Posts: 4,416
    New American Tv Spot

The trailer look like it yuse to much of Green with a litle bit of grain, this tv spot there at to much blue. But tv spot finaly mabey a litle bit of simalar with the first movie.
    M_Balje wrote:
    Universal broke Bourne rule and release the movie 14 days earlier then in the first place, Where Sony/MGM broke the November/December rule with Bond September always be month of release the Bourne movie released. The old release date whas 13 September, new Dutch release date is 30 August 2012. Mabey it wil re-correct again close to the release.

And it is re-correct, the movie get his Dutch release on 13 September 2012.
    Silly question perhaps by why not make another Jason Bourne film with another actor playing the lead Jason Bourne character? And for those of you saying only Matt Damon can play the role, why?! Bond is played by different actors. Jason Bourne is an interesting character but not in the same league as Bond.
    edited June 2012 Posts: 13,350
    It's to leave the door open for Damon in the future. That's why we have a new character and actor instead. It's also a great opportunity to expand the universe in which the films take place.
    Silly question perhaps by why not make another Jason Bourne film with another actor playing the lead Jason Bourne character? And for those of you saying only Matt Damon can play the role, why?! Bond is played by different actors. Jason Bourne is an interesting character but not in the same league as Bond.
    Who says he isn't? Excluding Sean and Dan's Bonds I'd take Bourne over the rest.
    Who says he isn't? Excluding Sean and Dan's Bonds I'd take Bourne over the rest.

I did. You take Bourne by all means. I'd even take Niven's Bond over Bourne any day of the week. As much as I enjoy the Bourne films they lack the Bond ingredients, the Bond style. Sorry but nobody does it better!

I did. You take Bourne by all means. I'd even take Niven's Bond over Bourne any day of the week. As much as I enjoy the Bourne films they lack the Bond ingredients, the Bond style. Sorry but nobody does it better!

Bourne gets points for not using the Bond ingredients.

Bourne gets points for not using the Bond ingredients.

I see where you are coming from. I guess it is just down to personal taste. As a thriller the Bourne films are right up there no doubt. As a character though Bourne for me lacks the style, class and humour that Bond brings. Bond is a spy / fantasy character with elements of escapism. Bourne is just a man with a memory lapse who's got beef with his ex-employers. Great thrillers but where's the charm?
    You aren't even fully dissecting the character. At least Bourne is more in tune with his characterization in the Ludlum novels, while the film Bond has distanced itself so many times before from Fleming's creation that it's sad.
    You aren't even fully dissecting the character. At least Bourne is more in tune with his characterization in the Ludlum novels, while the film Bond has distanced itself so many times before from Fleming's creation that it's sad.

I was being deliberately dismissive in my appraisal of the Bourne character. Of course he has many more layers and I acknowledge that. Unfortunately I have not read the Ludlum novels but would like to. I assume you are a fan and would recommend? I agree that Bond has strayed often far from Fleming and I am a big fan of the Fleming novels. My favourite Bond films tend to be the ones more faithful to Fleming but I am comfortable with those that are not. For me the movies have taken their own path and different is not always a bad thing.

I was being deliberately dismissive in my appraisal of the Bourne character. Of course he has many more layers and I acknowledge that. Unfortunately I have not read the Ludlum novels but would like to. I assume you are a fan and would recommend? I agree that Bond has strayed often far from Fleming and I am a big fan of the Fleming novels. My favourite Bond films tend to be the ones more faithful to Fleming but I am comfortable with those that are not. For me the movies have taken their own path and different is not always a bad thing.

Read Identity, but I can't recommend Supremacy and Ultimatum. Simply disappointing.
    I'm on the hunt for a 2nd hand copy as we speak.