Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited July 2016 Posts: 23,883
    "I remember. I remember everything now."

That's '6' already. Not much more needs to be said really. Talk is cheap. Bring the action on.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Wow, really? I'm that worried about it, as the Mad Max films always have Rockatansky speak very little, and that doesn't stop him from being an insanely fascinating, watchable character. Bourne in this film seems to be a lot like Max, cut off from his past and letting his actions speak loudest, so I say bring that on.

Come to think of it, he's never really been a talkative character anyway, and most of his dialogue in the first film was with Marie. Pretty silent in Supremacy outside the confrontation with the Russian woman and Abbott, and then Ultimatum had him speaking to Nicky a bit, then at the end to give exposition about his past to the audience when he went back to New York, where it all began. So he really only speaks when it's really, really necessary.
    bondjames wrote: »
    "I remember. I remember everything now."

That's '6' already. Not much more needs to be said really. Talk is cheap. Bring the action on.

@bondjames, that's 6 words, but only 2 lines.
    My mistake @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I misread the original quote by @DaltonCraig007.

As long as Matt isn't grunting like Tom in MM-FR I'll be ok with less speaking and more butt kicking. Most of the talking will probably be done by suits behind monitors at CIA HQ (no doubt bathed in an unexplainable distinct intentional blue hue which will rival SP's yellow haze) anyway.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited July 2016 Posts: 11,139
    ...Complete with some sort of variation of, "Good God...That's Jason Bourne. We're fucked".
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    My mistake @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7. I misread the orginal quote by @DaltonCraig007.

As long as Matt isn't grunting like Tom in MM-FR I'll be ok with less speaking and more butt kicking. Most of the talking will probably be done by suits behind monitors at CIA HQ (no doubt bathed in an unexplainable distinct intentional blue hue which will rival SP's yellow haze) anyway.

I love how they played with Max's voice in Fury Road. They made him gone feral after too much time out in the Wasteland, and his voice's groggy tone was down to the fact that he hasn't spoken out loud in years and has forgotten his own voice, besides the one in his head. As a big Mad Max fan, that really blew my hair back! Miller is an absolute genius.
    @doubleoego @bondjames @Creasy47 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @ClarkDevlin

Apparently, Matt Damon only has
    lines of dialogue in 'Jason Bourne'. Looks like he will let his fighting skills do the talking!

Great. Now I'm going to be counting throughout the whole film. :)>-
    Let us know the result then, @CraigMooreOHMSS ;-).

• CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    boldfinger wrote: »
    @doubleoego @bondjames @Creasy47 @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7 @ClarkDevlin

Apparently, Matt Damon only has
    lines of dialogue in 'Jason Bourne'. Looks like he will let his fighting skills do the talking!

Great. Now I'm going to be counting throughout the whole film. :)>-
    Let us know the result then, @CraigMooreOHMSS ;-).

I'd love to get a gig where I get a million per sentence. I'd never shut my mouth.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Universal wants more Bourne movies, as long as Greengrass and Damon are still alive:

http://www.slashfilm.com/matt-damon-bourne-sequels/#more-364770
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Matt Damon recaps Matt Damon for 'Matt Damon' 'Jason Bourne':

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    So much for Legacy.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited July 2016 Posts: 15,690
    'Jason Bourne is like SPECTRE without any of the good parts. And if you're saying to yourself, "SPECTRE has good parts?" then let me assure you, compared to Jason Bourne it does.'

Wow, clearly this reviewer doesn't like action films. He basically blasts 2 major action franchises in 2 sentences.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, I take it Vincent Cassel plays an assassin who made Bourne's life miserable who also has been his foster brother whom his actual father loved less than the Bourne fellow? ;)
    Not that reviews are the be-all or end-all, nor should they truly inform the public opinion on the movie, but the fact that it's released tomorrow and as of yet there has been no critical buzz is surely a little worrying?
    I suspected that this wouldn't be a 'game changer'. That's fine.

My expectations are quite low and as long as the pacing is fast, Powell delivers on the score, Damon kicks butt & humiliates the Agency, & Moby ends it, then I'll be over the moon.

I just hope it goes down better than 'the big one' from last year, which was a major disappointment for me.
    Ah that's a relief. In fact it has a fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes now which is more cause for celebration.
    Regardless of the reviews I have my ticket booked for tomorrow night and I'm very excited.
    I suspected that this wouldn't be a 'game changer'. That's fine.

My expectations are quite low and as long as the pacing is fast, Powell delivers on the score, Damon kicks butt & humiliates the Agency, & Moby ends it, then I'll be over the moon.

I just hope it goes down better than 'the big one' from last year, which was a major disappointment for me.

From what I have read, the film is a safe bet for you then @bondjames
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It's a shame to see a mixed reaction so far.
    That's excellent news @CraigMooreOHMSS. This is the film that really kicks off the summer season for me, and after nine long years it can't really disappoint as long as I go in realistically.

I'm envious some have a chance to see it tomorrow. Friday for me.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    I would go so far as to suggest hitting the mute button or changing the channel instinctively the moment a Bourne TV spot comes on. You've just got to hope that the channel you switch to isn't showing one of the same TV spots!

-Well, You Know-Jason Bourne is all over the place...(Laughing at the situation..)..!
    I had to change the channel three times yesterday because a Bourne ad came on. Fiddled quickly with the 'mute' button the first time, but by the third I had it down pat and then changed the channel. Still spoiler free (for now)!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    So you don't know about the big song and dance number ? Or the
    Alien's crystal skull ? ;)
    Darn it @Thunderpussy. You've ruined it for me now!

All kidding aside, as long as we don't learn that Marie (from beyond the grave) or Pam Landy were the author of all Bourne's pain then I'll be ok with whatever they throw at us, including a 'Vegas Song and Dance' number.
    It's a problem with many trailers these days, that they just give away too much plot.
    Grace Randolph (Beyond the Trailer), seems to have enjoyed the film quite a bit, which is reassuring given how much she knows what she's talking about when it comes to the film world:
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Grace Randolph favourably compared Snyder to Kubrick so I wouldn't say she's an expert or knows what she's talking about all the time when it comes to film. I don't always agree with some of her views but at times she's bang on the money. However, regarding this new Bourne film, a lot of reviewers don't seem to think much of it but I'll see for myself.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 10,588
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Grace Randolph favourably compared Snyder to Kubrick so I wouldn't say she's an expert or knows what she's talking about all the time when it comes to film. I don't always agree with some of her views but at times she's bang on the money. However, regarding this new Bourne film, a lot of reviewers don't seem to think much of it but I'll see for myself.
    What!? :-O
    Was that Fred Kubrick, who made sex vixens 4 and suckfest 3 ? :D
    Was that Fred Kubrick, who made sex vixens 4 and suckfest 3 ? :D
    That is the only sensible explanation.