Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited May 2016 Posts: 23,883
    doubleoego wrote: »
    "I don't mind being followed around by Jason Bourne. I like Jason Bourne."

I know a couple of actors who could learn a lot from that statement.
    Me too.

This featurette has got me more excited for the film. We get a little more insight into the plot and it's a twist on the usual fare. They all seem confident and so am I. This will 'rock' this July.

I am committed to going dark like Bourne after this snippet. No more trailers or features from now on. My jollies are going to come on opening night.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I wanted to jump into the featurette, but I did say I wouldn't watch anymore after that previous trailer, so I'll be avoiding it. Happy to hear it looks great, though.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited May 2016 Posts: 11,139
    bondjames wrote: »
    doubleoego wrote: »
    "I don't mind being followed around by Jason Bourne. I like Jason Bourne."

I know a couple of actors who could learn a lot from that statement.
    Me too.

This featurette has got me more excited for the film. We get a little more insight into the plot and it's a twist on the usual fare. They all seem confident and so am I. This will 'rock' this July.

I am committed to going dark like Bourne after this snippet. No more trailers or features from now on. My jollies are going to come on opening night.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    I wanted to jump into the featurette, but I did say I wouldn't watch anymore after that previous trailer, so I'll be avoiding it. Happy to hear it looks great, though.

I'll likely watch the next trailer they release then that's it until the film comes out.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @Creasy47, @bondjames, @doubleoego

'Jason Bourne', 'John Wick : Chapter 2' and very possibly 'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' will blow our socks off. And all 3 films come out what, all within a 10 months period? We're going to die from the epicness.

'John Wick: Chapter 2' alone is going to be more than enough to whet my 'Action' appetite. Those other two will be icing on the cake.
    I actually forgot about John Wick 2. We're in for good times ahead.
    It's out February 16th, 2017. I feel like they were filming months ago, so I wouldn't be surprised if that date somehow got moved forward. Can't imagine the post production taking a terribly long time.
    Okay I've just bought The Bourne Legacy in anticipation of Jason Bourne - will I be disappointed?
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    @tanaka123 View it as a somewhat unrelated spin-off to the original trilogy. It is quite disappointing when compared to the Damon films, but its still a fun action film. It's not 'Die hard 5' territory.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Creasy47 wrote: »

Not a big fan of any after the first, but this one DOES look good. :)>-
    Hah this looks nice.
    I'm not watching it so as not to spoil anything, but I can just imagine it's kick 'a'. July can't come soon enough.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    I was just watching the 2013 South Korean film 'The Suspect'. First time I've rewatched it lately, and I noticed how the new 'Bourne' film is pumping stuff from it. The jump-and-catch-the-wire thing Damon does, as do several bits of the Las Vegas chase come straight from this South Korean film.
    Is it only me or does it look like Legacy never happened?
    Ludovico wrote: »

I saw it once in theaters and decided immediately after that that movie doesn't exist. Looks like those responsible for this fourth Bourne installment decided the same thing, thankfully.

It´s not that I disliked Legacy when I saw it at the cinema, but as soon as I was out of the theater I couldn´t remember what that film was about. So I couldn´t tell how much this new film ignores Legacy ;-).

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Legacy basically introduced a more grounded version of a soldier super serum into the Bourne universe, and for that, I'll never forgive it.
  • edited May 2016 Posts: 14,816
    Legacy basically introduced a more grounded version of a soldier super serum into the Bourne universe, and for that, I'll never forgive it.

Basically it downright went into scifi.

Oh and remembering fondly the old miniseries with Richard Chamberlain, I kind of wish they bring back some elements from the original novel, including Carlos, albeit with a different name.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Basically it downright went into scifi.

Oh and remembering fondly the old miniseries with Richard Chamberlain, I kind of wish they bring back some elements from the original novel, including Carlos, albeit with a different name.

@Ludovico, yes. Cross (Renner's character) only has his abilities through blue and green pills he's taken. Without them, he'd be killed in seconds facing the threats he is.

I've always said that the reason why that film just didn't work in hitting audiences the same way the Damon films did is because Bourne is all natural and trained hard to get to where he's at, while Cross on the other hand didn't work for it, and like I said, essentially took super soldier drugs to receive all the special things about him. The mention of super soldier drugs sounds so crazy to say in relation to the Bourne series as, though it's an ambitious action series, it's always remained grounded in mind eyes throughout.

Legacy cocked that up, and like you said, made it more sci-fi than thriller. I think the only utility Cross has now is in a film where he and Bourne team up, but even then, who knows how successful or exciting that would be. Why watch Legacy when you can watch the original trilogy, with a character that has no artificiality? I can't think of a single excuse.
    Basically Legacy was about midichlorians.
    *gasps* you weren't supposed to mention the word that shall not be named.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 15,690
    Jeremy Renner is a pure badass, why give him his skills through pills, which makes him look like a p*ssy next to Matt Damon's Bourne? The film would have been a lot better without this sci-fi stuff.
    @doubleoego @Creasy47 @bondjames @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

We are now exactly 2 months away from 'Jason Bourne'!
    @DaltonCraig007, time to hype it up with some music!

Looking forward to that time flying by, been aching for another, proper 'Bourne' entry for a while now. I sure hope it delivers, the first trailer was very promising.
    @DaltonCraig007, even though I said I wouldn't watch any more media spots online, I did see one of the tv spots inadvertently, because it played during The Night Manager. That Vegas car chase is awesome.

I'm confident that Damon and Greengrass will not let us down, so it's time to get hyped without fear of disappointment.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2016 Posts: 4,437
    Last Saturday i re-watched first movie (my 4th view) after 6 years. Six years a go i bought the SE dvd with Second movie. Bourne Ultimatum followd a year later.

It was new experience on bigger tv. Darker movie then i remember, slower music then i remember. But stil worth 8/10.
    kyqVFi7qUiNuscJFhjMyFo.jpg

CkDhCD6WYAAVnK7.jpg:large