Jason Bourne (2002 - present)

Comments

Anyone know if this follows on from The Bourne Legacy? Will I need to see that before I see this?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    No one needs to see the Bourne Legacy. No one. Not ever.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Looks pretty freakin impressive.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I'm ashamed of myself. I broke and had to watch the trailer, despite promising myself yesterday that I would hold out until the theatre. Weakness is not a virtue.

Having said that.....BOURNE IS DEFINITELY BACK!!

I'm quite certain now that they will be no disappointments here folks. This is going to rock. The brief clips of Vincent Cassel and Alicia Vikander along with Tommy Lee Jones doing what he does best were the highlights.

Only thing that can blow it for me now is if they don't end it with Moby's Extreme Ways.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Trailer confirmd return of composer John Powell and he get help from another composer David Buckley (Trespass, From Paris with Love, The Town.).
    I just watched the trailer. I am actually impressed. They seem to have got their act together at last. Something about the tone, the Tommy Lee Jones character, I don't know exactly what, but they seem to be truly exploring characters instead of scraping the barrel.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Jason's getting sloppy in his old age. Getting caught on camera like that. Hope the film makers have an explanation for it.

Unless he did it intentionally, which would be great, because it would show they've not forgotten what makes the character great. "They don't make mistakes. They don't do random." as Nikki said in Supremacy.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,372
    Aside from the shoddy CG on that wire jump, I'm pretty excited. That Las Vegas chase scene looks like it's going to be insane, and that Damon/Cassel fight looks very exciting.

@bondjames, if it doesn't end with that song, I, too, will be upset. That's Bourne's theme to me.
    @Creasy47, I'm hoping for a happy ending for Bourne at the end of it all this time, preferably with Parsons, and that song would be the perfect way to close it out.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @bondjames, if it doesn't end with that song, I, too, will be upset. That's Bourne's theme to me.

I think we will be alright. You have to hope they have more savvy than EON with their f**king about with the GB for the past 10 years.

Am a lot happier after seeing that than I was after the teaser which I found somewhat uninspired.

Still think the title is shit and I find Vegas a turn off compared to the fabulous locations of the others but am pretty hopeful that this will be a worthy sequel to stand with the other three.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Aside from the shoddy CG on that wire jump, I'm pretty excited. That Las Vegas chase scene looks like it's going to be insane, and that Damon/Cassel fight looks very exciting.

They can always improve it during post.
  • Pretty awesome trailer. Really enjoy these films. They keep EON on their toes, in my opinion.
    This film is going to be amazing.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    doubleoego wrote: »

Damn right. And I'm pretty excited for that Mel Gibson revenge flick in Mexico too.

doubleoego wrote: »

Damn right. And I'm pretty excited for that Mel Gibson revenge flick in Mexico too.

I'm looking forward to that one, as well.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    edited April 2016 Posts: 28,694
    It looks pretty good, and most importantly, it really gave nothing away. Most of the footage is from one section of the film, during some kind of riot, and I like the conflict they've set up.

It seems like Webb was lied to at the very beginning about something that made him an assassin in the first place (we still don't know what motivated him at the start), so that all seems to be coming back to get at him. I also like that Tommy Lee's character is going to be the figure that keeps making Webb think that moving on from his past life will be impossible, no matter how far he tries to run. The film will explore whether he is a natural born killer and nothing more, or if his life carries a greater meaning beyond being a government pawn.

I won't look at any footage past this (I am a guaranteed watcher), and I'm so thrilled that the trailer didn't spoil anything. It's never a certainty anymore, unfortunately, though it never has been.

All in all, not bad. It's great to see so much of the old team back again for another ride.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland

Didn't notice any shoddy CG when I saw it. Thought it looked pretty good actually.

Shame about the music they picked for the trailer. It was a bit shit and lifeless. A good trailer all the same for what promises to be a great movie.
    Do you think it's possible to do something better than the Bourne Ultimatum (the best of the 3 in my opinion, the bourne Legacy not counting) ?

I mean, Matt Damon is good and Paul Greengrass a hell of a director, but we already have had 3 times the "old rotten CIA director with a shadow agenda", the "you remember but you don't know everything", not forgetting the "we've just invented another super-assassin elite".

It's getting a bit old. Do you think Jason can move past that without falling for the same story again ? I was thrilled when the announced the Bourne Legacy with Edward Norton (at last a young CIA baddie), but even if I love Tommy Lee Jones, it just looks like he's playing the Rotten CIA director #X.

One sentence from the trailer still gave me some hope with the "he's already been after us [and kicked our butts]. He's after someone else this time".
    I somehow got the impression that Jones' character was actually a good guy from the trailer. Not certain. Sort of like Pam Landy. I agree on the trailer music though. They have so many great motifs from this franchise, and they should have selected one of the more familiar ones.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Might definitely be a trip to the cinema for me, fan of the previous 3 (not the Renner one). I actually prefer Identity personally but the other 2 are great films.

I've never actually seen the others on the big screen so this will be a first for me.

Already looking like it will put SPECTRE to shame, not hard really.

Didn't notice any shoddy CG when I saw it. Thought it looked pretty good actually.

Shame about the music they picked for the trailer. It was a bit shit and lifeless. A good trailer all the same for what promises to be a great movie.

Yes, but I'm near impossible to overly please or blow away with CGI.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    The Bourne trilogy was released as part of the 2014 Reel Heroes Comic Cover collection :)

full.jpg

Anybody willing to show their Blu-ray's? Would be interesting to see what different artworks there are around for the Bourne movies!
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited April 2016 Posts: 4,416
    Bourne Identity (1988):
    1002004000080227.jpg

Bourne Identity (2002) and Supremacy (2004):
    $_85.JPGThe_Bourne_Supremacy.jpg

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) 2 disc DVD Steelbook:
    $_84.JPG$_84.JPG

The Bourne Ultimatum (2007) Soundtrack:
    51Xj3h%2BHbHL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

The Bourne Legacy (2012) BD/DVD Combopack steelbook:
    1944f50.jpg
    The trailer was not as good i was hoping, but maybe that just means we have not seen all the best bits?
    @RogueAgent, that's definitely why. Most of this appears to be from earlier on in the film, or at least earlier aspects of a lot of the scenes, so I'm sure we have a large chunk of action scenes/the finale we've yet to see. I'd say if you don't want to spoil any more, don't watch any other footage until it's released. That's what I'll be doing, anyway, as I don't want every move and beat from every fight scene spoiled.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Creasy47, I agree completely. I love how the film is being marketed, because we can't plot out the entire film from just the scenes in the first trailer alone, like we could actually do for some movies released in recent memory.
    Too true, and it's something we see in a lot of trailers today, unfortunately. It's why I've tried to limit myself with movies I'm hyped about by checking out just the teaser trailer, or at least the first full theatrical trailer and stopping there.
    @RogueAgent, that's definitely why. Most of this appears to be from earlier on in the film, or at least earlier aspects of a lot of the scenes, so I'm sure we have a large chunk of action scenes/the finale we've yet to see. I'd say if you don't want to spoil any more, don't watch any other footage until it's released. That's what I'll be doing, anyway, as I don't want every move and beat from every fight scene spoiled.

Sound advice my friend, which i will definatly take.
    "I don't mind being followed around by Jason Bourne. I like Jason Bourne."

I know a couple of actors who could learn a lot from that statement.

Anyway, this film looks like it's going to be amazing. The fights and action look like nail biting stuff. Other movies in the genre better get ready to start taking notes.